Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-15-2002, 11:30 AM #1
CRUCIATUS
nothing

CRUCIATUS is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow What do the Pros do????

we have just formed a fairly large team and putting together some codes. Does anyone know what the pros do as to codes and calls. Do the front men just yell,,we got 1 at the 50, 2 at the middle lay down, 1 back left, 1 back right,,or do they do more complicated codes?

We were thinking of using gridlike codes. Like A1, B1, C1, and so on. that would be the back 3 standups...

anyone got any better codes? or plays to call?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2002, 07:47 PM #2
talls13

Not exactly sure what the "pros" use, and I guess you are refering to NPPL teams. However, I have played many many good Amatuer teams and from what I can tell KISS is the word. KISS for all you non-military folk is KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. Codes are meant for a quick, easy way of calling out opponents and knowing where everyone is at all times. If they get complicated someone will forget and more than likely it will cost you something in one of your games.

With all that said the basic suggestions I can give are:

have your teams codes that include when you are low on paint, air, you have a broken ball, what side for your back man to shoot, where and when you are moving, how many opponents are left, how much time is left (backmen at the minimum should always have a timer), bunker codes. Also make sure all you teammates know to scream that they are out whenever they get hit. Nothing worse than thinking there are 2 of you when you are really the last one left.

NEVER use the word OUT or GONE in anyone of those codes. Ex. He is gone or get him out is sometimes a bad idea because if all the ref hears is out...you will be out too.

*EDIT* Sorry I just realized I kinda danced around your real question and instead gave you the basic information you probably already know. I myself wouldn't have codes for different bunkers. There is really know need to and the only people you will wind up confusing are yourselves. The grid idea is a little complicated for my tastes because if someone has to think for a split second more it could mean an elimination. Try it at your next team practice and if it works out then keep it.

Last edited by talls13 : 03-17-2002 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:02 PM #3
Reklats

I'm not a pro but...

My team has been trying to do a grid system for a while...its kinda annoying to learn, but it'll work on any field once we get it down. You could always just use the names of the bunkers...

Whatever you do, don't use "K" for tallying up the elims. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE does that. K1! K1! gee...I wonder what that means.

We use "I'm sleeping with your sister" for I'm low on air/paint
Old 03-17-2002, 09:07 PM #4
talls13

Quote:
Originally posted by Reklats

We use "I'm sleeping with your sister" for I'm low on air/paint
Thats a good one. We got pick the buger for grab the flag.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:43 PM #5
Reklats

The thing is, that's still somewhat of a give away. I'm sleeping with your sister is perfect, because it has nothing to do with anything.

One game this one guy started yelling "I'm out of cheese". I wonder what that means. I was like: bunkering time....
Old 03-18-2002, 05:11 PM #6
talls13

True but we only use it as a joke. I am our front guy and it is my job to get the flag when I hit the 50. I rely upon my back men to keep someone out of my 50 and to tell me if they got in. They need to tell me where people are and where they think the next move is. Other than that I don't listen to the basic stuff I already know. Plus if I am in the 50 they know why I am there so it is really an unneccessary code.

Chances are once I am in I got the flag anyway so that never really comes up but it sounds funny to yell. I have heard some very interesting bunker him codes by Team Rave and Midsouth Paintball Factory Team (if you even know who they are). Wish I could put them but they are a little discreminatory and I don't want to break the rules.

And the guy yelling "I am out of cheese" would be a stupid code unless the talked about it and that means the back guy is going to wait for a bunker move and then nail the guy. I have seen this done and younger teams tend to fall for it. Ex. I have heard a team yell "cleaning the pipe" which to most younger teams sounds like they are cleaning the barrel. Well the team did think exactly that and made a rush on the 2 guys (it was 4 on 2) needless to say it was ugly they got about to the guys 40 when shots started breaking on everyone. Lesson learned- don't listen to other teams codes.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:37 PM #7
laxman5

when i play we make the field like a football field. we have a 10, 30 40 and 50 yard line even tho they arent really that many yards....there is like rows of bunkers on each line so thats how we do it

Coming Soon:
Eclipse Blade hinge frame
New WGP 3-way
Nitro Duck 90/3000
Old 04-26-2002, 06:37 PM #8
Moe21
West Nile ?

in sup air you can callem

triangle - home plate, dorito

standup - any canned soft drink

snake- snake

He's at the mid left dorito

back right pepsi
Old 05-10-2002, 06:00 PM #9
Hacker24
homo-tastic

I dont have names for bunkers other than what they are called. But, if there is a guy in a bunker it is hot if not then it is cold. i.e. THE snake is hot! or the sub is cold. Then like i like sydiving is our out of paint. I guess you could name the bunkers, but it si hard.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:05 AM #10
ffry

ffry is a Moderator
ffry is a Supporting Member
ffry donated to help Peyton Trent
ffry supports Bob Gurnsey
ffry supports our troops
well my team like if were playin a 5man game, we yell to eachother how many people on the other team are left like if there are all 5 opposing players alive we yell 55 then if one gets eliminated its 54 and 2 get eliminated its 53 etc etc and we give the bunkers numbers so if someone is behind say the top left doghouse or stand up we say player behind 3 or move to 12 or summthin similar. we arent pro though lol we just make codes up, the hard part is memorizing them
Old 06-15-2002, 07:45 PM #11
iMPy512

iMPy512 supports Pev's Paintball
all you ever wanted to know

Just use simple things that you can yell that are understandable, lots of pro & amatuer teams use numbers and codes- like the All A's use to use 11 (for kill 1) 21 (for kill 2) 31 (for kill 3) ect. Just walk the fields, most teams use the same bunker codes, sup air is usually things like the Car Wash, Snake, Rocket, Cans, and Doritos, hyperball is things like snake, 3-pack, T, stand-up, ect. Just use 50, 40, and such to help make calls and words like "your mirror" also (works well on semetrical fields). Finally, the most important things (besides walking the fields to get the rest of the info above) is basic codes like moving and bunkering.
Moving is usually already decided, and a back player will yell something like Marco, Marco, Polo. Marco (the sign the back player gives for a few balls to be thrown), Marco (when the player should move), Polo (what the player that moves yells to let his team know hes in)
Bunkering- Do the guy is by far the favorite, number codes work well also
Then your set, dont make "fake" codes, they make everything confusing.

Hope that helps you, later.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:02 PM #12
A|ex

I usually speak Norwegian....
Of course that dosent work when we are playing against other Norwegian teams.....
Then we just make up stupid things....
Old 08-16-2002, 01:49 AM #13
automagsrule
LOIC

my team codes

We ussually come up with dumb things before each game for something. we always change after a game tho so no one really knows our code... maybe that's cuz we don't really have one. but here is some of our code from our last tourney

Lick my balls! = low on air
i see said the blind girl = cleaning barrel, cover me
bunkering time! = going for flag, cover me.

then we have timing codes. like I say going on 3, i dont get up, so all the opponent looks at me then leaves me alone cuz i didn't do anything, when one of my back players says a code (i think "in your eye" was our code from last game) that means that they stopped paying attention to me and it is all clear again.
When we say going on 5, we leave right away.

Just come up with stupid phrases that has nothing to do with what the real meaning is and change your timing, if you say go on 3 and go on 3 then you are gonna get lit up like a christmas tree, but if you say go on 3 and go on 1, you will be 2 seconds closer to your destination before everyone focuses on you.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 10-09-2002, 04:10 PM #14
justin1313
MFT

my team (Mantis Factory) uses "your grandma's mine" for 2 minutes left and "your momma's mine" for 1 minute left
at a local tourney an all girls team used "I need makeup" for they were out of paint
but I would say keep it as simple as you can
Old 12-07-2002, 03:31 PM #15
avalnchebller
MEECROB

I have attended the world cup as well as severl non-NPPL events and many teams use 11 for kill 1 etc or divide the field into three or four sections and then label it veriticalls so it creates a grid so not only will these many numbers confuse some opponents it can be extremely accurate. I.E. "Instead of man in the back right can" My team uses number code so it sounds like 4100, 4100 and so on for each person.