Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-08-2005, 12:13 PM #22
Baron von Miller
hotair.com

Baron von Miller is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
My original point about this law is that I fail to see how it would either prevent or dissuade a real criminal from going about his/her business.
Imagine if you will that you are a true gangster, straight up G, 100% bad and your on your way to pop a cap in someones ***/*****, your cruisin' in your whip, lookin' out for your next victim when in your rearview you see a cop car with its lights flashin' at you, bad boy. Do you:-

A. Pull it over and prepare to do bird for the tec 9 on the passenger seat.

B. Pull it over and prepare to unleash 30 rounds of flesh shredding hot lead into dibble.
or

C. Light up the fat Yokkohamas you shelled out for and open up the No2 valve to see if you can make it onto worlds wildest police chases.

While not wishing influence anyone I would not think that A is a realistic option, whereas the other options unfortunately seem far more likely.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2005, 11:25 AM #23
Burton_Ian

It's really not that big of a deal, but you could always just write to one of your representives and like see if they could help ya out
Old 03-24-2005, 06:52 PM #24
Sikosmurf

Sounds like a great law to me. There's no reason for a marker to be sitting out in the open, gassed up, barrel in. Stop being all "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
Old 03-25-2005, 05:34 AM #25
Baron von Miller
hotair.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Sikosmurf
Sounds like a great law to me. There's no reason for a marker to be sitting out in the open, gassed up, barrel in. Stop being all "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
The way I see it, there's no reason NOT to have your gun on the passenger seat. Although I would probably keep it in a non- gassed up state, either way I cannot see how I keep my paintball gun has anything to do with local or national government.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:36 PM #26
Pntballwarrior
I Love Lamp

i beleive one of the terms to the law is the gun must be out of reach to anyone in the car. so if there is only a driver, the florr in front of the passenger seat will do fine.

As for needing it in the front, one reson might be to charge it. When i need to go an hour away for a tourney i let my angel charge on the way. besides that there really is no reason.
"His balls are all over the place"-John Madden
ΦΔΘ
Oklahoma Alpha
Old 06-19-2005, 07:02 PM #27
supermario

What about single-cab trucks? No trunk space there.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:12 PM #28
Pntballwarrior
I Love Lamp

yea i have a truck too. i just put it on a towel on the floor in front of the passenger seat. but idk about its relation to the laws.
"His balls are all over the place"-John Madden
ΦΔΘ
Oklahoma Alpha
Old 06-20-2005, 07:21 AM #29
Baron von Miller
hotair.com

^^^These are the kind of reasons the person who thought up this law did not consider, and the reason why such laws could be considered as silly or pointless.
The impetus for this law was probably a notional remedy toward cutting drive by shootings. If this were the case then I would like to know, (seeing as what we are really talking about is cutting murder rates) is, how many ways does murder have to be illegal in order for it to stop?
I admit that I ask this question in a rhetorical sense as I think the answer is just the one.
The way I see it is instead of making lots of new law we should simply enforce the laws we currently have.
If you murder someone you should do hard time and lots of it, regardless of wether you gunned then down from a moving vehicle or beat them to death with your bare hands. Murder is murder whichever way you slice it.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:32 PM #30
druidsdecendant
Mr Personality

well, from what I've seen the State's are designing these laws because there quite a few idiots running around with markers, spraying up people 'for the fun of it'...more than likely, a bunch of showder-heads that are "bored" and want something to do that doesn't entail any kind of real work.
Here, markers are considered firearms. They propell a projectile with force given by mechanical spring (bb gun), compressed air (pneumo bbguns and PB markers), explosive compound (gunpowder) or chemical reaction.
If people would stop screwing off and stop and think 'what could/would happen if..." then the governments wouldn't have a reason to create the law in the first place.

problem is...people (kids, catually) won't control their antisocial or deviant or defiant behavior.

PbN Feedback +15, -0
KUSA Feedback +26, -0
Old 09-02-2005, 09:00 AM #31
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECD2004
theres a new law that you cant carry guns in the front of the car, they have to be in the trunk and you can get in a crapload of trouble for having it in the car with you. Same rule applies for slingshots and blowguns. What do you guys think about this law?

I think it's ****ing great. That's what the law in all states should be. PA has a similar law, and I think that one is ****ing great too.

Anybody who doesn't like it is probably a vandal that's doing more damage than good to the community.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:32 AM #32
PBMAN212
Life is Random

PBMAN212 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph
I think it's ****ing great. That's what the law in all states should be. PA has a similar law, and I think that one is ****ing great too.

Anybody who doesn't like it is probably a vandal that's doing more damage than good to the community.
Agreed.

And Meph, how come you aint a mod no more?

"Almost as good as pie"
Old 09-02-2005, 12:33 PM #33
durtydean13
THE DURTY ONE

These Laws Are The Ones We Should Enforce Not The Ones Banning Markers Like In Nyc
Old 09-04-2005, 09:12 AM #34
CaptnWelts
[ This space for rent ]

When will these ******** polititans and lawmakers get it? You cannot legislate out crime. Making crime illegal does NOT stop crime *******es! It's called CRIME!!!!!

Does ANYONE really thing that some punk kid who's going to drive around shooting up neighorhoods with paintball guns, bb guns, real guns, blow guns, bows and arrows, or anything else is going to be stopped by making a law that says he cannot have it on his front seat????? OF COURSE NOT, HE'S A CRIMINAL ALREADY!!!!!!!!

The only people who suffer are the law abiding citizens like you and I. What about the guy going to the field with a pickup truck? Where is he supposed to put his gear, in the bed so it can slam around and possibly get rained on? No. But now keeping it on the floor in the passenger seat has just made him a criminal.

If that's not insane to you I don't know what is.

MyFeedback

"Originally posted by time2kil
Great thread! Would read again A++++++++! "
Old 09-10-2005, 01:10 PM #35
Meph

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnWelts
When will these polititans and lawmakers get it? You cannot legislate out crime. Making crime illegal does NOT stop crime....

So you suggest that since criminals rape, murder, steal... that there should be no laws against it? Since the laws don't completely eliminate the crime there should be no law at all, correct?

Who's the insane one?

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM #36
CaptnWelts
[ This space for rent ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph
So you suggest that since criminals rape, murder, steal... that there should be no laws against it? Since the laws don't completely eliminate the crime there should be no law at all, correct?

Who's the insane one?

You're missing the point entirely.

Laws are good.

Laws that do nothing but inconvenience law abiding citizens are NOT good.

Again, back to my point, does telling a law abiding citizen he has to carry PB equipment in seperate compartments stop some ****head dweeb from shooting up a neighborhood? No, because he's a ****head dweeb who's going to commit a CRIME anyway.

So what good does this law do? Absolutely nothing, it makes life more difficult for people like you, myself, and 99.999% of other PB enthusiasts out there.

Honestly, do you really think making a law saying PB markers cannot be kept in the passenger compartment of a car is going to stop someone who has the intention of going out and commiting a crime with it????

MyFeedback

Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM #37
MrTerddddd (Banned)

MrTerddddd is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You're missing the point entirely.

Laws are good.

Laws that do nothing but inconvenience law abiding citizens are NOT good.

Again, back to my point, does telling a law abiding citizen he has to carry PB equipment in seperate compartments stop some ****head dweeb from shooting up a neighborhood? No, because he's a ****head dweeb who's going to commit a CRIME anyway.

So what good does this law do? Absolutely nothing, it makes life more difficult for people like you, myself, and 99.999% of other PB enthusiasts out there.

Honestly, do you really think making a law saying PB markers cannot be kept in the passenger compartment of a car is going to stop someone who has the intention of going out and commiting a crime with it????
You mean we REALLLY have to go through alll that hardwork to put our guns.. in teh trunk?!?!..holy...dude, are you sure..this is wayyy to much work i mean.. I'm not even goignt o play paintball anymore!1!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:46 PM #38
Meph

Quote:
Laws are not there only to deter. If a law stopped criminals alone, there'd be no crime.

The laws are there to state "Hey, if you do this, guess what, you're gettin punished" That's all the law is there for. And police are there to enforce that statement.

And since when did you have the ability to decide that me tossing my gear in my trunk was an inconvenience to me? Did you bother to ask if I thought this law would be an inconvenience to me, or do you prefer to speak on everybody's behalf without asking around about it first?

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 09-12-2005, 06:51 AM #39
CaptnWelts
[ This space for rent ]

But how are they going to enforce the law? Put paintball gun nazi's on every corner to peer into cars? No, of course not. The only time they will get the chance to look into a car is during a traffic stop, most likely for for something other than a drive by shooting. So I don't see how it's going to "deter". Hell, doing drive by shootings is illegal and that hadn't seemed to "deter" very much yet.

Do you see my point here? Making laws like this doesnt' stop criminals, that's why they're criminals. The only people who will be affected by this law will be the poor innocent sap that had no idea of the law and gets pulled over by officer littledick with a 2 inch hard on.

And I do quite often keep my gear on the front seat. I play a lot of rec games that are only a few miles from my house. More often than not I'll just toss my whole gun on the seat, hopper, gas, and barrel; toss a case of paint on the floor with my mask and my harness and go. It's not worth packing all of my gear up etc. for a quick woods game. If I lived in CT that would be a criminal offense now. It just serves to potentially make honest people criminals.

I'm sure it will be enforced with reasonable discression but you never know........

MyFeedback

Old 09-15-2005, 06:21 AM #40
Paintballphil

it's good law, at least they are not trying to keep you from having them. There are too many out there shooting up everything they see. Go with it and be glad.
You need to hope that they enforce this, it would be good for the sport.