Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-15-2002, 09:16 PM #1
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

has been a member for 10 years
Lightbulb Maximum Efficiency

I apologize for the all caps title- I figured it might catch your eye better. Well, this really is for a discussion about maximum efficiency. I decided to make my gun LP for a few reasons: less kickback, quieter gun, more efficient gas usage. Now, less kickback and a quieter gun are instant gifts of the LP Gods. Maximum, or optimal, efficiency is something that is much trickier though. How do I go about maximizing efficiency?

How can I tell/calculate when I am at max efficiency?

I don't necessarily want the lowest pressure I can get, but rather lowest pressure that gives me maximum efficiency. I imagine it might be just under the 500psi max of my glad. Perhaps around 400-450 on the BD?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Techna Finger Job Style Trigger, CP Dust Black 12" Pro Barrel, CP Dust Black Twist Lock Feedneck, STD Industries Proto LPR, Orange SAM Proto bolt with Tophat Mod, Proto Low Pressure Bolt Rear Cap, Tadao M3 software, Hybrid Red Lady Grips, Black CP Black Razor Drop, Pure Energy 72ci 4500psi HP Peanut tank, Red Halo B with V35
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2002, 12:34 AM #2
gap

just a thought.

if the hammer and bolt both was replaced buy a lighter hammer and bolt combo , but if the bolt is only replace with a lighter bolt then the ratio has changed , and the problems that you have will still go on .

but if you took the standard bolt and hammer ,weighed founded out the wieght to size ratio after working this out ,you got the hammer made out of TITauim and skelotiniz and the bolt made out of a poly matrial . with the same ratio but just ligher ,and you then replace the spring combo it made work at a lower pressure.

hope you can figure out what i trying you get a cross.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:38 AM #3
Twisted Angel
Capt. of Twsited Angel's

get a new valve, the 32* LP valve is a GREAT one, then a bob long LPC, then modify the pin ( PM me for details), then use the lightest springs u got, then get a lighter bolt like the N-Bolt and tap it so it will work with the snap back, then get a lighter spring for ur reg, then get a good small bore barrel, then u have a REALLY good LP dragun thats about all u can do if anyone can add to this PLEASE DO so I know too
Old 03-18-2002, 02:33 PM #4
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

If you check my sig you see that I already have all the parts I need for LP. My question lies more in how exactly to go about finding the maximum efficiency point or zone.
Techna Finger Job Style Trigger, CP Dust Black 12" Pro Barrel, CP Dust Black Twist Lock Feedneck, STD Industries Proto LPR, Orange SAM Proto bolt with Tophat Mod, Proto Low Pressure Bolt Rear Cap, Tadao M3 software, Hybrid Red Lady Grips, Black CP Black Razor Drop, Pure Energy 72ci 4500psi HP Peanut tank, Red Halo B with V35
Old 03-18-2002, 05:38 PM #5
bob
Banned

Abra, are using a nitro tank? If you are this should be simple to figure out, but time consuming.

1. get a good fill on the tank

2. write the operating pssure and set up down.

3. Shoot 5 hundred psi worth of paint, and record the amount of shots.

4. Repeat with different setups

5. then compare results to find which one has the most efficiency.

There probably is some technical mathmatical way to calculate it to, but nothing is better then trying it out for your self.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:58 AM #6
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

Yeah, that's about the only thing I could suggest too. Although I initially thought it was important, efficiency has turned out to be something that I am not overly concerned with. But bob has a good suggestion. One caveat, it's not as important where you start from (2000 psi vs 3000 psi), just that you start from the same place every time.
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ