Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2002, 09:32 PM #1
superpimps
XxxxXxxxX

has been a member for 10 years
excal is realy realy loud..

well at skyball i had to use my angel because i didnt get a chance to set up my excal right but on saterday i got around to airing it up and playing around with it, i didnt have my lpr guage with me but i turned the lpr down alot and then had to turn my sidewinder up alot also to get it to shoot a half decent volocity, and well, it was the loudest gun there... who ever was at skyball in the early hours of the morning probably heard it...it was the only gun that accualy echo'ed and i thought these were supposed to be quiet guns? will turning my lpr back up and my sidewinder down make it quieter, what should i halve my lrp at considering its had about 15 cases through it before i got it.
thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2002, 09:37 PM #2
Sully
What Would Charon Do?

Re: excal is realy realy loud..

Quote:
Originally posted by superpimps
will turning my lpr back up and my sidewinder down make it quieter

Yes

what should i halve my lrp at considering its had about 15 cases through it before i got it.
thanks

65-70 psi
Old 03-04-2002, 11:02 PM #3
Chops9

It was loud because you dry firing the marker without paint and if you didn't have a barrel on it would be even louder. Put some paint through it and you will see that it is a very queit shooting gun.

Chops

Sponsors:
Stalker Paintball
www.stalkerpaintball.com
Old 03-05-2002, 02:37 PM #4
superpimps
XxxxXxxxX

it was with paint
Old 03-05-2002, 05:32 PM #5
stormtrooper1015

stormtrooper1015 is a Supporting Member
I ran mine all weekend - both were whisper quiet. Ram pressure is set at 75 psi on both markers. I wouldn't be focused on making the operating pressure "super low". It's a balance between PNreg, and the Sidewinder, as you've found out this weekend.

That being said, my HPR is running around 160-170psi, and that's getting me in the 270's for fps - with no ball breaks.

Good luck with the Excal!

Cheers.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:23 PM #6
Emtx
Mini-Moose!

Sounds like you have a rare timing problem. E-mail AKA with your problem. They are very good about getting back e-mails. Oh, when you do e-mail them, be as specific as possible.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:23 PM #7
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally posted by Emtx
Sounds like you have a rare timing problem. E-mail AKA with your problem. They are very good about getting back e-mails. Oh, when you do e-mail them, be as specific as possible.
In a round about way he already has told AKA about his problem. Sully has answered his question with the reply above. Turning the LPR back to where it should be and lowering the Sidewinder to where it should be will quiet it down. Having the LPR too low will cause the pressure out of the Sidewinder to be turned up to attain wanted velocities. This will cause the "loudness" level of the gun to increase. There is a comraderie between the LPR and HPR for proper flow, efficiency and volume.

Dan