PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-08-2004, 03:06 PM #1
TzuStudent

Remote Line and buying an EXT

Hi guys this is my first post so bear with me.

Yesterday I went paintballing and was having a LOT of problems with my CO2 tanks. I have two 9oz and my friend let me borrow his 20oz. Well my dad brought the tanks to a hardware store to have them filled and I think they totally screwed up on filling them and putting o-rings on them.

My set up:

G3 (black)
12" J&J Ceramic barrel
32 degree Expansion chamber
Plastic macro-line
New bolt (not sure what kind it is, I bought it from a sporting goods store)
Beavertail
Thumber adjuster

My problems:

#1 the guy put a HUGE black o-ring on one of my 9oz tanks, it was so big that I could barely screw it into my gun and then it would just blow air out of the little hole in the ASA. When I unscrewed it the O-ring had a huge cut in it and I just took it off, what an idiot!

#2 as I was setting my gear up every CO2 tank I put in would not leak when I first put it in. Then after a minute or so (while I was loading balls to chrono) the air would SPEW out the ASA hole. This happened with all the tanks. I think the guy might have done something to them ( i was in the bathroom when he was filling em up...) . So now I am getting pissed, this happens with ALL the tanks. I put some oil on their o-rings and then some oil on the ASA threads and screw in the big 20oz tank. I dry fire about 30 times and then the problem does not surface again. 10 minutes later I barely hear a little hissing sound and it's coming from the ASA, I screw the tank in a little more and don't have a problem for the rest of the day. When the day comes to an end and I am unscrewing the tank it spews CO2 as usual but then it FLIES out of my hand. Yes it FLEW out of my hand, I wasn't an idiot and DROPPED it it FLEW out and hits the ground. I pick it up and a spot above the O-ring is dented downwards. First things first, I have never had a CO2 tank fly out of my hand when unscrewing, usually the air spews out a little and then stops as it is unscrewed all the way. Is this my fault or could it possibly be a bad fill or something? Is there a reason for the CO2 tank flying out of my hand?

Question:

Ok, now that you all made it through that I was wondering if there is something I can purchase (a PMI remote line?) that will not let the air spew out of the side as I screw/unscrew it into my source, like an on/off valve sort of construction? I just think it'd be more convenient if I didn't have to deal with CO2 flying in my face everytime I screw/unscrew the tank.

Second Question:

I have been pondering purchasing another marker so that my trusty G3 can serve as a backup. I am looking at the electronic Piranha SRT and EXT (Evo is a bit out of my price range). I like the EXT because it has a drop forward on it already and a regulator as I plan on using Nitro with the new gun I purchase. I have read here that the regulator on PMI's really suck and I should purchase a new one, is this true or would I be ok with the stock regulator?

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by TzuStudent : 11-08-2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2004, 03:15 PM #2
dbleug22990

has been a member for 10 years
hmm sounds like somehow there is so much pressure backing up pushing down the vale to release the co2 that you unscrewed it so fast that it didnt have time to all come out the asa and it just build up enough pressure to fly off, i would just get an on/off that should fix your problems
OFFICIAL DBLEUG22990 FANCLUB MEMBER #1
OLD Feedback
Old 11-08-2004, 03:22 PM #3
joef

I would definately take your tanks to a Paintball shop and have them check it out. Sounds like theirs a problem with the tank valves.

There is a guy in the B/S/T forum selling a new EVO he won. He says he'll sell for $50 less than the best new price you can find. Show him this link for a new EVO for $229.99 and buy his from him for $180.

http://www.actioncenterpaintball.com/sales.asp

Here is his sale:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ghlight=%2Bevo

Last edited by joef : 11-08-2004 at 03:24 PM.