i would sell my tippmann if somebody gave me a good offer
::EDIT::
not an ad, just replying to the post above

im scared of the powerful paintball talk mods
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 PM #23
jeremysears

keep the tippman! youll prob never get what you put into it and ya never know might want to use it down the road
Black Shocker Vision SFT
Red Z Force Cocker
Old 11-12-2004, 06:16 PM #24
e2speedballr
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
maybe ill just sell the extra parts
Old 01-31-2005, 08:53 PM #25
patrickpickney1

get a electric loader revy

www.freewebs.com/hoopsters

Automag
egg2
68 3000
spyder imagine
Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 AM #26
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap

"a barrel over 8.5 inchs wont increase accuracy..7.5 or somin

flatline is overrated...get a lapco bigshot is just as good
"

Actually go for a 14" or a 16" especially if you are in the woods. If nothing else the length can help get the balls through the brush better. I have seen 12" do ok. Anything uder that isnt good. Unless the guy is like 5 feet away. 18" barrel will use alot more gas but will shot the same as a 16". It wont help accuracy but it will help your grouping over a longer distance.

Flatlines are ok. They do good at close to mid ranges. You really have to pratice for long ranges though the ball is coming so slow most people can dodge them. This is my opinion but dont by lapco. I had one and I will never by another. Wasnt any better than my stock barrel, and louder. I would say dye if anything. Though they are pricey go check ebay and see what you can find.

That has been my experience but sometimes you just got ot find out for yourself. Oh yeah the 7.5 bigshot I had on my a-5. That is how I know the stock barrel did better. I wouldnt mind trying I think the slapshot, or whatever there newest one is. I heard it had a smaller bore size so it might be ok.
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Old 02-05-2005, 11:04 PM #27
strategyplus21
The Hebrew Hammer

the flat line is an expensive piece of junk...the smartpart 14 inch progressive is the way to go and it is bout 50 dollars in some places
Joy Fan #631

~$~$~$~Black Shocker~$~$~$~

My Feedback 4+/0-
No Longer associated with strategy plus
Old 02-06-2005, 01:52 PM #28
e2speedballr
Banned

OH NOEZ SP NAZIS!

Old 02-07-2005, 08:40 AM #29
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap

Nothing wrong with sp products...just the management of the company.
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Old 02-13-2005, 09:11 PM #30
Festezio

the business world is rough, smart parts is vicious. They make lots of money. Hence they are successful.

anyway i had a flatline and it was fun. I used to take the shroud off and just use the curved barrel. now that got some looks. it was not real; accurate, quiet, or paintfriendly but i got some very nice long range head shots off it.

Problem though, if you play woodsball, then long range is not a good idea considering branches and such. a nice quiet small barrel is better for sneaking, hiding and closer range accuracy. Remember, very rarely is a barrel more accurate than another if the paint fits.

Gun Whore(2pumps,ion,ecocker,shocker,tipp, spyder,zues,black max,tiger,mav.)

Slugs,Rain, and Starbucks coffee=Wa

I pronounce it "herb" not "erb" because theres a FU%KING "H" in it!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:53 PM #31
baseballer2150

I don't know what style player you are, but a reg for a low pressure setup would always be nice. I can hear my friends shots ring out from there customs and locate them REALLY EASY.
Mine (G3, with ups) just has a little metal ping from the bolt clicking on the back and it gives me an honest advantage.

One thing a barrel alone can usually quite your marker to a degree.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:32 PM #32
tend0686

DUDE, it maybe just me, but I am IN LOVE with my Ben Tippmann CAR-15 setup on my 98 C, with a 14" JJ Ceramic, Pro-Team Hyperstar front bolt, a GTA expasion chamber, and a Big 32 degrees drop foward.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:58 AM #33
Trock55
KTFO!

Trock55 is a Supporting Member
I did the normal stuff to my 98c and love it: R/T, TSA Halo Frontman Hopper, Teardrop, Palmers Regulator. I have put my 98c through some tuff stuff and it just can't be destroyed.

The R/T is a great toy but not an add-on that all players agree with. I play mostly with responsible adults so it's not abused.

Good Luck
Old 02-15-2005, 02:49 PM #34
fundusglobus (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by baseballer2150
I don't know what style player you are, but a reg for a low pressure setup would always be nice. I can hear my friends shots ring out from there customs and locate them REALLY EASY.
Mine (G3, with ups) just has a little metal ping from the bolt clicking on the back and it gives me an honest advantage.

One thing a barrel alone can usually quite your marker to a degree.
thanks for the advice, friend

(im one of is friends with the ringing out 98custom)
Old 03-27-2005, 10:07 PM #35
trunksz12ss

my roomate has a pretty sweet tippy woodsball setup.. hes got a 98c with rt trigger and its got a flatline and he turned his tank around facing forward and put a nice stock on it.. it looks sweet and is very accurate and its a pretty sweet for long range shooting with the stock and all cus u can use the tank to balance the gun and keep er steady.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:24 AM #36
scottaka_rufio

scottaka_rufio helped look for balloons
get a stiffi.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:02 PM #37
Mark05

i play all woods and i am pretty happy with my setup... its in my sig
Tippmann 98 Custom, Hunter Green Paint, Expansion Chamber, Response Trigger, Drop forward, 12v Revvy Tripod with x board, polished internals, 32* 14" Carbon Fiber Barrel, Metal Power tube and new bolt.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:30 AM #38
sasquach

Hey Im new....I did the same thing to my Tippman...bought a 14in. whisper, a flatline, a palmer reg, a CAR stock, scope (which I found out was useless for aiming, though it was useful in scenario ball for recon), all in all, I dumped like $350 into that thing...and I decided to get an Automag in the end. It was lighter, and much faster. MUCH faster.

As far as the flatline, you need to read the article under "Sniper's Corner" (no one skewer me, please, its a good review of the flattie) on www.paintballzone.com about the flatline. It gives you distance, yes. But under normal circumstances, it is not neccessarily the most accurate barrel on the market. To get your flatline to peak performance, you need to do the following:
-use small bore, NONoily (aka marbalizers) paint. its not cheap. The barrel is big bore but since it works on backspin you need a ball that will spin on just the top of the barrel. Oily paint will not spin correctly (it cant get the spin), and big bore hits both sides.
-CONSISTANT AIR. An expansion chamber wont cut it. You need a palmer reg on that baby. that is one of the best CO2 regs on the market. it aint too bad for N2 or HPA either, and that sure as heck is better than CO2.

so add all this stuff up, and you have yourself a marker with a distance advantage, and with a lot of work, more accuracy (consistancy). The reason I sold? Too much work, and the distance advantage really isnt that astounding. I play as a flanker, or marksman (I dont call myself a "sniper" becuse under normal circumstances my role in paintball has to be more dynamic) and the longer shot is helpful, but unlike military sniper rifles, it doesnt give me a quarter mile more range than my opponents. Well thats it for now guys.

happy hunting
-
Old 06-15-2005, 10:58 AM #39
mrbeefy250

try a smartparts teardrop that has good accurecy and it is pretty silent u dont want that huge a a barrel for woods ball because it i annoying the flatline is deffinatly not the way to go
Old 06-15-2005, 02:37 PM #40
HeadShot2325
You Know Im Your Hero

Quit upping this thread, it was started 7 months ago.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 AM #41
ViolentT89
Pimpin aint easy

put your upgrades in this order, electric hopper(revvy), nitrogen, barrel, then only then, do you get Response trigger, i will sell you an expansion chamber for 50 bux if you still want to use Co2

Anyone who is sellin a 45/45 tank pm me , PM ME IM DESPERATE FOR AIR!!!

anyone who is interested in an official Tom Fore Arsenal Jersey PM me, or talk to me on aim for bargaining, ViolentT89 = my aim..
Old 06-16-2005, 12:08 PM #42
Trock55
KTFO!

Trock55 is a Supporting Member
Save your money on the expansion chamber and get a remote line. After you upgrade to HPA (if you do) the x-chamber will be useless. Or spend 15 bucks and get the anti-siphon tube for your co2 tank.

I an x-chamber on my 98c, I can't really see a difference.

Better off buying a Palmers Stabilizer since it will work with both CO2 and HPA.