PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2002, 06:51 AM #1
Finny

has been a member for 10 years
Excal Battery Life...?

I'm curious what kind of battery life other excal shooters are getting. I have read some threads that say battery life is great, some that say it isn't and some that say it isn't but may be a board issue.

After switching to a good battery (Plainview 9.6v) for non-warm temp play I didn't have any problems, and shot about a case, but I also charge after the day is over so I don't have a sense of how long the battery will last.

Thoughts...
Excal #261
Old 03-04-2002, 08:08 PM #2
Gildon92

i have shot about a case through it with a plainview battery and then left the gun on on accident overnight and the battery was dead the next morning... Did i answer your question?
Old 03-05-2002, 12:24 AM #3
Blackkatt

Blackkatt is a Supporting Member
I know that I can get 3 or 4 cases off of one battery. Actually I have never had a problem with a low battery. It seems that I can not remeber to turn it off at the end of the day.
Ebay Feedback
Old 03-05-2002, 11:26 AM #4
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
I don't find a problem shooting cases on the same battery. The problem arises when you leave it on for extended amount of time. Say 6 - 8 hours. I'm sure it can shoot a few cases on the same battery, but try shooting a case, leave it on, and shoot another case 6 hours later.

I had a fresh charge on the battery and left it on in the morning and went to work. Came back maybe 8 hours later and the battery was way dead.

Yochi.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:40 PM #5
Emtx
Mini-Moose!

If you leave it on the battery will die after a couple hours. If you tun it off and just turn it on to shoot your gun, it will take aprox 4-5 cases for me.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:57 PM #6
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Mega Moderator
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
That's why I can't wait to see the new boards, supposed to have a sleep mode and auto shut off feature. This should help with batteries quite a bit. Before I got the LED mod I had a problem with leaving the marker on. Just as easy to tell it's on without the LED, but with the LED I actually look.