Civic Si 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-20-2002, 08:32 PM #1
Carnagefly
Quickening

has been a member for 10 years
Arrow My rice dilemma -

Ok, here's the deal, I had to get a job for this and save up 1k, then, my mom said she'd get me one of the following. I don't mean to sound like a moron but I know nothing about cars and I don't know which one to get. All I know is that I love the way Supras look. Well, here are my choices:
Cody "Hollywood" Brown #77
Team Uproar
Broads dig the front players.
The Despair Faction
I can't help my laughter as she cries...

Last edited by Carnagefly : 03-20-2002 at 08:35 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2002, 08:48 PM #2
PBking82

PBking82 is a Supporting Member
Angry Cook rice

Go buy some real mucsule and then cook that rice crap!! I hate stupid Buzz bombs that 16y/o kids have and think their the shiznic. I have respect for real imports that can hold their own but not stupid kids running around going "Heyyyyy, I got NOSSSSSSSSS". Get a mustang, gto, corvette, charger, duster, any of the real racing machines. not crap like that imports. Peace-Jon
Old 03-20-2002, 08:50 PM #3
CrashTestJimbo

I just got a new Acura RSX, it's nice. That's probably a little more than you want to spend though. I would probably say get a non turbo RX-7, and add some stuff to it. I think that RX-7 are such nice looking cars, and I have seen some pretty fast ones.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:54 PM #4
Godzilla
solid

Re: Cook rice

Quote:
Originally posted by PBking82
Go buy some real mucsule and then cook that rice crap!! I hate stupid Buzz bombs that 16y/o kids have and think their the shiznic. I have respect for real imports that can hold their own but not stupid kids running around going "Heyyyyy, I got NOSSSSSSSSS". Get a mustang, gto, corvette, charger, duster, any of the real racing machines. not crap like that imports. Peace-Jon
Maybe he just wants to get a rice but not race it maybe he wants it for looks...Hmmm DO YOU KNOW HOW TO THINK?!?!
And it's shizit* MORON!!! **** your dumb!
Old 03-20-2002, 08:54 PM #5
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

xAskingForItx is a founding member
Re: Cook rice

Quote:
Originally posted by PBking82
your ignorance plagues you

no where did this kid mention that he wanted to be the "hottest" thing out there. Maybe he just wants a reliable car from japan

telling him to get a mustang gto, or a corvette is plain ludicrous, those aren't even anywhere in the same price or insurance bracket....

with an attitude like yours, I'd be surprised if you're even old enough to have drivers permit
Old 03-20-2002, 09:03 PM #6
Carnagefly
Quickening

Thanks for the back up guys! Crash, I saw your's. Nice car. Congrats man! I was just on Auto Trader.com and I found a Non-TT 97 Limited Edition Supra for only 8800! It had been in a wreck but you could easily fix it. It's not too bad. Anyway, like I said I know nothing about cars so, who makes the RX-7? Acura right? Thanks. Peace!
Cody "Hollywood" Brown #77
Team Uproar
Broads dig the front players.
The Despair Faction
I can't help my laughter as she cries...
Old 03-20-2002, 09:13 PM #7
CrashTestJimbo

Thanks! As for the Supra, it might be ok, but if it has serious frame damage, it will plauge you the whole time you own it. If it is just some pannels, it might be something worth looking into.

As for the RX-7, it's all Mazda. If you ever saw The Fast and The Furious, it's the car the spanish guy drives. They are great looking cars. Worth looking into.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:54 PM #8
Buff 08
There is no substitute

Buff 08 is a Supporting Member
Buff 08 is a founding member
Hey now no need to make fun of the guy for liking the american cars. You can get a nice older mustang, gto, camaro, corvette or charger for a decent price. Cheaper then a new acura. The only ricer sport cars that are nice are the RSX and the Celica
Old 03-20-2002, 10:40 PM #9
Gotenks
Banned

PBKing82 how unintelligent...

I agree with you on one thing...

There ARE a lot of riceboys out there having no idea what they are doing when they tune their car.

And yes they act like all that. But those dont count... and there are 2 many definitions for "ricer" so it just shouldnt be used anymore.

I would just love to "rice" my civic out with a huge wing and crazy body kit...

and have a drag turbo with 400 horsepower and kaaz lsd and some bf/goodrich drag radials...

No it doesnt cost $20,000

More like $6,000 to $10,000... a lot but still... 400 hp civic wooouuuulldddd be dope! And the fact that its official that 99% of domestic owners "hate 'ricers' " they would probably be overconfident in racing you...
Old 03-20-2002, 10:59 PM #10
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

a 400 horespower civic wouldn't be very reliable nor suited for daily driving
Old 03-20-2002, 11:00 PM #11
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

Quote:
Originally posted by Buff 08
Hey now no need to make fun of the guy for liking the american cars. You can get a nice older mustang, gto, camaro, corvette or charger for a decent price. Cheaper then a new acura. The only ricer sport cars that are nice are the RSX and the Celica
none of the cars he posted are crap, they arent fast cars, that was never his intention... the kid called them crap, people need to understand theres more to driving than racing, it's getting super ridiculous
Old 03-21-2002, 05:13 AM #12
SGT BiGGiE

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTestJimbo

As for the RX-7, it's all Mazda. If you ever saw The Fast and The Furious, it's the car the spanish guy drives. They are great looking cars. Worth looking into.
if your thinking of hector,he drives a civic in the movie,the gold one,in fast and the furious i dont remember seeing any rx 7's,even the spanish guys whow ent to the store with hector had civics,and Dom had a supra
Old 03-21-2002, 05:58 AM #13
CrashTestJimbo

I think the guys name was Vin Diesiel. I don't know, he looked kind of mexicanish.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:39 AM #14
Section-8
I am your God.

RX-7 ... watch the movie again, the first street racing scene. Dom is driving a red 1996 RX-7.

THose cars are hella fast (the turbo ones) and VERY expensive to maintain. PLus, they aren't reliable for a **** - but when they run, they scream.

As far as a Supra, do NOT but a wrecked one. It will cost you insane amounts of money to fix that car. Again, supras are great cars but the older they are the more unreliable they can be. You never know what the previous owner did to the car.

Now, I'm bias toward Acura's because I drive one, but you can't really go wrong with a newer honda or acura - no matter what it is. They are reliable, economical and inexpensive to modify and maintain. Plus, they a bit easier on your insurance unless you get a honda/acura ending in Si, GS-R, Type-R (Integra) or Type SH ('lude).

As far as the whole 'rice' thing ... that's just uneducated and ignorant to call someone or a group of people 'ricers' simply because they drive an import. So, please, refrain from using that term and show some deciency.

Last edited by Section-8 : 03-21-2002 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:42 AM #15
Shaggey
Canuck

RX-7's are rotary... HUGE gas hog's and hard to fix.. the guys name was Van Deisel (its the Red RX-7 and its in the first race where paul walker has his eclipse still)

~~GET A PRELUDE ~~ Coming from a muscle car lover this is a great car.. especially cause your getting a newer one. throw vtec on it.. it helps.. but thats a great car.. have fun

Civic=family car
Supra=why waste time with an older car?
Acura.... meh still not a prelude.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:28 AM #16
PBking82

PBking82 is a Supporting Member
WTF??

HE said "his rice delema" 9 out of 10 times "rice" means import dragster. SO all of you chill out, maybe if he said looking for an import car than that would have been a different story. Jeezzzz. -Jon
Old 03-21-2002, 10:30 AM #17
WakaWaka11

A type-r will rape a lude, type-r's run in the 14s and ludes in the 15s. Supra is not an older car, lol theirs a 97 and to me that aint old especially coming from toyota. Civic in a way is a family car, but u can slap on a h22a (lude engine) or a type-r engine and slap on a turbo and you'll be in the 12s or lower. If u want a fast car for cheap, get a 94-96 hatchback for 3-4grand and put on a h22a engine(2200) and ure car is running 13s, Thats 7grand
Old 03-21-2002, 03:20 PM #18
alnen

Get an Acura Integra GS-R...That's what I'm getting. I don't know how much you have to spend, but you could get a '94 or '95 clean for $7-8K. I have done my research on this stuff, because lately I have been wanting a new car. I made a bunch of threads about it (LOL) and everyone got mad, so I went to other sources and the GS-R is definitely the best car under 10K (if your looking for: dependability, some speed (not a ton stock, but runs the 1/4 mile in 15.5 sec.), very moddable, and supposedly REALLY fun to drive. The only bad things are insurance is a little higher because it has a VTEC, and also it's not a speed-demon (you could make it one though). They are comfortable if you are under 6 ft. or so, maybe a little cramped at 6+ ft. They are really nice cars, and I have learned alot about them. I can't wait till I get mine.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:09 PM #19
Gotenks
Banned

uh Kevin...

You say that cause you see high power civics break down... hence "RICE-BOY"

They dont reinforce nothing or build strength... therefore breakdowns...

Reliability is as easy as reinforcing the block(various methods) new pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, and advanced electronics.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:11 PM #20
Gotenks
Banned

pbking..

just go in the corner.... and never come back to this thread.

Actually, the world would be better if you just jumped off a bridge. yeah.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:12 PM #21
Shaggey
Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by WakaWaka11
A type-r will rape a lude, type-r's run in the 14s and ludes in the 15s. Supra is not an older car, lol theirs a 97 and to me that aint old especially coming from toyota. Civic in a way is a family car, but u can slap on a h22a (lude engine) or a type-r engine and slap on a turbo and you'll be in the 12s or lower. If u want a fast car for cheap, get a 94-96 hatchback for 3-4grand and put on a h22a engine(2200) and ure car is running 13s, Thats 7grand

He said he doesnt know anything about cars... and a prelude is a way nicer looking car than those **** looking RSX's they look like a frickin Echo.

Ya a guy who doesnt know much about cars isnt swapping engines and tuning if u couldnt figure that out.

1991 nissan 300zx turbo IMO one of the best all around cars out there (fastest year of it is 91 not 96 like people think)