Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2015, 12:51 PM #1
samuelkeesee12

Bolt sleeve mod ?

I was recently thinking back to a discussion we had on here (I think it was involving the arb mod) about the venturie affect and how it pertains to air flow and air pressure. I know if you funnel air with force behind it when it comes out of the small end of the funnel it will have more pressure than the pressure it had going in. My question is would this work on the middle air holes in the bolt sleeve? If you made all those little vent holes in the middle of the bolt sleeve funnel-shaped would it amplify the air pressure going to the back of the bolt? If so it seems like it might help fsdo and allow a person to drop operating pressure because the bolt would be getting pushed forward with greater force.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2015, 01:35 PM #2
tacxplosion

tacxplosion has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tacxplosion supports Ninja Paintball
No, it'll have the same pressure as it had going in; it'll have less pressure inside the choke point but more speed.

With funnel shaped ports you'd just be choking flow for shiggles.

What shockers really need is a faster way to vent the air in the front part of the bolt sleeve.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:18 PM #3
samuelkeesee12

Are you talking about the air holding the bolt back? If so then thats what the vented solenoid mod does.
Also, wouldn't speeding up the air in the choke point still help move the bolt forward somewhat?
Old 12-30-2015, 10:47 PM #4
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelkeesee12 View Post
Are you talking about the air holding the bolt back? If so then thats what the vented solenoid mod does.
Exactly.

Quote:
Also, wouldn't speeding up the air in the choke point still help move the bolt forward somewhat?
No, because the force driving the bolt forward (or back) is a function of pressure, not speed and the choke point ends before the air is vented onto the bolt sail.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:30 AM #5
samuelkeesee12

I think I understand but if that is the case then wouldn't the venturie affect from a bolt have no real affect on a ball?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:09 AM #6
tacxplosion

Quote:
I think I understand but if that is the case then wouldn't the venturie affect from a bolt have no real affect on a ball?
Exactly, they don't (other than spreading the pulse of air into various jets), venturi bolts are not true venturi, they're more of a flow restricted bolt (which may quiet down the sound signature by virtue of leeching energy from said pulse). Although they may make up for it a little by preventing pre-expansion of the gas; that said, a "venturi" bolt will gain you nothing against a properly dimensioned open face bolt.