PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2002, 02:52 PM #1
frog21

has been a member for 10 years
Played with a Viking Sunday!!!

I played 2 games with a new Viking at our team practice on Sunday.

The gun was very accurate and very consistent. There was no kick to speak of and the gun was very quiet with the Ultralite barrel I was using. I did manage to chop paint twice and one time so badly that I could not clear the jammed bolt on the field. Iwas shooting Big Ball at Practice but while test firing with Marballizer at the store, we pinched 2 or 3 times without chopping.

The gun does fire a little faster than a new Excalibur and my impression of the accuracy, with so little time for comparison, is that it seems to be a little less accurate but the increased rate of fire may make up the difference for some people.

Shots per fill may be a little less than with an Excalibur but I am confident of getting close to a case with a 68/4500.

As of now I plan on staying with the Excalibur because I feel the consistency and accuracy are better for me because I can not shoot faster tha a stock Ecalibur anyway.

I will still recommend the Excalibur but the Viking is so close and a lot less expensive that it is almost a toss up.

If anyone wants to flame me about "closed bolt versus open bolt" and accuracy form one marker to another, don't bother. I have been playing paintball longer than most readers of this forum have been alive. I have shot almost every paintball gun made. I know very well the physics of launching a paintball and I also have a great deal of practical experience and on the field, the Excalibur is the most consistent and most accurate gun I have ever shot, with the possible exception of my Phantom Stock Gun.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2002, 04:36 PM #2
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
Re: Played with a Viking Sunday!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by frog21
the Excalibur is the most consistent and most accurate gun I have ever shot, with the possible exception of my Phantom Stock Gun.
Word. My Phantom has done things that I cannot understand, like chronoing the same number 4 times in a row on unregulated co2. Has happened more than once, it's odd. Excalibur has nice surprises like that too.

Thanks for the review.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:51 AM #3
brewcrewcapt
PA BREW CREW - Capt.

brewcrewcapt is a founding member
Is that alot of difference in distance between the two. I understand the excaliburs more accurate but how much
more? And does the excalibur out shot the angel in
distancc. I do like that you can get close to a case on a
fill. I'm looking to get some Vikings in the shop as soon as
soon as there ready to start shipping on a regular basis.

Beerman
Old 03-05-2002, 08:36 PM #4
Emtx
Mini-Moose!

I feel as though the excalibur keeps its accuracy at longer distances. Ive shot a couble angels. One that was perticulary very accurate. The angle had a LITTLE more accuracy to about 50 feet. After that it opened up at greater distances making long ball a a game of statistics rather than accuracy. The excalibur has a LITTLE less accuracy then the angel untill 50 feet but after that it keeps its accuracy at longs distance much more than the angel. I feel as though its just like a merlin cocker with an electro trigger. Or an angel with the accuracy of a cocker. Of course the angel would win the most sexy gun contest. Excal has a flatter trajectory than the angel. The angel is kinda like shooting eggs(oval shape is the point). The Excal is like shooting arrows or darts. I love the Excal

Excal gets like 5-10 feet more range. (if they were both shooting 300FPS) but it feels like alot more because of the flat trajectory.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:05 PM #5
brewcrewcapt
PA BREW CREW - Capt.

brewcrewcapt is a founding member
I'm sorry maybe I was unclear with my Question. I want to know the difference between the Viking and excalibur. I'm not concerned about the angel. I interested in the Viking. From what
Ive seen the angels breaks more paint then what I want.
I like the Idea of bolts stopping on a ball rather then chopping in half.

Beerman