Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-27-2001, 12:56 AM #1
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Halo Hopper

Just wanted to post a heads up for everyone that these or not that great.. I saw them in Chicago and watched as Chris Lasoya was destroying BadCompany in the semi finals and his Brand New Halo hopper jammend and he had to stop dead in his tracks poor out the entire hopper unjam it and reload... He was hit some time during the process.. They still won the game and lost only like 2 guys. Would of been better and quicker with out that happening though. He also fired his gun just as fast with a Revolution so the feed rate can be nothing to great...
later,
jcc
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2001, 01:07 AM #2
HuMMaN

A friend was taking the WDP tech tranning when Lasoya came up to him with his Halo, John(my friend) saw how it felt and was shocked at how heavy the thing was. He compared it to an Angel with no barrel/or air system in weight. Lasoya must be hitting the weights more often now that he is shooting one.

The HuM
Old 06-27-2001, 03:58 AM #3
Spy_Dre

good thing i got a Ricochet then. i haven't had probs with that yet!.
Old 06-27-2001, 08:20 AM #4
Accord
WDP *********

I was looking forward to the HALO's also. Guess i'll be sticking with my revy I'm going to move this to the hoppers forum for others to see.
Old 06-27-2001, 10:18 AM #5
Malice
Thanks for the info. So far I have been happy with the Revo and intelifeed. I am not about to change yet.

Old 06-27-2001, 01:12 PM #6
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
I only noticed Lasoya using it one game and I doubt he uses it again unless the Halo company throws down some cash cause just a free hopper wouldn't be enough to make me use one of them.
later,
jcc
Old 06-27-2001, 05:09 PM #7
minime

minime is a founding member
I'd like to try one. It probably just jammed up because they shoot that super small Imperial. Of course it's heavy, you have to use six AA batteries.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 06-27-2001, 05:19 PM #8
Jalk

halo

I saw Lasoya use it 2 games and it definitely jammed in the Bad Company game and I think it did also in the finals game agaisnt dynasty (that would explain why as near as I can tell Chris did absolutely nothing until he did his dead man's walk) I think although it doesn't work well now it can be made not to jam and will probably be the next big thing. I was talking about it and ed poorman overheard in the air line and he said it rocked but he was going to let chris use it.

I don't think it's fair to say that lasoya "tore through bad company". From my perspective I think chris wiped about 4 times. I don't cheat, and if that game was played straight I'm not sure avalanche would've won. Bad Company was in their bunkers and all crossed up and rabackoff wasn't getting anything done in the front of the snake. Lasoya jumped into the back of the snake and wiped a little, shot everyone, then played on until the ref pulled him out. It was ***.
Old 06-27-2001, 05:30 PM #9
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
He didnt wipe anything from my veiw and i was standing right next the snake... He had a hit on the belt of his pack and that was it and if he supposibly wiped so many hits he could of wiped that one to, but it was still a perfectly fresh hit on his pack that he never touched. Bad company just did nothing that game and got tore apart by clean play...
Old 06-28-2001, 12:51 AM #10
DuBri
F*** the police

A guy came to my local field in dallas

and the same thing happened. A minute into the game, after firing about 50 rds through it, it jammed. He pulled out lots of deformed pballs but couldnt get it working again and left. It was also huge. I dont normaly complain about the looks of equipment as long as it works but not only did it not work, it looks like a tumor. The guy said he was the designer of it. He must be pretty embarased. I say get a richochet. The lcd is usefull wheras 16 bps +jamming probs is not. The richochet is actually going to feed pretty much as fast as you can shoot becuase of the way it spins when a ball moves out of it into the breech of your gun.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 AM #11
Tyler valo (Banned)
Trash of the south.

Isn't it fun to look back?

*Sigh* sooooo many years ago, our first HALO thread.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:53 PM #12
blaker615
RIP Air McNair

your an idiot
Old 04-27-2005, 06:30 PM #13
pb2xtrms
smokin

pb2xtrms is a Supporting Member
wow, how stupid must you be to bring a DEAD thread that was from 3 ****ING YEARS AGO back to life

"Originally posted by I love Impulses:
This may be the alcohol talking, but I can still spell and use proper verb conjugation, so I think I am clear."

"Originally posted by Worr, the wee tot.: That's it, hand in your testicals and walk quietly back to your room."
Old 04-27-2005, 08:00 PM #14
Tyler valo (Banned)
Trash of the south.

LOL, gees. Just flame me for bring back old memories.