Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2002, 08:26 AM #1
Firefall
Paintball Writer

has been a member for 10 years
Vikings... Uh, the wait!

Just called AKA this morning and was told that it would be an estimated 3-4 months till the next batch of Vikings is ready to be shipped. What's up with this wait? I mean, a lot of us are wanting these markers, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is impatient. Why doesn't AKA just make one MASSIVE order of a batch and get it over with? Or is this their plan for this 2nd run?
Adrenalin Paintball
PaintballCity.com
BuyPB.com
Raven Paintball Products
Kingman Paintball Products
Old 03-04-2002, 03:43 PM #2
Sully
What Would Charon Do?

Most of this time is spent at the Anodizer. AKA faces a 6-10 week turn around in anno time. THis is just for stock black. If it needs to be polished, add another 2 weeks.

The next run of Vikings is planned on being approx. 500 guns. And will probably be started sometime in the next 1 - 1.5 months. (The first run was 150 guns)
Old 03-04-2002, 03:47 PM #3
Firefall
Paintball Writer

Well, the sooner the better I'd say. I would personally prefer the markers to be released in quantity rather than quality (maybe 1 in 200 would be bugged, but I'm sure it would be much easier to just go ahead and send it off). However, it seems like AKA do know what their doing and lean towards providing service for the patient and experienced (someone completely the opposite of me). Seems like I'm getting my hands on a Viking anyways, so I'm happy. It just gets annoying when people (like me, once again) expect guns to be machined out as fast as Angels and constantly be in stock, but be forced to wait 3-4 months for them. Ok, I'll stop my mindless rambling now.
Adrenalin Paintball
PaintballCity.com
BuyPB.com
Raven Paintball Products
Kingman Paintball Products