PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-24-2001, 12:07 AM #1
fox149
žKillaž

has been a member for 10 years
Smile New Bolt For Angel(Force 2 Cyclone Bolt)

I just got a new bolt for my angel that hasn't even been released yet. Its made by National Paintball Supply and is called the Force 2 Cyclone Bolt(or something like that). This bolt is by far the best i've seen it adds distance and makes ur gun more accurate and gas efficient. I love it. It even out performed the Bonebrake, Shoctech, kapp, and Dye in a test(wasn't tested against neother bolts but i will do more when i can) The person who I got it from said that it will be available to the public soon and will be around 30-50$(its worth the money)

2k1 LCD C&C Claret Angel
boomstick
volumizer, lowrise, Force 2 Cyclone Bolt
68ci 4500psi geddon or apoc(comming soon)
Shocktech Drop Forward
Smoke 12v rev
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2001, 12:52 AM #2
Scorch
Just a nice guy in a mask

Scorch is a Supporting Member
Exclamation Really....

Quote:
Originally posted by fox149
This bolt is by far the best i've seen it adds distance and makes ur gun more accurate and gas efficient. I love it. It even out performed the Bonebrake, Shoctech, kapp, and Dye in a test
More distance AND better accuracy...

Please give us your test results.

Scorch
Old 06-24-2001, 01:45 PM #3
GhettoVampyre

lol, I bet you also use it in your spyder.

Silver 2.1 2k2 dark angel lcd - pred on the way
68 ci 4500 hyperflow 201
"Ignorance is not an excuse"
"I Hate Stupid F**king People"
My Feedback
Old 06-24-2001, 11:23 PM #4
brink

Quote:
It even out performed the Bonebrake, Shoctech, kapp, and Dye in a test
wow it outperformed the stock bolt (DYE), what a surprise.

Anyways, I would like to see the test results and when this thing comes out hear more reviews from other people...
Old 06-25-2001, 08:45 AM #5
Trinity

Well wow, send me one for free and I'll review it, I got like 12 different bolts sitting around, and the equipment to test each on in detail. Including gas efficiency, distance and accuracy.

I still think a bolt has very little to do with distance or accuracy, since out of the 12 or so I have laying around there is very little difference beside gas efficiency

Trinity
Old 06-25-2001, 09:12 AM #6
Malice
No bolt will increase accuracy and distance. Sorry to burst your bubble. The bolt may increase efficiency and make the marker quieter but thats about it.

Old 06-25-2001, 03:37 PM #7
Maugan_Ra

Wow, more hype for pocketbook-crazy angel owners to bite into.

Malice is correct, the only thing a bolt can do is make your gun run at a lower pressure (not neccessarily more efficient though)

Its not going to make the ball go further, or shoot straighter.
Old 06-25-2001, 05:44 PM #8
Shmokey

Talking

I already made this offer on another thread, but I've got some prime beachfront real estate somewhere in Moab, Utah that I can sell to anyone who thinks that a bolt, screw, or grip frame will make your gun shoot farther.

Or, if you prefer, in Kansas.
Old 06-26-2001, 01:10 AM #9
xtreme01
Mantis Gear Factory Team

xtreme01 is a founding member
xtreme01 plays in the APPA D4 division
my own 2 cents

hey guys i my not be a genious but wouldnt a different sound and different pressure indicate that something different is happening in the process of the ball being propeled out of the gun which could result in different distances and accuracy.

also i have had some physics in my high school days ( like last semester ) and i realize 2 objects the same size, weight , and velocity in the same conditions will travel the same distance but a bolt that puts a spin on the ball will change the process of the ball being propeled which will change the distance and accuracy. look at the flatline for the model 98. there is no way you can tell me your gun will shoot the same distance as one of those at the same velocity,etc,etc... anyway thats my 2 cents later josh
Old 06-26-2001, 01:43 AM #10
Scorch

Talking Xtreme01...

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme01
...i realize 2 objects the same size, weight , and velocity in the same conditions will travel the same distance but a bolt that puts a spin on the ball will change the process of the ball being propeled which will change the distance and accuracy. look at the flatline for the model 98.
In short, a bolt does not propel the ball, the air it channels does. Unless you used a HUGE barrel like the flatline or zmag, the fit of the bore would remove any spin induced by a bolts flow.

In both the zmag and flatline, things other than the bolt act on the ball to create backspin.

Scorch
Old 06-26-2001, 02:18 AM #11
xtreme01
Mantis Gear Factory Team

i realize the bolt does not propel the ball, but the air traveling through it. in the case of the cyclone bolt the air is spun out of the bolt resulting in a spin on the ball. the barrel would stop some spin but if you look at a ball of two colors coming at you or directly away you will see a spin how ever slight or dramatic depends on the integrity on the setup you own. anso with the cyclone bolts the spin is opposite or shall we say on the horizontal axis of the ball where as a flatline or the z mag put a verticle spin.man this is hard to explain. i hope you understand what im tring to say about the difference in spin on the ball with the flatline and cyclone. anyway later josh
Old 06-27-2001, 01:33 AM #12
GhettoVampyre

lol, so now your saying it gives you side spin? Now we can shoot even more beloved "hook-shots"

68 ci 4500 hyperflow 201
My Feedback
Old 06-27-2001, 01:42 AM #13
xtreme01
Mantis Gear Factory Team

no, not side spin. it spins the same direction a prop. on an airplane would. not like a wheel like the flatline and z mag do. the bolt causes a spiral or air to hit the ball which cause the ball to spiral. just buy one or next time you get gogged maybe you will see the spiral effect i am talking about first hand. no hook shots, there straight on.any way ill get one one for my gun asap
Old 06-27-2001, 06:31 PM #14
fox149
žKillaž

yes and the spin that this bolt puts on the ball cause it to shoot straiter, and when i shot it i was gettin more distance. Maybe it was just my gun.
Old 06-28-2001, 12:50 AM #15
GhettoVampyre

btw if you were ever able to "rifle" a paintball and achieve that type of spin the ball would corkscrew. (also a twisted ventri wont create that type of spin) nice try thou

68 ci 4500 hyperflow 201
My Feedback
Old 06-28-2001, 12:58 AM #16
xtreme01
Mantis Gear Factory Team

the bolt has a metal insert the twists or corkscrews. the air flows around this and is spun by it. and vampire the ball dosent corkscrew through the air, so you are wrong on that one. and how can you know what it does since you havent seen one. im tellin you dont diss it till you try it.its different from all other bolts you have tried guranteed. shoot your gun with what ever bolt you have now then drop in the cyclone and it will go furthur. if you have a bonebrake or cobra you will probiably have to adjust the velocity cause they are not custom made. anyway later josh
Old 06-28-2001, 01:03 AM #17
xtreme01
Mantis Gear Factory Team

hey ghettovampyre

if a spirical object is spinning then the forces around the perimiter of the object would be equal so the ball would fly straight. correct me if i am wrong.although a warped ball would "corkscrew" like you described but no freak barrel,bolt or LP gun would fix that. just a thought later josh
Old 06-28-2001, 01:29 PM #18
fox149
žKillaž

Vampyre trust me on this i own the bolt and it does work just like im sayin call up national and ask them bout it if you want, and maybe if your lucky they will give you a deal on one. They can also probably explain how it works better than i can but it does work.

Will
Old 06-28-2001, 05:27 PM #19
GhettoVampyre

haha, guess what...this isn't a new inovated bolt. My bro has one in his spyder right now, and i am currently looking at it. Just fired it a few min ago, and even with a gigantic barrel bore no "twisting" spin is ever created. Your theory before is correct for elongated items such as bullets, but when dealing with a round ball with a "seam" spin is bad. Thats my view.

68 ci 4500 hyperflow 201
My Feedback
Old 06-28-2001, 08:31 PM #20
Scorch

Talking Spin.....

Ok... what directions can a ball spin.

Toward the shooter (like Flatline or Zmag) creating a lower pressure on the top of the ball and giving longer range.

Away from the shooter causing it to drop faster - the converse of the flatline/zmag idea.

Left or right. Guess what happens. Hook.

The last way it can spin is not practical. A rifle like axis spin. Since you can't control where the seam will be as the ball is shot, it will give irregular results. Also, a paintball would not perform like a bullet and tilt downward at the end of its flight. As a rifled spun ball began to drop, the angle of spin relative to its forward direction would change. This would cause either a slight hook left or right. That's if it were a fast enough spin to make any difference at all.

Other than the barrel too tight reason I mentioned before, this is why I can't believe there is a spin of any sort which gives better accuracy and distance from this new bolt.

As for why it might shoot further if you drop it in a marker that has a stock bolt is obvious. It probably flows better than stock. No surprise.

If this new bolt has the abilities you claim, please post the test data. Better yet pm me with it..... I want that advantage.

Scorch