Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-12-2002, 08:37 AM #1
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

has been a member for 10 years
LP BD Cocking problem...details inside

This post is to act as a guide for others that run into similar problems going LP. I'm going to copy-paste what I posted in another thread.

Any help/input from you guys is also appreciated.

Quote:
I finally ran by my local Paintball shop and had them fill my tank so that I could play with my E-2 a bit (tweaking and whatnot). Well turns out I can't get the damn gun to work right!

First the gun wouldn't shoot at all; I would cock it, pull the trigger, but it would shoot as if no air was entering the gun. Woah, this is pretty strange I think. So, I start wondering and figure it has to be the regulator. I check the reg and it turns out that the set screw had fallen out *sigh*. Luckily, I stumbled upon it in my garage!

Then the gun was leaking air- a pretty signifcant amount at that. Once again, more reg problems. Once I tightened the screw tight enough, it stopped leaking.

Now it seems that my gun won't recock after each shot fired. Click, pop, doesn't cock. Try again, click, pop, doesn't cock. It's shooting (might be a really fast sputter, it's hard to tell), but it won't recock. So, I figure maybe it needs more pressure, so I tighten the reg screw as much as possible. Still nothing.

Grrr...I think...
Well, why don't I try different main spring combinations. I know it's not cocking, so since pressure shouldn't be an issue anymore (since the screw it all the way in), it has to be the main spring. I try the heaviest spring and the lightest spring. Adjusting the velocity adjuster from light to heavy as well on both spring; still no go. I really don't know what to do now. I guess I should try a different valve spring (even though I have the lightest one installed currently).

Any ideas? Advice?

Thanks.

Also when the Gladiator set screw was off, I noticed that this silver ball piece that is inside the set screw adjuster threads is all the way in the back? Is taht supposed to be all the way back there? Or is it supposed to move as you move the set screw?

Thanks
Techna Finger Job Style Trigger, CP Dust Black 12" Pro Barrel, CP Dust Black Twist Lock Feedneck, STD Industries Proto LPR, Orange SAM Proto bolt with Tophat Mod, Proto Low Pressure Bolt Rear Cap, Tadao M3 software, Hybrid Red Lady Grips, Black CP Black Razor Drop, Pure Energy 72ci 4500psi HP Peanut tank, Red Halo B with V35
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2002, 08:38 AM #2
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

Here's what I've found so far.
1) Dry firing your gun as a test to see whether your gun is properly functioning is a bad idea. Although the gun might not cycle while dry firing, it is very possible that it will cycle when you as up the marker and throw on a barrel and a hopper.
Tip: Gas up your marker, throw in some paint, and then fire it. Tweak your gun in this manner.
Techna Finger Job Style Trigger, CP Dust Black 12" Pro Barrel, CP Dust Black Twist Lock Feedneck, STD Industries Proto LPR, Orange SAM Proto bolt with Tophat Mod, Proto Low Pressure Bolt Rear Cap, Tadao M3 software, Hybrid Red Lady Grips, Black CP Black Razor Drop, Pure Energy 72ci 4500psi HP Peanut tank, Red Halo B with V35
Old 03-12-2002, 09:18 AM #3
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

Here's how to fix the Gladiator when the adjustment ball is stuck on the other side of the reg, per Macdev.

Quote:
Re-aligning the adjustment ball

de-pressurise your marker and remove the gladiator.

remove the bottom of the regulator by unscrewing in a counterclockwise motion. This should be possible using only your hand. If the regulator is very firm, then carefully use a wrench on the flats provided.

set aside the bottom of the regulator.

if you look up the regulator, you will see the brass piston, take a pair of long nosed pliers and remove it carefully. Take care not to scratch the surface of the piston (especially in the centre) because this may affect consistency. Remember which way the piston came out so that you can put it back in the same way (this is also very important for your consistency.

remove the spring and large ball bearing from the regulator. When you do this take care not to scratch the hole that leads up into the regulator - this is the piston bore and needs to be smooth and flawless to give a good o-ring seal.

screw the adjustment screw out of the regulator and remove the adjustment ball.

replace the large ball, spring and piston in the bottom of the regulator.

NOTE: check that the threads holding the two halves of the regulator together have a generous amount of thread lubricant applied before re-assembly! If there is not enough lubrication, your regulator may be impossible to get apart next time! Re-assemble the regulator.

using a q-tip, put a generous amount of grease around the threads of the adjustment hole before placing the small ball-bearing back into the hole. Now screw the adjustment screw down over the top - screw it down just enough that you can feel all of the parts touching.

screw the Gladiator into your ASA adaptor and test.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:57 PM #4
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

*Polished Internals, Oiled and checked all Orings*
Next step: Take apart Glad and fix velocity adjuster ball.