PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-22-2006, 12:20 AM #1
btb

REX m2 Q and A

1. obviously ive gotta ask, is it a reliable gun? its only $100 i realize, but im gonna be turning it into a pump also and need it to work.

2. hows the stock reg?

3. can u put a beaver tail on it?

4. Whats up with this gun? is it made by odyssey or REX? are are they the same? help a guy out here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2006, 01:07 AM #2
THOR4LIFE
Ka Mate, Ka Ora

Ok, technally, its made by Rex. Odyssey (more or less) went under, and Rex took over their line of makers. But yea, if you have any questions about the Rex line, you've come to the right place.

Anyways, has a 1st heads up, it has a spyder valve, not a cocker. It's a pretty good gun. Don't let the price scare you away. Rex just has found a way to sell their guns for a good price. The stock reg is nothing to write home about, but it'll do. And I'm pretty damn sure you can but a beaver tail on it, but not incredibly sure.
Get over it
Old 07-22-2006, 08:23 AM #3
btb

alright, i just want to be sure that the stock reg is okay, because personally, i like the look 1000% better than almost all of what wgp makes, but once i slap on the pump kit i dont want to spend any mroe money on it. ive also heard that it has that same spyder detent where its that rubber piece in the chamber. also true?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:43 PM #4
jrhummel

i dont like the regs, but they work. If you're gonna run c02 on it, i'd set the OPR 75psi lower than whats recommended, make sure you use an anti-siphoned tank. Takes alot of tinkerin and is quite different from the WGP autocockers.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:14 PM #5
btb

im only running compressed, so its all good. everyone says its already timed so thats a plus. but by tinkering, do u mean that in a good way or a bad way? like meaning ill always have to be adjusting my gun?
Old 07-22-2006, 05:20 PM #6
jrhummel

I've only messed with the M2 for a week or so. Took me a while to get the gun to cycle and shoot correctly. I was setting it to 350psi, was able to get the gun to start cocking, but balls were just rolling out, sounded perfect. Once i set the OPR to 275 and increased the LPR it started functioning better. I was never able to get the balls over 240fps. With the reg the way its setup as the ASA also, youll have to set your OPR and LPR every time you plan on using it or risk blowing some o-rings/hoses. I tried leaving the reg set and just adjusting the LPR on my friends type-r (same reg setup), 2nd time we screwed in his tank, the OPR jumped over 800psi and we blew his LPR hose, even though it was previously set to 225psi. I've had bad experiences with the regs on rex's, so i dont like them, but we learn from our mistakes. Dont get me wrong though, the M2 is worth every bit of $100, was $300 when it was an odyssey. I just didnt have the patience for it.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:00 PM #7
btb

wow, having to set the lpr and opr everytime sounds painstakingly annoying. im gonna have to rethink this. thanks for the tip
Old 07-23-2006, 02:22 AM #8
icweiner
iseewhiner!

uh u never have to reset the lpr.obviously this guy has no idea how to set an autococker and bud, the reg on the bottom turns really easy so loctite is your friend. i set the lpr once and its golden. uh and sweetpotting really helps those velocity probs
Old 07-23-2006, 02:58 AM #9
THOR4LIFE
Ka Mate, Ka Ora

^^bingo

It's still a cocker, so your going to have the the same issues with every other cocker ever made.
Get over it
Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 AM #10
body massage machine
House of Cosbys

Doesn't the M2 have a cocker valve? I thought the M1 was the one with the spyder valve. I heard the M2 was completely cocker compatible.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:33 AM #11
THOR4LIFE
Ka Mate, Ka Ora

Well, if the theory that the M1=mech dragonfly and the M2=03M, then it would have a spyder valve.
Get over it
Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM #12
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
You guys beat me to all the answers...
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 PM #13
Da_Shiznit
Torid X Master/Tech #2

And Me 2!

Matt-
Old 07-30-2006, 09:58 AM #14
DarkeWolf

yeah, the reg sucks. it uses input pressure to hold the pressure setting for output, so you have to reset it anytime you degass the gun. but other than that, it's a good, economical marker. been thinking about getting one as a pump project myself, once my income situation changes.

A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com www.scenariodreams.com
---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black---
---Dragun T-1 Black--Parts---
Old 07-30-2006, 03:20 PM #15
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
Icedrelm is a Supporting Member
Icedrelm owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
For 100 bucks, its about as agood as it gets, mine never had any problems.

The reg sucks, change it. Unless you like adjusting the pressure every time you air it up.

Just rember, it dosent have a safety.

Jeff
Old 07-31-2006, 09:14 PM #16
body massage machine
House of Cosbys

Just got my M2 and really like it... needed a little oil on the asa, but after that... PERFECT. My main gripe is it looks like they decided that they would release the marker before they built the safety. The spot for the safety is there... there just isnt a safety. Blows my mind. To a manufacture, this is very important b/c guess who's fault it is when somebody shoots their eye out. Anyone know where I could pick one up? Or am I gonna have to make one... then sell the rest for $100 each to all you poor people who don't have a lathe.