PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-03-2002, 03:59 PM #1
pbstar86

has been a member for 10 years
Question team?

i was just wondering the steps i need to take in forming a team. any info is apreciated, thanx
Old 03-03-2002, 04:14 PM #2
timie720

id like some help too. i know that rookie teams can have one novice but that is all. what team sizes are allowed. 3man, 5 man but what else.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:38 PM #3
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Question I realize that we are all Spyder users, but...

Shouldn't this be in a different forum? Well anyway... Having extras on the team is not a bad thing. Don't forget that alternates are a godsend on a hard day's rocking the tournament scene. 3-man teams are good to have 4-5 on the roster. 5-man 6-7 players. Generally speaking, keep +2 on the roster. Don't forget that you need paint beeotches too Rotate everyone in and out of the roster as the day goes on. Once you have a good group of players, work on the team itself. Strategies. Planning. Field calls. Do things as a team. Learn how everyone works on and off the field. Sounds silly, but it works. It builds the glue that keeps other teams together through the thick and the thin.

Oh yeah... DON'T FORGET TO DO DRILLS!
Old 03-04-2002, 03:52 PM #4
Nyra
The D Rocks!

Yeah. I'm dalum's paint beotch. he he
Old 03-04-2002, 10:36 PM #5
Aaron
CPPA member #29

Deffinately have alternates. The last one we went to was a three man, two of our guys messed up there knees fairly bad. Lukily one of the guys that did it is a young guy and toughed it out, he didn't run to much though. Also one of my friends happened to be there taking pictures and had his gun, so we got to continue the rest of the tournie.
It sucked because we were in fifth and moving up when it started going down hill, and the other guy hadn't practiced with us and to be frank, isn't that good. We surpriesingly got 16th out of 25, and we left early.

Marching band is cool!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:27 AM #6
Makestro
Banned

i got a question.... is it good for a team to all use same marker type (like spyders, cockers, angels........ same brand basicaly)???

cause 2 of my friends use stingray 2s *gag*, on uses a raptor, and i use to use an avenger (and god.... i thank u for letting it break) and my shutter is in the mail and soon to be at my door step....

but like yea...... -_- u under stand my question...

and also.... what are the restrictions on a team name??? im sure u can use profanity(sp?) and other stupid stuff... but are there others....

and 1 more.... besides a local store are there other sponsors u should try to get??? or just start off with a local store???

im trying to get a 5-7 man team going.... and i wanna know some stuff....
Old 03-06-2002, 09:59 AM #7
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

It's nice to see that...

Quote:
Originally posted by Makestro
i got a question.... is it good for a team to all use same marker type (like spyders, cockers, angels........ same brand basicaly)???

cause 2 of my friends use stingray 2s *gag*, on uses a raptor, and i use to use an avenger (and god.... i thank u for letting it break) and my shutter is in the mail and soon to be at my door step....

but like yea...... -_- u under stand my question...

and also.... what are the restrictions on a team name??? im sure u can use profanity(sp?) and other stupid stuff... but are there others....

and 1 more.... besides a local store are there other sponsors u should try to get??? or just start off with a local store???

im trying to get a 5-7 man team going.... and i wanna know some stuff....
Having all the same markers/same manufacturers is really pleasing to the eye... When you are a spectator. But You shouldn't have to force yourself and the rest of the team to look good for others. Doing that may cause you to lose more games than what you want by making you not feel comfortable or natural with your gear.

My team name is VERY boarderline... But at the same time it's only vulgar if you know what it means.

You are on the right track when it comes to sponsors... Whose money is better? The big name paintball product manufacturer or the local grocery store or sporting good shop or a resteraunt? Money is money. Nobody's is better. They will give it if you can produce. Start locally then move up as your team blossoms.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:43 AM #8
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
eh i believe its in the right forum...sometimes i copy it or make re directs but when i was first starting the first thing i thought of was lets make a team...
Old 03-06-2002, 01:40 PM #9
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Yeah, it started in the Spyder forum...

Quote:
Originally posted by thumper_rush
eh i believe its in the right forum...sometimes i copy it or make re directs but when i was first starting the first thing i thought of was lets make a team...
I didn't even realize that it ws moved till you post! LOL!
Old 03-06-2002, 02:12 PM #10
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Thumbs up Here's some light reading for you too...

http://www.paintballtimes.com/teamorganization.htm
Old 03-06-2002, 02:22 PM #11
MarbsMan2715

er

are you saying you are trying to start a team with 2 Stingrays on it? maybe im wrong cuase i most of the time am but if they ask you what kinda guns you have and you say Stingray 2's with botoom line adapters they are gonn laugh and be like NICE Joke man AHHA now wut you really got. So before you enter a tourney or anything i would practice more with upper lever guns, not that the gun makes the player but good lord man you can dont crap with a Stingray 2.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:54 PM #12
Makestro
Banned

lol no there gonna get better guns.... trust me i would be embaressed to have them with me useing stingrays in a tourny...

we found are 5th man... whats cool...

is there a place u can go to make sure u dont use a name used by another team???

we want an origanal name

anyways thanks for answering
Old 03-06-2002, 05:09 PM #13
MarbsMan2715

rofl

ok just makin sure i was like omg... well i dont know of any site. You should just think of names...post em on here and see if anyone knows a team that has that name. we could help ya out with names any day just make a new topic and ask for team names
Old 03-07-2002, 02:28 PM #14
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Quote:
Originally posted by Makestro
lol no there gonna get better guns.... trust me i would be embaressed to have them with me useing stingrays in a tourny...

we found are 5th man... whats cool...

is there a place u can go to make sure u dont use a name used by another team???

we want an origanal name

anyways thanks for answering
As far as I know, when you register at tournies most of them are first come/first serve. Team Money Shot was taken at Skyball this year. It's a good thing we didn't play. We only attended as spectators. Of course, keep it as unique as possible. That will ensure less hassle at registration.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:41 PM #15
Black Ice 72
Banned

A good team name is great, too. It might not show people how you guys play but it might intimidate some people.

My team shoots 2 timmys, Revenge v2, Angel, and a couple other electros.

I like variety of guns on a team. Some guns do better for certain positions than others.
Old 03-15-2002, 09:01 AM #16
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Thumbs up I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Ice 72
A good team name is great, too. It might not show people how you guys play but it might intimidate some people.

My team shoots 2 timmys, Revenge v2, Angel, and a couple other electros.

I like variety of guns on a team. Some guns do better for certain positions than others.
This is why I run with my EM1 and Spyder RAIL and the others with Cockers. It's not because I'm a cheap bastard or anything, it's because it fits my style of play. I am thinking about going to a Dye Cocker though. It's a possibility. But anyway... My core group of friends that play as a team from time to time work with a variety of markers. Ever see a 5 man speedball team with 2 pumps on it? Our mixed 5 man (1 woman ^_^) run with a Spyder RAIL/EM1, Bruizer LP Custom, Phantom, Trracer (not the SA) and a couple of Cockers. It's a good mix and a mind blower for other teams when they think they can roll us because we have 2 pumps. It's always a good time.

Essentially the key is dont bash one of your teammates if you don't like their marker. It may fit their style of play and prove to be the guy covering your butt when you are jammed at the 50.
It's like a "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" scenario.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:05 PM #17
Black Ice 72
Banned

Actually, a great team (The Juveniles) from New Jersey wrote something in a magazine (I believe it was Crossfire) about how to form a team. It talks about Sponsorships and everything else people usually wonder about when they form a team.

I will get back to you on the exact issue it was that the article was in.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:51 PM #18
goldbushy
Bunker the invisible man!

as for having all the same guns there is a few ups and downs. the good part is if you all have the same guns you can switch parts(bolts, gripframes, barrels, etc) and if you all have the same gun then you have more people on your team that may be able to fix it if one breaks. the down side is that no marker is perfect for everyone, and getting the whole team to decide on one gun will be practically impossible.

Team Freestyle home page: http://www.geocities.com/goldbushy/freestyle.html
Old 03-16-2002, 04:36 PM #19
Makestro
Banned

yea ur right.... i know i love my spyder shutter... and i dont think it will ever leave my side...

thanks for all the help u gave me.... and thanks for lookin for that artical to black ice
Old 03-16-2002, 07:11 PM #20
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
My Team

I came up with the name for our team. "Fire Support." I thought this was appropriate since we had 2 autocockers and a mag. We all have heavy trigger finggers. I think that a mix of markers is a good idea since different markers can play different goals. Our mag guy, KoDawg, can rock his mag so he is our back man. Michael, my team mate is very precise and he shoots a lot so he is the middle. I am the only skinny guy on our team so i run the tape line or I am the front. I snap shoot the best but my rate of fire is the worst. I think variety is the best thing for all teams.

-EvilPopTart