PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-03-2004, 11:42 PM #1
DVS1

has been a member for 10 years
More Power to Filipino Ballers

I met Mr. Sonny Torres of Global Gutz during the 2004 World Cup in Orlando Florida. He is a nice guy with the good intent of bringing Philippine paintball up to par with the US paintball. He was impressed with what the US ballers do on the field during competition and also with the technology here. I introduced him to my network of friends in the industry, sponsors, and affiliations, he was very thankful for the help we provided.
The same offer to help was extended to people who post in this forum but they ended up flaming me. OK that's nothing. The thing that bugs me is that Filipinos attack Filipinos which does not make sense. To what I have learned about the Philippine paintball movement from Mr Torres is that Philippine paintball has a long way to go in every aspect of the sport.....this not a derogatory statement because people like Mr. Torres is educated enough to ask for help when needed. I promised him that I will help him as much as I can and my network of friends can, and he also promised to help me in whatever I might need from him in return. That's a true Pinoy. At this point in time I want to give people like Mr. Torres a pat on the back for his involment and hard work for the sport of paintball. I will end this post to say to all Filipino ballers out there, "Be yourself."
Also props to Mr Bennie Benedicto and his family for being one of few families who play paintball together. The Benedicto brothers of DC are awesome ballers who are humble and soft spoken but has major skills on the field.........future NXL players.

Myxz (DVS1)
68 Caliber.com
DVS inc. Promotions
Stone Serious Paintball
Team 68 Caliber

Last edited by DVS1 : 11-03-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2004, 03:59 PM #2
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

Ten four that. It was indeed a pleasure to meet Sonny and I hope that in his quest to bring Pinoy Paintball to the next level, that he realizes that there are many of us in various levels of the industry who will entend him assistance when called upon.

Good luck Sonny and hopefully I'll see you in January.
(...not intended to mean the Dept. Store chain)
Where paintballers with Brains go
Old 11-05-2004, 10:06 PM #3
rix123

Ronin 23 & DVS1,

It is great that you were able to meet Sonny @ the Cup and offer your assistance and contacts to him to help bring about positive change and progress to the PI paintball scene....

Having said that, I can only express my hope that the same offer be extended to ALL of the entities and organizations in the PI working to bring paintball to a newer and higher level....

No one entity can do it alone at this time, be it Sonny or the others, but if they choose to work together in conjunction with the contacts you both have, I'm sure PI paintball will grow exponentially.

As for the flaming, I'd suggest you discount them and speak directly with the folks directly involved in trying to raise the awareness of PI paintball....if you have the opportunity to make a return trip back, maximize it..get out and meet them all.

Flaming, as we all know, is usually the product of petty jealousies or pushing of personal agendas, something which many are trying to prevent from hindering the growth of PB in the PI.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:13 AM #4
DreamCatcher
Paintball Cheerleader

heya guys!!!

I heard Sonny had a blast with you guys at the World Cup if only I could have fixed my visa sooner I would have had the option to have been there as well.

And such great news to learn that the Pinoys in the US actually have their own paintball group. Envious even more that I didnt get to join. So what do you say you guys come and visit and play paintball with us here. Promise it wont just be paintball but we can actually get to show you around too...what say you???

Last edited by DreamCatcher : 11-08-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 PM #5
DUCKY21
SiNo TaTaY Mo?

wow! i can't wait to visit in the philippines and play paintball over there.

I will definetely hit you up when i go there.
PINOYBALLASOCIETY#53
DuCkY's Feedback
Old 11-11-2004, 05:09 AM #6
DreamCatcher
Paintball Cheerleader

we saw the world cup pictures and saw most of the team...yopu guys are good looking...I bet you wont have a hard time getting the ladies to follow you around when you get to Manila.

I have never seen so many X-ball fields of different colors in my entire life...i like the red and black one...
Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 PM #7
Mnteer13
KRUSHS PAINTBALL

Mnteer13 is a Supporting Member
Thinking about coming over next year when my wife goes to visit her family. She will visit but I want to ball with some of you guys. if you see Sonny tell him Ted Williams is tryin to get ahold of him. Tell him to text me. I am surprised he didn't stay for San Diego Tourney or did he?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:28 PM #8
random act
laser guns

how do they play in the pphillipines?

isn't it so damn expensive for them?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:22 PM #9
DreamCatcher
Paintball Cheerleader

hi random act...

depends on what to you is expensive. for a beginner he/she can play paintball for Php200, that's about $4. It includes basic safety gear, a marker and some paintballs Then the paintballs range from $8 to $12 a bag.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:50 PM #10
random act
laser guns

pretty cheap