PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-14-2002, 09:24 AM #1
SteveIsGr8

has been a member for 10 years
2002 rebel double feeding.

What do I need to do to stop this from happening? I replaced the ball stop nubbin and that seems to have helped a bit. But it still is double feeding every 5 or 6 trigger pulls. Any idea on what to do?

Steve
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2002, 10:37 AM #2
Rios_creos
Banned

if your paint is too small it could be falling through without touching the ball detent (nubbin)

it may help to get slightly bigger paint or you can try the following modification which is up to you and i take no responsibility for what happens.

this is a very easy modificiation:
take out your detent and put a little tab of silicon glue on it (thus making it longer) or a very small amount of hot glue on it. (be careful with the hot glue because it comes out in a big chunk so put only a litttle bit on it)

now, wait for it to dry, then put it in your gun.

hopefully you have followed directions and put only a small amount at the tip of the ball detent.

this solved my friends problem so it'll probably work for you.

hope this helps
Old 03-14-2002, 10:39 AM #3
SteveIsGr8

Much simpler than trimming the existing nubbin base. Thanks.

Steve
Old 03-14-2002, 11:38 AM #4
Rios_creos
Banned

no problem.

hey, you have one of those new rebels?

hows the trigger frame? is the trigger pull very long?

just wondering cause i might buy one of the frames.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:42 AM #5
SteveIsGr8

Yes, it's a new one. The trigger pull seems okay. It's about the same as my daughters Spyder. The one thing I like is that the grip feels nice and full in my hand. It looks good also. Feels much more solid than my old 2K Cocker. i can't compare it to the old style Rebel, as I don't have one to compare to.

Steve
Old 03-15-2002, 04:33 PM #6
redmonster13
I hate paintball

The new style came about because of problems that we had with the first models. The milling and anodizing is some of the best that you will find in any of todays semi blowback guns. As far as the trigger pull on these guns, pretty much all you can do is light the springs. Look for a new Rebel to hit the market soon. Its called the BTB. For pics grab one of the newest copies of 2xtremes paintball. There is a full page ad on it.

Gambit
Nationalpaintballsupply
Old 03-15-2002, 08:56 PM #7
Rios_creos
Banned

redmonster,

will the new grip frame work with the old rebels (a rebel deluxe)

how much is the frame.

and also, how the hell do you take out the pins on the trigger frame for my rebel deluxe. the frame is metal and so are the pins and no amount of force is getting the damn things out. i need to replace the sear but thats not gonna happen til i get the damn thing out.

another thing, are there EVER going to be electronic trigger frames for the rebel? that would be cool.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:21 AM #8
SteveIsGr8

It's too bad that the Rebel detent needs to have a mod like that done on a $.05 part. With that done it's a nice working marker. A few guys in my club were interested in getting a Rebel, but are now going to pass and get Spyders or Tippmanns. (I know that Rebels are similar to Spyders, but none of the Spyders I've had or they have experience with have a feed problem.) They all like the way the Rebel looks and feels, but think that since there was so little thought put into the detent, that maybe the rest of the marker was somehow neglected. When it all comes down to playing in a game, good looks and a slick package don't mean a whole lot if the marker doesn't work right.

Steve
Old 03-18-2002, 09:47 AM #9
redmonster13
I hate paintball

Rios_creos

There are new metal frames out. I don't understand what you mean by the pins in the frame. It should just be 2 allen screws holding it on.

If you have any problems e-mail me at gambit2085@hotmail.com
Or call me at work the # is (972) 554 6695.
Ask for Duston.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:27 PM #10
spud majic
BR Machine

the pins in the frame are pretty hard to get out. they only come out one direction. if you put a light amount of heat the aluminum will expand faster than the steel pin and a small punch and a hammer should get them out in no time without and trouble.
www.geocities.com/brmachineco
Old 03-19-2002, 05:05 AM #11
SteveIsGr8

Just an update on the feed problem on my Rebel. The glue ended up breaking off the detent and the feed problem came back. So I ended up using one of the spares from my daughters Spyder. The Spyder detent is a bit longer and that solved the problem. So now all the Spyder guys are sure having a great time giving me the "We told you so's". But at least it's working now.

Steve
Old 03-19-2002, 12:21 PM #12
SGT BiGGiE

i only had feeding problems with really small paint,but since i quit useing that no problems,what kind of paint do you normally use?
Old 03-19-2002, 12:57 PM #13
SteveIsGr8

I use Smack Balls or Marbs usually. Sometimes Midnight. But now it's shooting everything just fine. This is one of my daughters marker. She tends to shoot whatever I have around.

STeve
Old 03-19-2002, 02:39 PM #14
Rios_creos
Banned

spud magic: thanks for info on heating, i'll try it out now!

Steveisgr8: yeah, you might get some crap from spyder/tippmann users about how rebels break a lot. always carry extras of things that can break like sears, pull rod struts and stuff and you'll be back in the game kicking ***.

national paintball guy: are you guys gonna make an electro frame for the rebel? if so i bet you would sell tons of them. let us know.
also, if i buy a new frame, will it stop the wear on the sear?

thanks

rios_creos
Old 03-19-2002, 04:41 PM #15
Rios_creos
Banned

the heat idea did not work

conclusion: REBELS DO NOT LIKE FIRE

it made it all black and was extremely hard to wipe off the smudge and to top it off, the "push safety" text is stained a shade of nasty grey.

i started to realize that i havn't been hitting it very hard....then i got to thinking that the reason i wasn't hitting it hard was because the nail would keep moving around after each tap and scratch up my frame like a bit. for a second i thought it was working and then i looked and saw a hole in my damn frame. (a small hole)

32 degrees needs to either make some of their parts better so they won't break i.e. the sear, or just make the damn things accessible.

on a further note, my expansion chamber is also scratched because of my gross negligience in removing it from the bottomline
Old 03-19-2002, 11:47 PM #16
SGT BiGGiE

have you tried knocking it out fromt he other side?,the pins only come out one way
Old 03-20-2002, 11:19 AM #17
dorksquad55
skateboarder for life

forget rebels, get a mag. no problems at all.(i also have a rebel as a back up so know what i'm talking about, i won it at a tourney).

ken

for all your Automag needs go to www.automags.org

dropkick1 over on AO
Old 03-20-2002, 11:47 AM #18
Rios_creos
Banned

mags are nice, but the several hundred bucks i'd need to put together a decent one would go very far on my rebel and weed smoking.

conclusion: a mag is great, but with 200 bucks i can make my gun rock and save 300-400 bucks for approximately 5-7 ounces....emmmhmmmm.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:41 PM #19
SteveIsGr8

Maybe you should lay off the weed smoking while your working on your gun That way you might save it from more

Steve
Old 03-20-2002, 12:49 PM #20
dorksquad55
skateboarder for life

there is no way in hell that u can tell me an 80 dollar rebel with 200 dollars worth of upgrades is better than a mag. no way in hell, u spend 300 for a mag and your set, no upgrades needed. research it.

ken

for all your Automag needs go to www.automags.org

dropkick1 over on AO
Old 03-20-2002, 04:47 PM #21
SGT BiGGiE

actually,i've only shot one mag i'd take and nto do anytign to,and that was one with custom milling ann nickelplated and nickelplated and milled hyper frame,a stock mag or one with a benchmark frame has a slower rof then i have achieved witht he rebel,but granted i wasn used to the mag trigger,the mags big benifit is it is smaller and quiter,a bad thing about mags i have seen,is the twistlock in barrels wearing down an the barrel ebing woobly,the oring on the barrel being to smalla nd rotateing so ti wont feed in mid game