Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-22-2004, 11:03 AM #1
ECD2004
ILAA

ECD2004 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
New law in connecticut and IT SUCKS

theres a new law that you cant carry guns in the front of the car, they have to be in the trunk and you can get in a crapload of trouble for having it in the car with you. Same rule applies for slingshots and blowguns. What do you guys think about this law?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2004, 01:10 AM #2
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
why would you want to carry your marker in the front seet with you?

Just stick it in the trunk and take it out when you get to the field.
ping-pong
Old 10-01-2004, 02:50 AM #3
uppda

Good LAw

There is no reason you should have to put yout gun in the front seat. It is laws like this that are going to help keep hodlums from going around shooting houses, other cars and people while driving. It can only help the sport.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:02 PM #4
ECD2004
ILAA

ECD2004 is a Supporting Member
the problem isn't having to put it in the trunk the problem is the size of the fines it just seems a extreme a mistake someone could easily make
Old 10-02-2004, 06:03 AM #5
uppda

The fines are what make the law effective. If they made the law and then said if we catch you it will cost youe 20 bucks people wouldn't take it seriously.

There shouldn't be a reason why you can't put it in the trunk it takes just a few seconds. If you don't the only reasons are you just didn't want to, or you planned on misusing it.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:28 PM #6
yonickdude
Wii Golf(PRO)

yonickdude is a Supporting Member
yonickdude helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally posted by hothead2
why would you want to carry your marker in the front seet with you?

Just stick it in the trunk and take it out when you get to the field.
duuuh, so you can shoot at stuff like cops!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:19 PM #7
Decrumpit
Banned

When is a paintball marker considered any of the above? Its an Air GUN if anything....
Old 10-12-2004, 10:48 PM #8
TomDeLonge
dm dizzle

Quote:
Originally posted by yonickdude
duuuh, so you can shoot at stuff like cops!
i hope you get banned for that

AIM: cat ate thief
Old 10-14-2004, 04:38 PM #9
Mosfet

what about cars like hatchbacks and stationwagons that don't have a separated "trunk" to put them in?
is the back cargo area considered good enough?

http://www.lostcarcosa.net/

My PBN Feedback
For eBay feed back look up jremy92b2
Old 10-18-2004, 06:17 PM #10
JasonBourne

That law sucks hard-core.. Always trying to restrict our freedoms those sons of ....
1st Corinthians 10:31
Psalms 91

Rendition Intimidator Settings- BIP 2ms, Dwell 9ms, Bolt Forward/Delay 15ms, LPR @ 80psi, Mbounce @ 1, Debounce @ 4, eyes on FORCE, .693 or .696 barrel, Reloader on Setting 1 or 2, NEVER 3, spyder detents from ebay<--- im loving dat muchas gracias 2 rendition tech !

BLAST: (925)-625-7929
Old 11-04-2004, 01:39 AM #11
the Extorti0nist
Banned

I always belt my baby in the passenger seat That way I know she's safe at all times!
Old 11-12-2004, 03:11 PM #12
insert name
the dude

Actually..thats really not fair...my dad took me and 3 buddies paintballing and we all had huge duffle bags..and my dad had a chainsaw and some gas in the back..there wasnt enough room for my friends bag..so I offered to hold it in my lap..

now..if we had gotten pulled over while I was looking at his gun or something we coulda been screwed...but I guess this law really doesnt matter unless you have it out in the open..if it is concealed they have no right to look for it unless you give it to them when they ask you--or if they have implied consent...or a search warrant for your marker LOL
Old 11-16-2004, 02:48 PM #13
*~-Stihgnob-~*

Basically, they aren't going to nail you for having the marker in the back seat in a bag and concealed like that insert name. And even if you didn't know the law was in effect and got pulled over by a cop and he saw that... if you were properly taking care of your gun and did not have a barrel, or gas tank hooked up to it at that time, the cop would likely just give you a warning because you said you didnt know and the gun was clearly not ready to be fired at the time.

The reason states are coming out with this law is because there are a bunch of hoodlums riding around with their guns loaded up and doing drive by's on neighborhoods with paintballs. This law seems perfectly fine to me because instead of having some kids riding around shooting things then getting in trouble and having all paintballers be criticized for it, the kids instead are blamed because they were breaking a law in the first place. This just helps to save face for paintballers that dont want to cause trouble. If anyone is caught shooting a gun from a car, then the person is charged with a felony, and that saves the rest of us from being attacked by some hippy activist group against weapons.

Originally posted by cockerman1417
either way. Smart parts would sue you.

Originally posted by Lipglossandblac
VIVA LA WDP
Old 12-27-2004, 08:35 AM #14
Baron von Miller
hotair.com

Baron von Miller is a Supporting Member
Instead of making all these irrelevant/unnecessary laws would it not be more sensible to simply punish criminals for the crimes they commit instead of punishing the law abiding citizen for the criminals misdeeds. It seems to me that politicians, lawyers and judges enjoy nothing more than the creation of new law, the sole purpose of which can only be their own gratification/employment, as the saying goes you only need lawyers to protect yourself from other lawyers. However I must reserve my greatest criticism for the humble citizen who seems ever willing to sacrifice liberty upon the altar of security.

Last edited by Baron von Miller : 12-28-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:55 PM #15
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
I think it is great to have laws like that. Especially since I live in CT. Do you have the citation for that?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:16 PM #16
pntbllrsprky
I R Baboon

pntbllrsprky is a Supporting Member
In my neighboring cities (and mine) the gun has to either in the trunk or conceiled without an air supply, hopper, or barrel. Heck sometimes I take off my imagine's trigger frame and just let it charge in the front. Do I mind. No
Old 01-09-2005, 09:44 AM #17
bunkerking13

bunkerking13 is a founding member
bunkerking13 plays in the APPA D4 division
wow, i got pulled over in ct last week, had my timmie underneath my seat, haha, godd thing i didnt know about this or i would have paniked more, also, why the hell did i get a ticket for 294 going only 19 over, i was going 20 over in nh and it was 80 bux
Old 01-15-2005, 06:12 PM #18
backspinballer

ok the law sounds good excpet for one thing, if u have an electric gun and u hit a bump or ur c02 gets slammed around ur gear can get messed up. I'd put it in a gear bag and just dont give the cops a reason to pull u over.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:47 PM #19
PS_front-player
my old title sucked

ECD2004 - i understand ur point.... u like to have ur gun with u... in the car... not in the trunk... were u cant see it....

*i cant drive yet* but i keep my gun either in my lap or between my legs to hold it still so it doesnt get dinked or anything....

lol they made the new law.... but they didnt say u CANT do it... they just said u will get in trouble if u do
Black Phantom VSC

Feedback ---> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post20082927
Old 03-07-2005, 11:14 PM #20
HellSunk (Banned)

its fkn gay...my gun has NEVER seen the inside of my bag, or my trunk, only when i packed it n cali this weekend cuz i went walkn around. but other than that, i always have it. for god sakes i sleep wit my gun. i have it every where, i take it to the stores, i take itto work --the one n tha mall for those of u that know me-- but that is the stupidest law
Old 03-08-2005, 11:23 AM #21
ihate_michaelmoore (Banned)

u cant just walk around with it in the mall bubba oh yah howd you guys do in cali?