Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-05-2005, 12:42 AM #43
dukearodbw22

dukearodbw22 is a Supporting Member
shock, the ram is the difference in recoil. i try my old bolt in my new gun. there was no difference. im sure if i tried my new ram in my old gun it would make a difference
dukearodbw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 PM #44
Ketz

lo all
I would like to know how to disable the psp mode of the pimp kit...

ty for help =)
Ketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:18 PM #45
dukearodbw22

dukearodbw22 is a Supporting Member
go to the menu settings and then go to green-red flash. it should be the 2nd setting to adjust and depending on what setting you want push the dwell button down. uncapped ramping is in the middle and semi is all the way down.
dukearodbw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:38 PM #46
evil PDP

i just bought my pimp from a guy and it came without the bolt cover. i was wondering if u need the bolt cover or not?
PAINTBALL USED TO BE A GAME FOR FUN!!! NOW ITS A GAME TO SURVIVE!!!

If your one of the people that think this is bull**** and that smartparts should go to hell then put this in your sig
evil PDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:41 PM #47
evil PDP

yeah

If your one of the people that think this is bull**** and that smartparts should go to hell then put this in your sig
Old 08-12-2005, 09:41 PM #48
venom-the-hated

has been a member for 10 years
which bolt cover? do you mean the little black peice? you do not need it if thats what you are talking about
venom-the-hated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:05 PM #49
evil PDP

venom-the-hated

yeah

Old 09-13-2005, 05:15 PM #50
haywoodjublomi
garden gnome of bpp

haywoodjublomi is a Supporting Member
Having trouble with air leaking down the barrel? This is for you!

Alright, first here is where you can buy the valve pin. The valve pin is what causes your leak. It's at the bottom of the page.
http://bosspaintballproducts.com/PIMP%20PARTS.htm

Now here's the step by step instructions with pictures (sorry they are a little dark, but you get the point) !

First get your pimp if you don't already have it

Second, Take your lpr and unscrew it and it will look like this:

Ok, now when you take that off the back of the lpr is still attached to the marker so you will have to take a crescent wrench to the front of it. On the front there are two flats, however I can unscrew mine with my hands whatever works for you though.

Now that you have that off you will see a spring inside the gun with a black piece at the end of it which is your valve pin

Once you get the valve pin out (it's not too hard to get out, just shake your gun a little if it doesn't fall out at once) check for wear along the edges or see if any chunks are missing lol. Here is how it all should look kind of:

Now, once you replace the valve pin then you have to do the patented daveczrn bag trick on your lpr so it will be consistent. It's on the first page of the pimp FAQ
Evil OG for life

ಠ_ಠ
haywoodjublomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:11 PM #51
nsx11

PIMP question.. I Know about adjusting the bolt so that it does not break the detents I tried doing that but still the stock detents keeps gettin chopped!?!? anyone know a solution i just bought some $5 timmy detents and I don't wanna put them in until I know for sure the pimp won't break them.. please help :-/
nsx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 PM #52
haywoodjublomi
garden gnome of bpp

Well, there is always the shocktech detent mod that boss does. A+ but it's $75. I believe there was a thread a while back where a guy took the stock detents, poked a hole through the middle and put an o-ring through it. You might have better luck if you made a thread on this. There are lots of differnt things people do, I just forget all of them
Evil OG for life

ಠ_ಠ
Old 10-10-2005, 06:19 PM #53
stinky weasel

does the pimp need a new barrel or is the stock one good

Last edited by stinky weasel : 10-12-2005 at 07:13 PM.
stinky weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:02 PM #54
stinky weasel

did anyone hear anything about a revolution 3??? i heard its coming out in a few months

Last edited by stinky weasel : 10-12-2005 at 07:15 PM.
stinky weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 PM #55
spaceman2141

has been a member for 10 years
where evil ballers are

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/evilowners
Old 11-12-2005, 07:17 PM #56
haywoodjublomi
garden gnome of bpp

Replacing the trigger or microswitch

First you will need to take your entire grip frame off of the body of the gun and you can find out how to do that on the first page of the FAQ for the pimp. Now you should have the frame with the trigger and microswitch left. First you will see a copper piece with a spring below it, the easiest way to remove it is to find a small screw driver and pry it out, just be sure to not lose that spring under it. Now look on the left side of the frame if the trigger is facing away from you and you will see two very tiny screws toward the middle/top of the frame. Find an allen wrench that will fit those and take both of them out but I stress that you must be very very very careful with these, as they can strip out or break on you because they are so small. Once that is done pull the microswitch out of the gun and the trigger is the only thing left. Now look on the right side of the frame and you will see a pin that is holding the trigger in, find either a punch, small screw driver, allen wrench, or something of that nature and tap the pin out from the right. Now your trigger should come out of the top of the frame and you just replace it and repeat the steps backwards. Feel free to pm me if you need any help.

I should have pictures to help with this tomorrow or Monday.
Evil OG for life

ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-15-2005, 11:39 PM #57
pur3evil
moo

pur3evil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just throught I'd throw this in. The link to the Pimp manual on page 1 is no longer correct, since Evil has updated their website. The new link is:

http://www.evil-paintball.com/pimpmanual1.0.pdf

-Howard
pur3evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 PM #58
bm4n
the bm4n can

what is that gold colored metal mesh grate type thing between the detonator and the gun? part number/name? pics? thanks. mine has a hole in it. and im ticked.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:15 PM #59
pur3evil
moo

It's just a screen to keep debris out of the marker. Most people have removed them, and I do not believe Evil is even including them anymore for the reason you described. You may want to disassemble the marker and make sure the pieces of your screen are not stuck anywhere they shouldn't be.

I believe it's part #16 in this diagram, but I don't see an actual part #.

http://www.piranha-evil.com/detonator.htm
Old 11-21-2005, 11:18 PM #60
bm4n
the bm4n can

there is a bunch of debris under it, in the reg. how does it get there? you think i should take the risk to clean it out? also, its natural for those to break right, liek, its not the users fault? thanks.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:34 PM #61
pur3evil
moo

Does the debris look like pieces of clear rubber? If so, sounds like your seat seal blew out, and pieces of it took out the screen. Same thing happened to me. You can see my thread here - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1128949

You may want to start your own thread. I'm not sure all of this belongs in the FAQ.

Last edited by pur3evil : 11-21-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 PM #62
bm4n
the bm4n can

the debirs loks liek tiny little black pieces of plastic. they are sitting on the gold part inside the det.htere under that weird ring thing so it is hard to clean and wipe them out. im jstu asking all these qs cuz i still could return the gun to seller or try to send it to evil. but if i could do it myself and they arent major probs, i might as well do it myself and get to know the gun better.

thanks for the help! also, i was wondering, how are we supposed to lube up the reg when it says in the instructions that taking apart hte reg voids warrant?!? can they tell?

Last edited by bm4n : 11-21-2005 at 11:39 PM.
bm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:42 PM #63
pur3evil
moo

I was told by Evil / PMI tech on the phone to go ahead and disassemble it. As long as you don't do anything stupid, and use the correct tools, it shouldn't void your warranty. However, if you do screw something up, don't expect them to fix it for free. If you don't want to worry about it, call Evil and send it to them. Their turnaround is very fast, and it'll only cost you the price of shipping to them.