Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2002, 02:06 PM #22
Reklats

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPopTart
If your sothern, that dosen't officially make you redneck.
You're correct. However, you identified yourself as southern in a conversation where it didn't matter, just to mention the fact that you're southern. That DOES officially qualify you for redneckness.
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2002, 03:36 PM #23
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
No I didn't identify myself as southern just for throwing that into the conversation.
I used southern to to highlight that refs from my region don't like little punks to shoot them. Since you seem to think that its funny call call people from Florida rednecks, you must think your pretty smart. Would you like for me to send some southeastern region players to come tell you about how their not rednecks and how childish you are? don't make assumtions or you will get burned
Old 04-02-2002, 04:48 PM #24
Mk_06

Arrow

dont worry about it evil, its easy for ppl to talk **** over the net. u no you'd never see somebody like that go up to some rednecks and talk **** about um.

www.myke.freehosting.net
Old 04-02-2002, 05:02 PM #25
Reklats

People from florida wouldn't refer to themselves as "we southerners", and if they did, it wouldn't be for no reason. Therefore, they aren't rednecks/hicks whatever.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:09 PM #26
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
Originally posted by Reklats
People from florida wouldn't refer to themselves as "we southerners", and if they did, it wouldn't be for no reason. Therefore, they aren't rednecks/hicks whatever.
i already explained why i used southerner so you must be either illiterate or ignorant. its children like you who need adult supervision before they go on the internet. when you mess with people in the real world, mommy and daddy won't be there to protect you. just drop it because your wrong and you don't seem to be able to interact well with others.

as for mike...

i'm not a redneck and yeah, no one would talk like this in the real world.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:16 PM #27
Reklats

Sorry, I forgot the word "good". So to fix my other statement:

People from florida wouldn't refer to themselves as "we southerners", and if they did, it wouldn't be for no good reason.

You arbitrarily declared yourself a southerner.

The internet does conceal a lot. I'm sure that if you talked like this at a field the internet couldn't protect your 98lb *** like its doing now. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:21 PM #28
pHiBeR_OpTiK_11
are you my dad?

pHiBeR_OpTiK_11 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by Reklats

The internet does conceal a lot. I'm sure that if you talked like this at a field the internet couldn't protect your 98lb *** like its doing now. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself.
you just contradicted yourself
www.cmpmilwaukee.com
www.neutralground.tv
Old 04-02-2002, 05:34 PM #29
Reklats

How?
Old 04-02-2002, 05:44 PM #30
pHiBeR_OpTiK_11
are you my dad?

you were talking about how the internet conceals a lot and blah blah blah then you say he must be some 98 lb pimpsqueek but yet you can handle yourself... meaning that you could be the 98 lb pimpsqueek because the net can conceal you
www.cmpmilwaukee.com
www.neutralground.tv
Old 04-02-2002, 06:24 PM #31
Reklats

Ok, I blended my thoughts together a little. When I said that I'm capable of taking care of myself, I meant that in real life, I'm capable of taking all redneck challengers.

Unless they have guns, which is why I don't start fights like this in real life. I could kick the crap out of 99.9% of the rednecks out there, but it's the wimpy one with a gun that gets you.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:25 PM #32
pHiBeR_OpTiK_11
are you my dad?

i see.. sorry for the misconception... but what about zeke.. the town wrasslin champion? are you sure you could take him?
www.cmpmilwaukee.com
www.neutralground.tv
Old 04-02-2002, 07:18 PM #33
TWOK2LCDCNC

TWOK2LCDCNC owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
my two cents.

first off, evilpoptart, I'm gonna try to look at things fair here... I see your point on reffing at the 50 laying down, I have seen this several times, and I see the advantages of this on a spacious outdoor field... but I have also seen the field reklats refs at... if you lie at the 50 you will get laned at 12+bps off the break, then trampled on and repeatedly shot. I don't know what kind of backyard hilbilly field you ref at that you're afraid of 4bps coming at you, but if someone with a real paintball gun actually shot at you you'd be wishing you had a sheild in front of you, Mr. Weekend Warrior, sir.
Furthermore, I have read through this whole post and you have clearly and proudly identified yourself as a redneck, then denied it. talk about contradiction. You think making assumptions (like you are a redneck) is bad? you made the assumption that the field he refs at was the same as yours, and you made the assumption he knew nothing he was talking about. you got flamed and you deserved it. take it like a man... or are you too much of a "girly man"?
are you serious you paintcheck someone by having them "show you the area in question"?!?! ok, say you're reffing a tournament level team, a dude gets hit in the hopper, and his opponet calls a paintcheck on him after he continues to fire. you say, "show me your area in question!" from the sidelines because you're afraid to take 4bps... shoulda had your shield on you... The guy says, "check my mask"... so you declare him as clean, and he gets to play on with his hopper hit. I would never want to play at a field with that low of quality reffing, which brings me back to the original subject of this post!
Get some sleds from the store, some cheap storm door handles from the hardware store, and some rope. drill holes and bolt the handles to the sled, then drill holes and run the rope thru the holes and tie them in knots on the opposite side. they are very durable, cost effective, and actually really comfortable, as opposed to those huge heavy overpriced uncomfortable JT shields. I wouldn't even really call it "ghetto", seeing as how it's better than anything else.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:46 PM #34
Plastic_Merc_39
All Your Base

I bet reklats is some 10year old kid who take it up the butt from his REDNECK dad and this gay pansy also doesnt no how to ref i freaking run around on hyper ball fields withour shields and come mighty close to actually being in the bunkers with so called real players with high end guns and sometimes i do get hit but so what if you get hit while standing right next to some kid in a bunker it your job do it and dont whine about it it stings for about half a second or less and its over!!!!!!!!!So for no punctuation i said that all in one breath...No im alsonot a redneck and believe me a redneck would come in here wanting to beat your @$$ and admitt he's a redneck then he would prolly threaten to run you over with his truck....Have a nice day...
Old 04-02-2002, 09:20 PM #35
cdog5760

I also ref at the field that reklats does. to say that you do not need the shield is ridiculous. we do ref tournament teams, and all of the players have high end guns. if we did not have the shield, we'd have marks from head to toe from just doing our jobs. when you are trying to do a thorough paintcheck, and you have some back guy still shooting his angel 14bps at their opponent, youd be damn happy that you have a shield too.

when your reffing outdoors or at a large field, you may not need the shields as much, but in this case you really do

oh... btw you sound like a hick to me

ebay feedback
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jsee57
Old 04-02-2002, 09:33 PM #36
redcellpb
retiring again...

dammit

What the #ell is it with people. Friggin people get behind a keyboard and they think they're the friggin king of the world. Grow some nuts. As for Mikey or whoever you are, why the #ell did you get in this conversation. It didn't involve you. Yes I do believe that I ref should, if he's doing his job correctly, get hit while working. My god, you people go on and on about an issue that doesn't even matter. This is wayy off topic. Who cares what you use and if you get hit. Hell, if i knew who you two were, I'd give you both boxing gloves and let you beat the crap out of each other to make your point, that way we could figure out who the 98 lb. pipsqueke is.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:27 PM #37
lord_xud

I, too, ref at Reklats's field. No, the shields aren't really necessary. But they're nice. You want to know why? Because getting shot sucks. And its not the experienced players I'm so much worried about. Its the 5 v 5 crowd of rental players who blind fire. And even with experienced players, who at least aim at something when they shoot their guns, paintballs bounce off of bunkers at weird angles and you get hit. No, I'm not a girly man. But if I can avoid pain, true to my natural self-preservation instinct and fulfilling the pleasure principle, then I will try and avoid getting hit.

There's one other important fact to consider here. This thread was asking how to make ref shields. Not whether someone felt that shields are necessary or not. If you don't want to use a shield, don't. If you don't want to tell others how to make a shield, don't. And for the love of God don't come into people's legitimate threads saying that the whole basis of the thread makes you a wuss. Geez. Find some other post, or better yet, other forum, to flame on.

And I mean, come on, you don't seriously bring a gassed, loaded gun onto the field with you when you ref, do you? Man, how bushleague. Why not take your hits (like a man) and then kick repeat offenders off of your field? I have a feeling that it will certainly result in less fights between the refs and the players. And I mean, let's be realistic, the refs are the law, the fight-enders, not the fight starters. Do you want to be going out and calling the police to come and arrest the unruly guy who won't stop shooting? Show some class.
Black eclipse hinge
Old 04-03-2002, 01:00 PM #38
Hammer1
Planet MW Service Center

OK, I have a simple question...What the #ell does any of this have to do with the simple question that started this thread?? The poor guy just wanted suggestions on making a shield!! Is that such a contrivercial subject that we have to get down into the mud and duke it out???
I personally don't use a shield and do ref from the standing position and laying down depending on the area of the field I am responsible to call! But does that have any bearing on how anyone else does the job...NO! You do what works for you and most importantly what gets the job done!!! If using a shield works for you and you do a good job with it, don't let ANYONE give you crap for it...PERIOD!!

Hammer

HAMMERTIMEPAINTBALL.COM
Old 04-03-2002, 06:29 PM #39
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Sorry guys. We had a big misunderstanding... let me be more clear. I ref at a "recreational" speedball field. (i though weekend warrior said enought) This i hope explains why i can lie down at the 50, why there is 4 bps comin at me, and why my field is shorthanded.

In no way did i say i ref the same kind of field that reklats does. We happen to have the same type of bunkers.

No, i do not take a loaded marker out onto the field. I take one with me to the place where i play and i leave it at the staging area.

I'm not a redneck so would you please just completly drop that. I have 7 different people flaming me and its making me feel bad. never did i say i was a redneck and i hope to never become a redneck. I do believe that redneck goes under the racial slur catagory. (i think it really does but i need to check)

As plastic merc said, a "redneck would come in here wanting to beat your @$$ and admitt he's a redneck then he would prolly threaten to run you over with his truck." Did i threaten anyone? I'm too damn poor to have a vehicle. I have issues enough financing my paintball hobby with my job.

No reklats, i don't randomly start fights either. I am a natural pacifcist and i really don't like to get in scuffles.

And finally, i answered the post's question. So GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT!
Old 04-03-2002, 07:22 PM #40
pHiBeR_OpTiK_11
are you my dad?

i do it at five man tournies and im fine...
www.cmpmilwaukee.com
www.neutralground.tv
Old 04-05-2002, 09:53 AM #41
DaHick
STO SNIPA

Its funny how people don't insult rednecks and hicks in person. Maybe its the NRA sticker on the middle of the windshield? Don't talk smack on the internet. I wouldn't assume that southern nessicarily means redneck either. Some of the largest populated area's (not all rual) are in the south.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:49 PM #42
Zorminster
~In search of local Team~

Pop tart your my hero! ;P

He's exactly right, us rednecks do carry large guns... Yes, 1 out of 5 cars on the road around here is an old chevy s10 with a gun rack in the back window; usually got a 12 gauge and a 22 or sumtin... oh and yes, if that isnt enough most of us has .38 specials under our driver side seats.

To the next thing, were some of the nicest people on earth... until you piss us off.
3 rules--
1) Dont touch my woman
2) Dont touch my dog
3) DO NOT! TOUCH MY TRUCK!

you break any and youve got **** to pay

that said, everyone isnt a hick or redneck and if we are; who cares?! we all breath the same as you, we all have the same basic look as you (2 arm, 2 legs, 2 eyes etc). we arent a da@# bit different except we are skilled marksmen (self excluded) and love the woods. You damn city folk would die if you came to the country the air is so much cleaner. If you ever saw a stream youd be like, "What the #$% is that, let me break out my laptop and get on my wireless internat yada yada yada"

Your so friggin stereotypical its stupid. Whats the point in living if you dont give anyone a chance or you judge everyone before even talking to them and finding out who they really are.