PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-07-2002, 03:31 PM #1
MarbsMan2715

has been a member for 10 years
macro and Micro line

Whats the difference which should i get for my 68ci 3k psi and vigilante on a spyder. Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2002, 03:33 PM #2
MarbsMan2715

o ya

o ya i need a foot of Micro or Macro and a 90* fitting and a straight fitting. all the kits i see have two 90's and no straights but the micro has a straight two 90's and 2 1 foot things of micro
Old 03-11-2002, 11:56 PM #3
jfreak

Go with the macroline. At least the older microline had a tendency to burst under pressure, and I'm not sure if this issue was ever addressed. Macroline has a better(higher) pressure rating. I have seen macro with a 90 and a straight fitting included, you just have to ask. Also, in either case extra tubing is usually about $1/foot, so it won't break the bank to buy extra.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:09 AM #4
Ace_Paintballer
Preppy Little Rich Kid

http://www.countypaintball.com/ has the macro ure lookin 4
Chrome E-Blade
AKA Lightning Delrin Bolt
Chrome CP Reg
Other parts
Old 03-12-2002, 11:16 AM #5
Black Ice 72
Banned

Microline is too skinny and flimsky. Macroline is the way to go. They can withstand more pressure, have a nicer air flow , and come in stylish colors.
Old 03-13-2002, 05:17 PM #6
phish
Awaiting Email Confirmation

yep, go for the macro, the quick disconnect and push in fittings are great
Old 03-13-2002, 08:53 PM #7
Black Ice 72
Banned

Yeah, quick disconnects are mad good. But, they are butt ugly, in my opinion.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:14 PM #8
phish
Awaiting Email Confirmation

true, but i prefer function over beauty(i have a mag which as you know is not the prettiest gun around)
Old 03-14-2002, 03:12 AM #9
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
Re: macro and Micro line

Quote:
Originally posted by MarbsMan2715
Whats the difference which should i get for my 68ci 3k psi and vigilante on a spyder. Thanks
Got this info from Air Soldier Products

Specs for the microline:
.086" ID
.156" OD
.035" wall
1120 psi working pressure (3360 psi burst)
0.25" bend radius

Specs for the macroline:
.150" ID
.250" OD
.050" wall
1000 psi working pressure (3000 psi burst)
0.5" bend radius

It's not clear if there is a standard for these lines or if tolerances vary among manufacturers. In general, microline is better if you're running 12 grams. Otherwise macroline is better because you'll get less flow restriction.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article
Old 03-14-2002, 02:40 PM #10
Kustom Kid
Fueled by Monster

Macro line is your best bet. But, if you have to go over 2" (give or take a little bit) to make the connection I suggest steel braided line. Macro, and micro, has a tendency to leak at the QD elbows. You could have a perfectly straight cut and for some reason it just won't seat properly. Now, to fix this all you have to do is wiggle the line. It gets to be a pain in the butt after a while. As stated above the burst pressure is fairly high. I've heard a lot of people talk about macro and micro line blowing up, but I've never had it happen to me and I've never seen it happen to anyone. Most preset N2 tanks are set at 850psi, or there abouts. And you'd have to have a 20 oz CO2 tank full and pretty damn hot to get it that high, and even if it was, the burst disk on the bottle would probabally go before the line.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:37 PM #11
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kustom Kid
Macro, and micro, has a tendency to leak at the QD elbows.

I've heard a lot of people talk about macro and micro line blowing up, but I've never had it happen to me and I've never seen it happen to anyone.

Most preset N2 tanks are set at 850psi, or there abouts.
Usually, the leaks just mean you haven't pushed it in all the way. The best way to prevent this is to just pull on the lines before you gas it up just to make sure they are secure.

I have personally seen both Macro and Micro line burst right before my eyes. The line was extremely cold/freezing because of co2 on a cold day. I suppose it just GAVE in and BAM! One big leak I must tell you. It was actually pretty cool watching all of the air go around. The kid was damn near crying though, lol.

You are correct about the 850 psi preset tanks. But, just to elaborate, that is for high pressure presets. They can go lower. I think that PaintballGear.com has LP 450 PSI one's or something around that.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:43 PM #12
MarbsMan2715

do u think my line will bust. If it busts i swear im dropin my gun and bein like "hey ****in turn the mofo off. Hurry up omg its loud damnit hurry up" i hate touchin loud things that i think ima fuk up. Anyways do u really think it will bust on me?
Old 03-15-2002, 07:02 PM #13
Black Ice 72
Banned

No way, man. It is an extremely rare occurance. Don't sweat it if it happens though. If it does, just take a deep breath and hold it (make sure you are pointing your face away from the gun) and then screw the tank out.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:26 PM #14
MarbsMan2715

k, thx

ok thanks man see ya l8r