Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-21-2002, 07:08 PM #1
OpethiaN
anti-search button group.

OpethiaN is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Viking trigger feel

what's the feeling of the trigger? matrix? angel? impulse?
\m/ 0_o \m/

It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2002, 07:15 PM #2
Chappy78
I'm your Huckleberry;)

Dan's had his adjusted as short as the pull on any Angel, but that is kind of an irrelevant question because it is so easy to adjust you can make it what ever you want. 3 points of adjustment for travel, and can adjust tension, by messing with the spring. It comes from AKA with about 2 mm of travel and a very snappy response and no side to side movement at all. Very crisp. And it is the same for the Excalibur because the frame, valve, and even the board are interchangable. The board just needs reprogrammed. So the trigger is the same on either gun.

WMD Gold to Black Fade DM4
100% Custom E. F. PM5,
Matrix Mafia #24

"If I was a monkey, I'd be the baddest monkey in the jungle."
Old 03-21-2002, 07:37 PM #3
OpethiaN
anti-search button group.

OpethiaN is a founding member
i had a matrix and really liked the microswitch..is it the same kind of switch? or it's like the Impulse? i really liked the clicking sound of the matrix microswitch
\m/ 0_o \m/

It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!
Old 03-21-2002, 07:44 PM #4
__2UnREal__

I have an Angel trigger switch, once I get my viking I'll tinker with the idea of replacing the switch with mine. I believe that the matrix and angel switches are the same.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:45 PM #5
Chappy78
I'm your Huckleberry;)

I don't think it is an actual swith like the little trigger boxes where you can actually here when it engages wether it is on or off. It makes no noise at all when it is off and doesn't even really click when it is on, but gas it up, now you are playing with power.
I know AKA only uses the best because I have been to their factory a few times and talked with them about manufacturing delays and it is because the electronics which they do not make, (they are a machine shop) did not meet their very high standards of quality and they had to find another manufactuer. That was why they weren't ready by Christmas, and they got newer better boards that were different to program.

WMD Gold to Black Fade DM4
100% Custom E. F. PM5,
Matrix Mafia #24

"If I was a monkey, I'd be the baddest monkey in the jungle."
Old 03-21-2002, 07:47 PM #6
ballbusters86

Quote:
Originally posted by OpethiaN
i had a matrix and really liked the microswitch..is it the same kind of switch? or it's like the Impulse? i really liked the clicking sound of the matrix microswitch
No, its not the matrix switch, if anything its an angel switch. The matrix one is plastic right? Mine were, the angel and viking ones are metal.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:49 PM #7
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
I shot one at the last ICC tourney and I gota say, although the particular test marker i tried had a slightly longer trigger pull than an angel, it was JUST as responsive. I could still walk the trigger. It's just the kind of trigger pull you want; the kind that allows you to fire quickly and easily and not think about it.

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
Old 03-28-2002, 07:39 PM #8
ballbusters86

I was shooting mine today, with 2 of my friends. I did the trigger job myself, which both of them know i suck at doing, so it wasnt a great trigger, but they all said it was VERY easy to rip on. One of them is now looking to buy a viking again.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:06 AM #9
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ballbusters86

No, its not the matrix switch, if anything its an angel switch. The matrix one is plastic right? Mine were, the angel and viking ones are metal.
The Matrix and Angel have the same switch. From the vids it seemed like the Viking was VERY difficult to get a consistent rate of fire with. Almost like you have to think so you can TRY to fire it fast.

Is it like that? Or are all the guys in the vid not used to it?

Thx

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 03-29-2002, 10:34 AM #10
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally posted by Paint_hore

The Matrix and Angel have the same switch. From the vids it seemed like the Viking was VERY difficult to get a consistent rate of fire with. Almost like you have to think so you can TRY to fire it fast.

Is it like that? Or are all the guys in the vid not used to it?

Thx
They weren't used to it. They rip on them now.

Dan
Old 03-29-2002, 10:46 AM #11
gonzo222

I can totally rip on my trigger... I can empty my hopper in a matter of seconds. I have it tuned to less then a mm.