this poll was an accident? 2 28.57%
or have i gone nuts? 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-07-2002, 08:21 PM #1
Azura69

has been a member for 10 years
pistols

my friend (he is computer illiterat so i am doing this.) wants to play with 2 pistols.

what are the best paintball pistols?
are there any that use 12Oz co2 tanks instead of 12 gram ones?
the plan is to have 2 12Oz tanks and remotes for each guns with 45 ball hoppers. if no pistols run on 12oz tanks then say what are the best ones that run on the little 12 gram ones.

we play outlaw so it is allowed. would a field/tournment ever allow this? cause he has an RAS intuder that he is thinking about selling, but if not legal anywhere he will keep it.

i know it is a bit of a wierd plan but he is like that, so please dont post just to flame his plan.

P.S. i am buying a 98 custom.

Last edited by Azura69 : 03-07-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:29 AM #2
Black Ice 72
Banned

Try PT Extremes. I don't think I have ever heard of people exclusively using pistols in a game, but bien. I am pretty confident that they use 9 gram cartriges. These things are SMALL so they should fit your "pistol" criteria.

IMO when a gun is powered by something besides cartriges (such as a 12 oz tank in this case) I think it leaves the pistol criteria and moves into a small gun rather than a pistol

Hope this helps.,

Thanks,
Alec
Old 03-08-2002, 11:56 AM #3
Makestro
Banned

ony way icouldsee u hooking up any kinda tank is with a remote... u might be able to rig something up with the EXTREM but probely not with the pro :|

the pistols are bigger anheavier then 1 would think.... make sure ur friend know this
Old 03-08-2002, 01:38 PM #4
Bob_Cock
I bent my wookie

According to the advertising, PT Extremes offer bottomline setups.
Personally, i wouldn't go near them.
All in all, they don't seem to be very well made. Plus, the performance isn't too good.

I'd go with a PGP, you have to pump them everytime you want to take a shot, but they're built to last. They'll be kicking around long after your death. They're pretty cheap too. Great performance too.

If you have the cash, i've seen a few airsmith's that offer CA setups for them. Seen some semi auto versions as well.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:14 PM #5
Black Ice 72
Banned

Pt Extremes are an absolute NIGHTMARE. My friend's little brother got on a month ago. The DAY that he got it, he went to gas it up and it was leaking. He brought it over to my house. A little tinkering here, a little replacing an o-ring there, and viola, it was fixed.

He goes home and then comes back 2 hours later. He was playing and out of nowhere the co2 cartrige popped out and smacked him in the chest. I attempted to fix it, but a part had fallen out somewhere in the woods.

We sent the hell hole back to the place where he bought it.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:34 PM #6
Makestro
Banned

i know some1with the pro.... its really nice andaccurate... i dunno how many probs hes had but it works good.... i wanted 1 but i need no damn side arms :|
Old 03-09-2002, 10:56 PM #7
Bob_Cock
I bent my wookie

I know 5 guys that went out and bought a PTExtreme all at once. One guy had that metal plate on the side fly off. It looks like a detent cover but it isnt, it's an air chamber. That happened last summer. It's still dinked.

I did notice today that there are 2 holes on the bottom of the PTExtreme so you could hook up a bottomline setup.
And there's still little 4oz tanks kicking around, even 9oz aren't THAT big.

I've tried an Extreme numerous times and the accuracy and range is nowhere near a PGP's. I was really dissapointed with that gun. The only plus for the PT i see is the lever action CO2 and spring loaded, removable paint cartridge. Plus its a semi.

And i do know a guy who uses only a PTExtreme and a PGP most of the time. Sometimes he'll pull out a Traccer pump or a Tippman Carbine if the competition is using fast markers. Not often though.
I use my KP and PGP a helluva lot. I'll just drop my Mag and harness, take out my PGP and go nuts.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:56 PM #8
Azura69

anymore opions on this one? i dont wanns ask in the 32 place cause they might be biased. are these guns only made by 32?
Old 03-10-2002, 11:58 PM #9
Durhai

If you really want to go small but want to have a little more CO2 than a 12 gram then think about getting a 4 oz tank. Those things are extremely small and light. I'm not sure how many shots you can get out of one but I'd say that there is plenty there for more than 45 shots.

You can find 4 oz tanks at this website http://www.countypaintball.com

PS This is my favorite website for their excellent customer service.