PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-06-2004, 11:07 PM #1
Mr L

Exclamation EVO chopping

Ok, got a new boss blade in the evo which increased the rate of fire tremendously. The problem is I started chopping paint bad when I started ripping. I have used good paint and made sure the batteries on the evo are charged up and found that I am still chopping paint. I wonder if it is my hopper. Im using an AK ricochet hopper. I think that the hopper isn't feeding it fast enough and the balls are bouncing in the breach making the eyes see a ball and then when the ball bounces up it chops the paint. Will a halo b fix this problem? Is it a force fed loader? Will an egg fix the problem? help!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2004, 11:12 PM #2
pvllpbshooter

pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
your eyes may be messed up because i have the same hopper and i had no problems with it

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
Old 11-06-2004, 11:30 PM #3
Mr L

The eyes work fine, i've checked them by cleaning them and then cocked the gun and tried shooting, and it doesn't shoot. It only starts to chop when i start cranking the paint out.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:51 PM #4
pvllpbshooter

pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ummm....are you sure its chopping and the paint isnt breaking...if its chopping the paint is gonna bleed out the eye covers...the only other thing i can think of is that your spring tension is way to high...thats all i can think of unless i saw the gun myself i cant really think of anything else

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
Old 11-07-2004, 01:11 AM #5
cali141

has been a member for 10 years
Sounds like your pressure might be way too high. It should be 500 at the very max. 300 to 350 is the ideal range.

Old feedback
My mag
Old 11-07-2004, 01:33 AM #6
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re

also check to see if your detent is there and is working you could be feeding more than one ball into the breach.also small paint and pmi stock detent=chops.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:26 AM #7
Mr L

I've got the pressure at 500. the ball detents are both there. as far as the spring tension, im not sure what you mean. I have it chronoed at 280fps. it could be the pressure!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:31 AM #8
BretDeLashmutt
aka Junky Jesus

BretDeLashmutt is a Supporting Member
Try using a stiffer main spring, and a lower pressure. The white is the weakest, then the blue, then the red spring. I use the blue one at about 350psi. I don't think its the hopper. The time between the eye sensing paint to the time the bolt contacts it is so quick, I don't think paint would have enough time to bounce back up before the next ball was pushed into place in the feedneck. Also try a drop test. Hold one ball out at arms length and drop it on concrete. Does it bounce or splat?

Last edited by BretDeLashmutt : 11-07-2004 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:44 PM #9
Mr L

Im gonna send it back, since the marker is only 3months old. I figure the tech guys will check it out for me. PMI has always been very helpfull. (good customer service)

thanks for trying to help!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:33 PM #10
kevin_szp
Oh theres a geoduck!

Re: EVO chopping

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr L
Ok, got a new boss blade in the evo which increased the rate of fire tremendously. The problem is I started chopping paint bad when I started ripping. I have used good paint and made sure the batteries on the evo are charged up and found that I am still chopping paint. I wonder if it is my hopper. Im using an AK ricochet hopper. I think that the hopper isn't feeding it fast enough and the balls are bouncing in the breach making the eyes see a ball and then when the ball bounces up it chops the paint. Will a halo b fix this problem? Is it a force fed loader? Will an egg fix the problem? help!!!
u need a different hopper ur probably out shooting it
Old 11-08-2004, 03:18 PM #11
dbleug22990

not with the eyes on!^^^^
OFFICIAL DBLEUG22990 FANCLUB MEMBER #1
OLD Feedback