PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-07-2004, 06:58 PM #1
RandyRic

has been a member for 10 years
SRT Chopping

So I've had a problem with chopping with my e-froce srt and I think I may know the problem but I want to see what you guys think. I think the problem may be that my balls aren't going all the way down into the "chamber" and when i shoot the bolt chops the paint. I think this because when I tried loading the balls one by one the balls would kind of get stuck in the feedneck. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2004, 07:22 PM #2
mellorello
Banned

hmmm probably big paint or old warped paint.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:25 PM #3
RandyRic

im usin brand new marbs and they work perfect with my tl plus
Old 10-08-2004, 12:05 AM #4
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re help

Look down your feed neck and see if the detent is still there and not bent to eather side of the feed neck.Marbs are very small paint and may be rolling past the detent.the chop your seeing may be a two ball in the breach at the same time.The other thingthat will cause it is to have your volicity adjuster cranked all the way in or your using the red spring witch will cause the marker bolt to slap the paint hard.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:17 AM #5
BBTballer2004

is that the piranha with the changible feed necks im not sure but my friend had one and that was all it did it is just a strait pipe down like it doesn't taper off or nothin so they don't fall good
Piranha E-force, ST super fly, ST asa,ST #2 Drop, Clear Egg 2
CTS
Selling or trading a Black to Yellow fade Ironmen Intimidator
Old 10-08-2004, 08:18 AM #6
BBTballer2004

try an evolution 2 hopper or halo to force feed them in there
Piranha E-force, ST super fly, ST asa,ST #2 Drop, Clear Egg 2
CTS
Selling or trading a Black to Yellow fade Ironmen Intimidator
Old 10-08-2004, 10:11 PM #7
ICANSEEYOU7687

yea ive noticed that 2, the ball cant go all the way down the feedneck sometimes, it just barely gets stuck there, something like an evolution II would fix it...or do wut I did and get a clamping feedneck...i love that thing, haha
Old 10-09-2004, 09:55 AM #8
RandyRic

I am using an evolution II hopper and actually the gun worked pretty well yesterday when i played. I did have a few jams but i just had to pull the bolt back to get it unjammed. One other problem i had though was that it sounded like the gun was firing twice and a few times it actually did shoot two balls. Could that be because the marbalizers are so small?
Old 10-09-2004, 10:37 AM #9
mtbrdude
**** Smart Parts

mtbrdude donated to help Peyton Trent
it might be that ur ball detent is worn down or broken right off. check that.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:48 AM #10
RandyRic

I just checked the detent and it looks alright
Old 10-09-2004, 05:48 PM #11
plushdragon

re

randy if your running c02 those times you saw two balls comming out of your marker was a c02 burp and the gun did fire two balls.the srt does not have anything that will expand c02 before it get to the vavle.you need to anti siphon your tank.but before you do this to see if it is c02 problem i would at your local field rent a hpa tank for the day and see how the gun runs.other problem that looks like a c02 burp is people up the red spring into there markers with out triming it a bit.the red sping can slam the bolt/hammer so fast that it can cause the sear sometime not to catch.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:34 PM #12
RandyRic

I wanted to take the detent out to check it but the wrench that came with the gun wasn't the right size. What size do I need? Dragon- I would rent hpa but there aren't any fields too close to where I live, we mostly play woods ball. Do I need to bring my tank somewhere to get it anti siphoned or can I do that myself?
Old 10-10-2004, 06:32 PM #13
dbleug22990

DO NOT DO IT BY YOURSELF AT AL THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS, HAVE AN AIRSMITH DO IT OR YOUR LOCAL PB SHOP! sry bout caps just had to get the point across lol
OFFICIAL DBLEUG22990 FANCLUB MEMBER #1
OLD Feedback
Old 10-10-2004, 07:19 PM #14
plushdragon

re

on hex keys go to walmrt and pick up a set of them in the automotive section of the store they will run you 3-10 depending on what on sale.the hex keys you want us standard keys not metric one.if you have the right tools and thread lock you can put the tube in your self but the pre poster is right there have been two deaths last year do to c02 tanks turning into flying missles.To the poster above also people a now being forced to do there own installs as less and less pb shops will install anti siphon tubes.if there no shop close buy the one thing you can do is buy a new tank with the tube already installed.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:10 AM #15
RandyRic

About the wrenches, I did find some at my house and that's all done. My local True Value store has a small paintball section in it so I'll find out if they can do anti siphon tubes there.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:55 PM #16
RandyRic

I'm thinking about getting some bigger paint to see if that stops the double feeding but the marbs work perfect with my barrel. Anyone know of a paint bigger than marbs but will still work good in a smart parts all american.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:06 PM #17
mtbrdude
**** Smart Parts

mtbrdude donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyRic
I wanted to take the detent out to check it but the wrench that came with the gun wasn't the right size. What size do I need? Dragon- I would rent hpa but there aren't any fields too close to where I live, we mostly play woods ball. Do I need to bring my tank somewhere to get it anti siphoned or can I do that myself?
does that mean u still havent checked the detent? try putting a new one in and using the same paint you normally use. sometimes only the very tip of the detent will break off and it wont look old or broken, even thought it is.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:48 PM #18
RandyRic

By the way, I had also had relatively low velocity. I was using the blue spring and a full co2 tank but I heard that gold cup oil swells the o rings on the bolt. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:56 PM #19
AndyW
BangBus

I don't know what gold cup oil is, but you should get some PB gun oil made for PB guns. Clean the gun after each outing is good as well as oiling each oil ring with a drop and 3-4 in the bottom line and dry firing a 10 or so times. If that doesn't fix it, I would look into a Boss bolt and evil valve, those fixed my velocity problem.

-Andy
Drop w/ Check-It Unimount| Evil Pipe 12"|
PMI PE 68ci/4500psi| Richo Apache
B/S/T Feedback
Old 10-13-2004, 04:03 PM #20
RandyRic

Gold cup is a paintball oil but i'm gonna be playing this weekend so i'll see if I still have the velocity problem.