Freak kit 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-28-2001, 01:54 AM #1
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

has been a member for 10 years
Question Lapco or Freak set

Ok i would really just like anyone who has owned both lapco and freak kits to respond. I have shot lapcos out of my spyder religiously i had a big daddy (AA freak barrel) before that i liked the laco preformance better but i am at a delema(sp?). I had my mind set on a SS lapco set of autospirit and a bigshot for my pulse. but since it would cost me 150 dollars and a freak kit only costs 35 bucks more i dont know what to get. price really dosnt matter i just want the best.

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2001, 03:00 PM #2
Ballin' Paint
James

i would get the freak. 2 barrels vs. 8
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 06-29-2001, 03:42 AM #3
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Well, I'm not sure how many bore sizes you can cover, but if you can get every other one(or just about) with the LAPCOS then there is no good point that the Freak has the inserts.
In fact, the LAPCOS might be better cause the inserts bend easily. You can't bend a barrel.
However, if you want to anno the barrel to match your gun, you have to anno more barrels if you get the LAPCOS.
If you need to lend out a barrel to a friend, you can't do that with the freak. However with a set of LAPCOS, you can.
If the barrel is damaged, with the FREAK you are out 200.00 with a LAPCO you are only out 50.00.

In conclusion I think the LAPCOS are better. I voted freak, but now that I think about it the LAPCOS are beter.
Old 06-29-2001, 01:00 PM #4
TheFreak
sUbLiMe

Quote:
Originally posted by CockerMan86
If you need to lend out a barrel to a friend, you can't do that with the freak. However with a set of LAPCOS, you can.
If the barrel is damaged, with the FREAK you are out 200.00 with a LAPCO you are only out 50.00.
not nessisarily....
if you break the front tip you take it off and buy a new one about 50. if you break the back.... (which I am not sure how you would) you are out like 60 or so and each of the inserts is 20

plus if you buy a new gun all you need is a new back instead of 2 new barrels.

but you did make some good points about the lapcos, they are a fine barrel, I just like the freak. it is more accurate and quieter.
Old 06-30-2001, 01:12 AM #5
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
The freak isn't more accurate? If I'm certain you can buy LAPCOS in other bore sizes. So you can match paint to bore with either the LAPCOS or the Freak. So the freak isn't more accurate.
Also the freak isn't neccessarily quieter. With the same gun and the same amount of porting on the barrels they will be equally quiet. And the barrels have similar porting lengths.
Old 06-30-2001, 01:31 AM #6
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

lapcos have a stip of porting about a inch long compared to the 5 inch porting on the freak. as far as i know lapco will not make you custom barrels. there only bores are 689 and 687

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old 06-30-2001, 09:13 PM #7
archangel
the dark side

get a freak ... it will shoot straighter and quieter ( the lapco is sooo loud )
Diablo paintball
Old 07-01-2001, 05:01 AM #8
Killer Crawl

Killer Crawl is a founding member
I ran in to the same question that you are asking but I had a little advantage. I have a autospirit on my custom cocker and my brother has the complete freak with teardrop and AA fronts. If I were you Id go with the Lapco setup. Now the Freak kit is a VERY nice barrel, but I just dont think that you need a .679 sizer and I think that there is a .695 also. The Lapco's are louder, but they shoot through breaks very well and are VERY conservative with the gas. And dont listen to anyone that says one barrel is better then the other cause I have shot almost all of them with almost every kinda gun available and with a good paint/barrel match they all shoot the same its just that some are quiter then others. If I were you I'd go Lapco, I did and havent regreted it yet. Killer Crawl.