Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-23-2004, 10:20 PM #1
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

jdubau55 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
all you 2k2 e-force owners: interested in carbon fiber triggers??

i just took my trig out of my 2k2 e-force and was wondering if there were any 2k2 eforce users that might be interested in some cf triggers made for them. it would be on a hand made basis but that would allow you to send me the design for the trigger, IE a sling blade razzor blade etc. i am in the proccess of drawing the trigger up in Inventor as a solid model. post your comments here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2004, 10:46 PM #2
shogun21
Viva La Nation

oh you know im down biatches, i gave u the idea =P
Old 05-23-2004, 11:05 PM #3
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

well heres shoguns fav, this is my first example of what the look could be. this is a swoop blade trigger. which my good friend shogun here says is the most ergonomical trigger style for walking. enjoy and give thoughts:

Old 05-23-2004, 11:11 PM #4
Raziel1312

How much would you be selling them for?
Boss Bolt
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
Purple Revvy :p
Running nitro
Old 05-23-2004, 11:35 PM #5
shogun21
Viva La Nation

its not gonna be dirt cheap, carbon fiber's expensive stuff, but this will be hands down the greatest trigger you'll ever use. there's also a 2k3 style in the works for all you little evo kids
Old 05-24-2004, 01:36 AM #6
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

price isnt set yet but anywhere from 25-35 + shipping. i will begin work on a prototype soon and try it out and if it works well i will start taking some pre-orders. like i said you could send me a design you like and ill custom make it for your 2k2 or 2k3 trigger frame. these wont have brass bushings like higher end techno triggers mainly do to the size of the trigger pin hole and its location. still looking to see if there is an interest in a carbon fiber made to your liking trigger.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:43 AM #7
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

someone requested a DM4 type trigger. likes like the stock 2k2 to me but hey......

Old 05-24-2004, 01:35 PM #8
22benjamin22
^^Total Noob^^

Are you talking about carbon fiber weave (i.e. pressed layers that you cut to shape)? Or, is this carbon fiber impregnated resin like from a mold? The issue I'd have with the first is that the cut surface would be where your finger would be resting. After cutting, sanding and sealing a CF edge, it can still fray. Those CF strands are not only very painful, but also carcinogenic and can be tough to remove and quick to get infected. The molded CF Trigger wouldn't have thos problems

I have some experience with this in R/C and I don't think this would be a good idea to sell for the liability reasons.

I do think it'd look badass though from the side.
My Trader feedback
Old 05-24-2004, 01:37 PM #9
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

the plan was pre formed sheets cut to shape then re sealed. so your saying even after cut and sanded to the right size and shape and then putting another layer of epoxy over the whole thing to seal it it is still possible to have loose strands????
Old 05-24-2004, 03:12 PM #10
22benjamin22
^^Total Noob^^

I'm not sure how you'd be able to epoxy a layer over the whole thing. The cut edge, even after sanding can and will fray. It will start at the edge and fray inward.

The best way to seal the edge is with CA (R/C superglue), then if you can get an even coat of Epoxy resin over the whole thing, (both sides and all edges), then it should be OK. When these sheets are made, a layer of CF is laid down, resin is poured over it and it's spread out and rolled to remove the air bubbles. More layers are added using the same technique. This ensures clean fray-free edges. Depending on the sheets, they may be oriented in different directions or vacuum/heat cured to change the strength properties

I think you could do this for yourself and friends without any issues, but if you sell them your asking for trouble. All someone would have to do is get a CF splinter and have it get infected for you to be in big trouble.
My Trader feedback
Old 05-24-2004, 07:37 PM #11
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

hmmm im wondering how techna sells theres without worry from the fraying. the idea just arose last night it seems and im really stil seeing myself the cost for these. im sure you could seal it up fairly easily. i have access to some pretty extensive machines. ill talk to ol' eric tonight and we can talk through some details of what nots. no one has still said whther they would be interested in them for their e-force frame.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:47 PM #12
joeyk803c
Banned

I am interested. I can pull up a pic of what I want it to look like.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:17 AM #13
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

K
Old 05-25-2004, 03:17 PM #14
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

put a pic to what you would like to see. also any interest in delrin triggers or lexan plastic. the delrin could be white or black and the lexan could be in all sorts of colors.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:25 PM #15
Red Eye
Custom Knife Maker

Well...I've been silent on this one Jdub, but here's what I would like to see.
An aftermarket trigger for the 2k3/2k4/EVO frame from magnesium perhaps?
I would like to see what a magnesium trigger shaped just like the omen's would perform like on my fish.
I've shot a few omens and the trigger design is actually quite nice.
It's also a very easy design for me to walk.
Any chance something like this can be done?
Or are you not attempting any kind of metal triggers?
Carbon fiber isnt really my flavor.
I am looking for a trigger that is very responsive, at least 2 way adjustable, and can be easily walked.
What do you think?
Old 05-25-2004, 03:48 PM #16
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

just ordered some lexan. will have multiple translucent colors available.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:52 PM #17
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

red eye, magnesium is very nasty to machine. i could easily have a shop produce them but the cost would be unreal. im sure the omen trigs are forged and not machined. magnesium has a low flash point and when it catches fire its one of the worst fires. it burns so hot that water will evaporate before it puts the fire out. i just ordered some clear lexan that i am gonna be making some out of. i can dye the lexan to suit. i think a blue translucent trigger on the evo would look mighty damn nice. the 2k2 triggs are ready to go. i have yet to draw up a 2k3 trigger. it should be available within a week though.

i can do the moen triggers design or do a custom one. you can PM some style you like or even a drawing of what you'd like to see and ill pump out some protos for you.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:04 PM #18
22benjamin22
^^Total Noob^^

mmmmm magnesium fires... One of my favorite things about the riding/camping in the dunes: inevitably someone would light up a Mag VW block. From 300 yards it would still make you see spots if you looked at it.
My Trader feedback
Old 05-25-2004, 05:46 PM #19
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

crazy stuff. materials are on the way. designs are being brainstormed.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:17 PM #20
jaredm

make it like the check it stick trigger those are really nice
Old 05-25-2004, 06:33 PM #21
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

the point to me making them is they will be on a you order basis. you order it i make it the way you want it. the color you want it. until i start doing carbon fiber ones. then you can leave it raw cf or i will dip it in a certain color epoxy for you. so if you want it like the check it stick trigger thats how you'll get it.