Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-11-2002, 11:50 PM #1
j00bacca
(^_^)

has been a member for 10 years
Question anit-syphon...

The anit-syphon is to eliminate liquid c02 from entering the marker if im not mistaken... Well if I was going to run a marker (specifically an impulse), I would need to order a on/off valve, and this anti-syphon thing. My question is where do I get this anit-syphon device, and from what I have heard it need professional istallation. So would it be cheaper just to buy air tank instead of converting making all these changes to make an imp run c02? Or should I just go out and buy a 68/4500 air tank? Im pritty sure the air will preform better than the c02, but the c02 might be alittle cheaper. Thats is another prolbem I have... I can buy the imp right now, I have a 16 and 12 oz co2 tank. The choice I have is buy the parts to make the c02 run good on the marker, or go out and buy the air. I think im gunna save up another pay check to buy air, unless someone can convince that my c02 will be cheaper and as efficient as air.

Thanks,
Greg
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2002, 11:24 AM #2
Black Ice 72
Banned

You will get more shots off with the co2 tank than something like a 68/3k (depending upon how hot/cold it is, too).

You will break more o-rings using co2 and wear the o-rings more.

During rapid-fire, the maxflow will get cold and eventually freeze.

You have to get anti-syphon tubes installed professionally.

On/off valves CAN break sometimes.

n2 tanks cost more than co2 tanks

n2 (the air itself) usually costs less than co2 (the air).

You don't have to worry about cold weather with n2.

I would suggest going with n2. You will have less of a hassle with it.

But, DON'T forget that if you don't have an on/off valve on the tank/reg then you have to put an extra oring IN the ASA (if you don't have a vertical maxflow).

If you want to know why just PM me.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:06 PM #3
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
Buy a Smart parts On/Off valve ($15) and an antisiphen tube ($5) and have your Proshop install it for you. You have to bring them the gun cause each asa/tank valve line up differently. The tube is bent upwards and the end of the tube is facing the top of your tank to pick up the CO2 gas, the liquid would remain on the bottom of the tank. I use both CO2 and Compressed air on my Impulse, depending on which is more available. CO2 will get you more shots especially on a warm day. But get the verticle reg on your Imp.
Old 03-14-2002, 03:07 AM #4
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
Pretty much agree with Black Ice 72 and Squattingdog.
The SP on/off is the best one for your CO2 tank but is expensive. It can help save your o-rings though.
Almost any antisiphon kit will do. They really aren't hard to install yourself but if you've never done it before it's better to have your local pro sho do it for you. Sometimes if you buy the antisiphon from the pro shop they'll install it for free.
Keep in mind that the antisiphon will only work best in one position. It's best if the proshop has your gun so they can mount it properly for whatever setup you currently have. If you have it mounted elsewhere and it doesn't quite match your setup (normally, the up position on a tank with an antisiphon is marked with an X on the valve) then Lapco sells an adaptor that you can use to orient the tank correctly on any gun. If you're using a remote setup you shouldn't use an antisiphon.
I believe the Imp is made to run on CO2 like the Shocker so you can screw a CO2 tank right on it if you want. The MaxFlo is designed to run on CO2 so you won't damage your gun. There is a chance of your gun getting very cold if you fire fast. Another alternative to an antisiphon is an angled drop which helps to keep the liquid CO2 closer to the bottom of the tank. An antisiphon is a better choice but even that won't keep liquid CO2 out if you tilt you gun in odd positions to shoot.
In general, HPA is a better gas to use than CO2. It's more consistent, not as temperature dependent and cleaner. You will get more shots off a CO2 tank of equivalent size and CO2 tanks are cheaper but sometimes CO2 fills will cost you more than air fills. Screw-in HPA tanks are relatively inexpensive and range from $100-150 for steel and $200-250 for fiber. Top end adjustable HPA tanks can run you around $500 but you can get very nice ones from $350 and up. You'll need to be aware of the hydro date on HPA tanks since they cost so much to buy. Best wishes

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article
Old 03-16-2002, 02:58 PM #5
Steve
Hockey Pirate

Steve is a founding member
Hey,
I have an extra 20 oz anti-syphon Co2 tank for sale that I use to use on my Impulse until I got N2, It's in great condition and the anti-syphon tube was installed by a pro airsmith, e-mail me if your interested I'll sell it to you really cheap...

Here's my e-mail : Steve.William@excite.com
Old 03-16-2002, 06:16 PM #6
Black Ice 72
Banned

Steve, but he would have to make sure the tube would be aligned correctly with his gun...
Old 03-16-2002, 10:39 PM #7
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Yes he would have to.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:35 AM #8
Steve
Hockey Pirate

Steve is a founding member
Yeah, but mine is aligned with my impulse, and he is getting an impulse, so that wouldn't be a problem would it?

Cya!
Steve
Old 03-18-2002, 10:21 PM #9
joe85

yes it would be a problem, all threads are different

but all you have to do is this: take the whole valve assembly off, and bend the anti siphon hose down, its not hard, just screw the tank on your gun, and make a mark at the top of the tank on the valve, when you take it off, just bend the tube the opposite way

more detailed description:-- http://store.yahoo.com/pbstar/leakbotnec.html[/url]

joe
Old 03-18-2002, 10:31 PM #10
j00bacca
(^_^)

hey thanks for all your replies. I am ordering my imp friday when I get my paycheck, and Im going to get an air tank and sell my spyder with the tanks to a my friend so he can play. I just have one more question. With air, do you need an on off valve like with c02? Or do the air systems come with an on off valve.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-18-2002, 10:34 PM #11
joe85

they dont come with on offs, and this can be trouble with the maxflos, some of them are stubborn
Old 03-18-2002, 10:38 PM #12
j00bacca
(^_^)

joe85

mine will come with vertical maxflo, does that mean it has an on off on it? I can unscrew my tanks of c02 without hurting myself, but I have no idea what air would do if I just unscrewed it... I just want to make sure how I can take off an air tank without injuring myself or my marker.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:42 PM #13
joe85

vert max flo, nice stuff, i wish i had one of those, anyway, youll have no problem with the tank then, the bottom max flos are screwed up sometimes. anyway to take off nitro, just unscrew it and shoot out the air like co2, or just turn off the impulse with the switch by the trigger

joe
Old 03-18-2002, 10:43 PM #14
j00bacca
(^_^)

thank you joe .
Old 03-20-2002, 06:23 AM #15
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
I got a Drop Foward with an On/Off valve and it works great on my Imp.