PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-03-2002, 07:14 PM #1
Hyperactive 11

has been a member for 10 years
Excalibur performance at SkyBall

Team Hyperactive just put 1 fully broken in and 5 partially broken in new Excaliburs to the test at SkyBall this weekend. THAT was the way a tournament is supposed to go... concentrate on your game and opposition, NOT your marker!

Out of two days of play, we had one ball get pinched when the bolt was inadvertantly pulled back while a ball was in the breach, and one airline was pulled loose and didn't want to reseal as we were heading for the field, so another Excal was grabbed. That was it! Not ONE shooting problem for ANY of the six of us playing all weekend. They were on target, rear can to rear can. Field limit was 280 fps. Since 5 were still finishing their breakin, we set them around 257-262 fps. Even though the Sidewinder regs weren't fully broken in, we were all chronoing doubles, with the third clocking within 2-4 fps of the duped speeds. They were consistant, and we hit anywhere on the field we wanted to reach. I was truly amazed when I had played the whole first day, and when I sighted down my barrel, it was as clean as when it went on that morning. Not one barrel swabbing/squeegeeing the whole tournament. (Okay... I pushed a battle swab through the barrel as I put it away the first night. It just made me feel better in my amazed state.)

We all started with fresh Energizers or Duracells, and no one had any battery problems, either. They're all still in the markers, working fine.

We can't speak highly enough of this marker. Its performance sells itself... Jaybone checked out how they were working for us in the SkyDome, and bought one from a vendor right then.

I can honestly say this marker delivers on its claims, and you get what you pay for.
Hyperactive #11
www.teamhyperactive.org
www.laser-specialties.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2002, 07:28 PM #2
Phoenix
Zoomie

Phoenix is a Supporting Member
So, how did you all do?
Old 03-03-2002, 08:21 PM #3
Hyper8
Paint is not a food group

Talking Amen to that Brother!

I cant say enough about our Ex's preformance. I have a Warp Feed on mine, and it compleatly rocked the whole weekend. Not one broken or pinched ball. As far as ranking after the event, Im not sure, but being our first time, we felt we did really well.

Mike

Hyperactive
Old 03-03-2002, 09:31 PM #4
Jonny

cool...

I watched a couple of Hyperactive's games.

I'm happy. I finially got to try the Viking. I was impressed. I have made the finial decision to buy it over an angel. It pointed increadiably nice, the trigger felt really natural. The gun didn't have any noticable kick. Also the love tap you get instead of a chop from the bolt is nice. It also felt pretty compact. It's not the fastest gun out there but 13bps aint to shabby.

Sorry for being off the "excal" topic. I just though I should mention the Viking.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:29 AM #5
Hyperactive 11

How we did...

We finished the 8 game prelims with 5 wins, 3 losses. We obviously fell short of making the cut at the top 2 in the bracket. You could drop 2 games and still be hopeful, but when the 3rd game fell, it put the top 2 too far away for us to stay contenders. We finished fourth in our bracket, with a 498 total. We're still waiting for the total point standings.

This was our first Novice event in the big circuits. We felt pretty pleased with our performance. We got our best growth from this event in time spent learning to read the field, and develop multiple objective-oriented breaks, so you have the ability to mix things up and not be as predictable as we have been in the past. We moved forward in that important area of "plan the play, then play the plan" area of team play. We didn't make semis, but we learned, and we improved. You can't help but get a little better when you play in the company of the teams that were there. Congrat to all the teams advancing to semis, and to all the teams who participated. I hope every team got as much from the event as we felt we did, making the cut or not.
Hyperactive #11
www.teamhyperactive.org
www.laser-specialties.com
Old 03-04-2002, 01:08 PM #6
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Hey Chuck, it sucks to be able to concentrate on your game instead of your gun doesn't it???? Now you know one of the secrets of Wiseguys' success, we don't worry about our gear, just our game. Congrats on your finish, pretty good start for the season. Good luck at ISA.

Dan