Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Official Ego Forum RULES ***PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING***
1) No threads will be permitted that contain any offers or requests to buy, sell, or trade equipment (so called “b/s/t” threads). This includes links to any third-party site (Ebay, for example) where equipment is being sold. Any thread which breaks this rule will be immediately closed or deleted and the offender will be issued a warning. Repeat offenders will be banned.
2) No flaming will be tolerated. Flaming consists of excessive insults of an offensive nature. Flames can be directed toward individuals, groups, companies, etc., and none of these types are permissible under PBNation rules. Posts or threads containing flames will be edited, closed, or deleted by the moderators at their sole discretion. The decision of what is a flame and what isn’t rests solely with the moderators.
3) No threads will be permitted on the subject of “________ vs. ______”, where the blank may be the name of any other paintball gun. This is the Eclipse forum, so anyone who posts a “Which is better: PE or _____” thread already knows that they will receive overwhelming support for the PE marker. Thus, any such thread is a pointless waste of site bandwidth and will be closed or deleted, and the offending user will be warned.
Edit. From this point on, making a thread asking which ego or etek to purchase/is better is no longer allowed. If you have to ask total strangers which gun to buy, post in the official ego vs thread.
4) Advertisements of any sort are not to be posted in the Planet Eclipse forum. This includes any post which attempts to increase business for a specific store, field, “big game” registration, etc. Posts which violate this rule will be edited or deleted at the discretion of the moderators. The exception to this rule is threads in which the thread starter has solicited a response, ie "Where can I get the cheapest _____?". In these cases it is permissible to respond with "Store X has them for $xxx".
5) The posting of any material which could be considered offensive is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to pornography, graphic violence, and any material which may be construed as illegal in any way (Warez and other file download sites, for example). PBNation is a cleanliness-oriented website and it will remain so. Any posts which violate this rule will be immediately deleted, and the offending user will be warned or banned at the discretion of the moderators.
6) We have a swear filter for a reason. Cheating the swear filter will result in a warning and then a ban.
7) Do not post in all caps, as it is generally considered to be “yelling” on the internet. Besides, it’s harder on the eyes and accomplishes nothing. First offenders will be warned; repeat offenders may be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the moderators.
8) When posting a new thread, the title must be representative of the thread’s content. In other words, a thread’s title should inform other users of the topic therein WITHOUT them having to actually enter the thread. Instead of titling your thread “got a question about my DC2”, be specific: “Question about leaking valve”, “Need help deciding what rear cocking kit to buy”, etc. Since the other users are here to help you, try to make it easier on them.
9) Threads directed toward one person will be deleted immediately. That’s why we have Private Messaging. This rule also applies to personal grudges which show up repeatedly in a user’s posts; such a user will be warned and then banned.
10) Try to make sure your post will add something worthwhile to the discussion at hand. If all you can say is “yeah” or “that sucks”, then you aren’t contributing any worthwhile information to the community. Remember, in an internet forum all you have to go by is your reputation, and if you don’t contribute, no one will think anything of you. Reminder, sometimes these are a 3 to 5 day temp ban.
11) Before posting a new thread, try using the “search” function of the website. We understand that sometimes you won’t be able to find the answers to your question, and in that case we welcome you to post a new thread. However, many times people post threads that are re-posted almost every day. Sometimes there are even multiple threads on the same topic that are on the front page at the same time! That is simply unacceptable, as it unnecessarily sucks up site bandwidth. Once you’ve determined that the search function isn’t helping, put a little note in your new thread to let people know you already tried searching; that way they’ll be more eager to spend time helping you out.
12) Do not revive “dead” threads. That means, if a thread hasn’t gotten a reply in over a month or is more than 10 pages back from the main “current threads” page, you generally should not post in it and bring it back to the top. We obviously didn’t care enough about it to keep it going then; we still don’t care so don’t bring it back. We realize that there may be occasional exceptions to this rule but they are uncommon. Most dead thread revivals will result in a warning and then a ban for repeat offenders.
13) The Golden Rule applies. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be generally respectful of all the other users here. If you have a problem with someone, just ignore them instead of burdening the rest of the community with your squabbles.
14) If you see a violation of these rules occurring, please do not attempt to correct the offender yourself in any way. That’s why moderators exist. Simply use the “Report the Post” function to alert the moderators of the nature of the infraction, and they will handle the situation in a method they deem appropriate. When six users jump on another user for an infraction, all it does is send the thread down the tubes and cause general disruption. Let the moderators do the dirty work.
15) All decisions rest with and are made by the moderators of the Eclipse forum and the staff of PBNation in general. All decisions made by moderators are final and non-negotiable. Moderators may interpret these rules as they see fit and may act on those interpretations. If you feel you have been disciplined unjustly, send a respectful PM to one of the moderators and we will explain to you why actions were taken. Threats or arguments with the moderators will result in further and more severe actions.
16) No "price my gun" threads will be allowed from now on. If you want an appraisal of your gun, go to the B/S/T forums and look for similar setups that other people sold.
17) No "upping" will be permitted. If no one responded to your thread, that means they didn't want to. Upping simply perpetuates a thread that will not be answered.
18) The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread is here for all to use. It is designed to keep certain questions from clogging the forum when they are asked day after day. It is expected that all users of the Eclipse forum have read the FAQ. Any thread which poses a question that could have been answered by reading the FAQ will be closed immediately.
*Taken from the Cocker forums, thanks to everyone who made it.*
*Please point out spelling errors or anything else to gzinthehood or Conqueror via PM. We'll be happy to change it.*
Edited 9/7/06 Calvman
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
Last edited by calvman : 09-07-2006 at 07:55 PM.