PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-03-2002, 10:28 PM #1
Spook

has been a member for 10 years
Aftermarket Parts?

As remarkably popular as this marker is, when are we going to see some aftermarket parts become available? Hello, shocktech or somebody, please make a delrin bolt that fits this thing so we can all have our bolts stop seizing on us! Grips would be nice as well. Has anyone heard anything about any aftermarket parts becoming available? Also, can anyone give any details on how to make (or where to buy) a delrin bolt for the BD (that'll work with this closed, rear-cocking bolt system - don't think there are any for the spyder)?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2002, 11:27 PM #2
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

Spook, the cool thing is that, for the most part, there is already a universe of aftermarket parts for the BD. Almost anything that will work in a compact-bodied Spyder will also work in a Black Dragun. That includes all the ShockTech stuff. One of mine is currently sporting the ShockTech Quick-Release Delrin Bolt, and it works like a champ.

Next, if you read some of the threads in this forum, you will see that CheckIt Products already has an aftermarket adjustable aluminum trigger, available in multiple colors, for the Black Dragun, with other parts in the works including a Delrin Bolt and vertical feed.

Now if you are talking specifically about an aftermarket bolt made to work with the "snap-back" of the BD stock bolt, well that is a very specific question. However, I have recently discovered that SwanCreek is going to start offering their side-cocking N-Bolt with a pretapped 8/32" hole in the back, enabling it to be used with the bolt handle of your choice, be that a cocker bolt handle--or the snap-back handle of the BD! In fact, I will hopefully be getting one this week!

So how's them cookies????
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ
Old 03-04-2002, 08:17 AM #3
Spook

Thanks for the info. You're right, I am primarily interested in a delrin bolt that will work with the current BD "snap back." The SwanCreek bolt sounds like a winner - where can the rest of us get one of those?
Old 03-04-2002, 12:12 PM #4
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

http://www.swancreekpaintball.com/

Last I looked, there was not yet an optoin to order the pre-tapped side-cocking bolt, so you best bet might be to give them a call or shoot them an email.

FYI, the N-Bolt is not Delrin. Swan Creek claims that their bolt is made from a "Nylon-like" material that is self-lubricating like Delrin, but won't swell in heat and humidity like Delrin can.
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ
Old 03-04-2002, 03:27 PM #5
Spook

Thanks for the info. You're right, I am primarily interested in a delrin bolt that will work with the current BD "snap back." The SwanCreek bolt sounds like a winner - where can the rest of us get one of those?