PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-08-2004, 04:00 PM #1
joef

has been a member for 10 years
trigger Frames???

I am going to buy my younger son an EVO soon and I like everything i hear about them but I am having a hard time getting past the black plastic looking trigger frame. We already have an Impy which has plenty of choices for upgrades including trigger frames. I have been searching but cannot seem to find any aftermarket trigger frames for EVO's, only aftermarket triggers. Please tell me that the trigger frame can be replaced? BTW, I was told buy the Atomix guys that they are not made of plastic, but some kind of carbon composite. So they may appear ugly but they are very strong.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2004, 04:12 PM #2
mtbrdude
**** Smart Parts

mtbrdude donated to help Peyton Trent
they are very strong...i acn vouch for that. sadly, there are no replacements for the evo because of the EYE system.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:01 PM #3
ICANSEEYOU7687

well technically...if you got a morlock board in a trigger frame, and made it fit ur piranha (i dunno custom machine job) you could make urself a trigger frame, but thatd probably run you abot 400$ haha

but, yea its one of my pet peeves to, they do look cheap, but they perform just the other way around. They perform great, and they feel great, I mean they dont have any dye stickies, but ur hands do fit them nicely, or my hands anywayz...

But heres what Im going to do, im going to get a timmy converstion done (intimidator). Im going to change my blowback to an electro-pneunamic (sp?) and a guy named zoki is doing it, and giving it an intimidator trigger frame, which will be cool. but thats only if you wanna upgrade this thing with everything u possible can find like me, lol
Old 10-09-2004, 04:46 PM #4
psymon stark
aggressive napkin

psymon stark is a Supporting Member
it's durable. It's lighter than my friends imp.
lehigh valley paintball
Old 10-09-2004, 09:41 PM #5
britt89

britt89 is a Supporting Member
britt89 plays in the APPA beginner division
I have an eforce trigger frame which is made of the same thing as the evo frame and have never had problems with strength, its actually very strong and durable stuff....not a single scratch in the frame in like over 6 months if that tells ya anything. In my opinion, and in many others for that matter the boss blade trigger is a very good upgrade for the EVO and eforce frames- easier to walk and much more comfortable.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:44 AM #6
joef

Quote:
Originally posted by ICANSEEYOU7687
But heres what Im going to do, im going to get a timmy converstion done (intimidator). Im going to change my blowback to an electro-pneunamic (sp?) and a guy named zoki is doing it, and giving it an intimidator trigger frame, which will be cool. but thats only if you wanna upgrade this thing with everything u possible can find like me, lol

Can you elaborate on this? I am not sure what you mean by a conversion. Does this involve a different body all togther?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:48 PM #7
ICANSEEYOU7687

haha actually, the only thing thats gonna stay the same is my bolt and body, lol

its kinda like this...
http://dragunempire.com/products_detail.php?id=50
(except dragun stopped making them) so people took it into their own hands, machining their own triggers and stuff, and this one guys it making everything with A+ quality parts, so im very interested in how thats gonna come out.

But you see the hoses comming out of the trigger? so the gas is controled by a 3 way solenoid which mechancily controls the air flow, and the the piranhas you use, and spyders etc...are blowbacks...this is kinda like a blow foward, its like always cocked...im not exactly sure...

but you know the pimp kit markers made by evil? those are electro-pneumatic, which is what this turns your gun into....

but you could always just get T1 (the one, by dragun) but i have this urge to pimp out my piranha cause everyone always looks down on them, I MUST MAKE A STATEMENT! lol