PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-05-2002, 08:54 PM #22
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

has been a member for 10 years
u seem to know a lot about my gun w/ all the upgrades on it...must be tarot card reader or sum **** cuz i got my gun down to almost a 1mm trig pull.....smart guy.....every1 in know w/ spyder never had any probs unless they did sumthin to it fooling around......
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2002, 08:55 PM #23
WakaWaka11

Get up some pics *******, lets see ure 1mm trigger pull
Old 03-05-2002, 08:58 PM #24
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

ya how am i gonna take em? wit my ****ing brain? i dont have anyting to take them with my site has a pic of my gun (old) but u cant even see the trig i will get a pic asap

ps i said ALMOST

read u retard dont just pic out a line or 2 just to sound like u win....PLZ CLOSE THIS THREAD ALL ITS TURNING INTO IS A DUMB *** ARGUEMENT OVER A GOD DAMNED OPINION......if u want to talk pm **** like ur supposed to
Old 03-05-2002, 09:01 PM #25
jarett_Nasty_Impy

i dont know nothing about your gun i didnt do nothing to my spyder to make it not work mine worked fine my friends dont work alot but other than that i have no problem with spyders.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:03 PM #26
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

ty jarett atleast some1 with some real knowledge of spyders know what theyre talkin bout........CLOSE THIS THREAD PLZ ITS GONNA GET WORSE
Old 03-05-2002, 09:06 PM #27
jarett_Nasty_Impy

yeah close this thread i know that spyders arent bad guns but just like any gun you got to take care of it to keep it working
Old 03-05-2002, 09:17 PM #28
Kody_Nasty_Impulse

you think that your trigger is light.... well i can smack the back of my gun and it will fire. if that aint light nothing is. and i can also touch it and it will fire. and i do not have the electro kit
Old 03-05-2002, 10:57 PM #29
TeamDynamic
Your Gone Thank U!!

i think you should go wit whatever you want its ever you fell comfortable wit.and just put some upgrades
Old 03-05-2002, 11:58 PM #30
gigante
in your face space coyote

the best i can tell you to do is to go handle both markers. obviously, both have many people who swear by them. they would both make good starter markers. i have a spyder tl+. i like it. im sure if i had a tippy, i would like it too. find something you like about one of them more than the other.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
Old 03-06-2002, 01:26 PM #31
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Thumbs down LOL! I thought wrong...

I thought that the bias would have been left in the other respective forums! So anyway...

Weigh it out. You sound like you are new. That means you are like the rest of us that were new (and seasoned players too....) YOU ARE BROKE. There is an art to being a 'baller on a budget. Both markers are a great way to start. Lets make this easy.

Spyder Pro's
  • Smaller design - If you are playing more speedball than anything else, you need/want the compactness.
  • More upgrades - I'm saying that all of them are bigger/better/more worth than the Tippmann upgrades. There are more. You wnt to make a makrer yours with your style and flavor? This is the better way to go.
  • High rates of fire - This is without electro upgrades.
  • Easier internals - I know I'll get a ton of discussion out of this one... The Tippmann has LESS internals, but they are smaller and easier to lose.
  • LP convertable - A VERY fun way to add the value (not resale value) to your marker.
  • Standard - It's not hard to find parts.
Spyder Con's
  • Lower reliability rate - This is mainly a problem with newbies and ones unfamiliar with how the stacked tube blowbacks work.
  • Made for the tinkerer - If you are NOT ready to mess with a gun like no other, then don't get a Spyder.
  • Higher Maintainance - Essentially, more of what I said in the top too things above. This statement just covers the less-than-specifics.
  • Composite grip frames - They just plain suck.
Tippmann Pro's
  • Built like a tank - These mofo's will shoot with sand in them! Don't do it for a test and DEFNINITELY don't do it for a long time.
  • Upgradeable - Not as many parts as a Spyder, but a decent amount of upgrades and configurations.
  • Standard - Just like Spyders, you can get a ton of parts from most any paintball related source.
  • LP convertable - If you are looking to tinker and do an LP conversion, the Tippmann Model 98 does a decent job at creating air efficiency. Not as fun doing the conversion like a Spyder, but the same end results.
  • Simple inline design - Not much can go wrong with a marker built like an M98.
  • Flatline Barrel - There is nothing like it. Yeah, it's available on a 'Cocker, but this is the true original.
Tippmann Con's
  • Non-standard barrel threading - Yes, there are a ton of barrels out there for the M98. No, the threading really isn't standard. Minorly a limitation compared to most every other marker out there.
  • LOOOOONG - If you don't like the rifle-like feel of the M98, then this probably isn't the marker for you.
  • Flatline Barrel - This also goes along with the long aspect... It just gets longer fron there. Also, you may be gaining distance but you also gain more bounces at long range and you lose a TON of accuracy at normal ranges. (Short range is no biggie)
  • Too many things to lose - The damn trigger assembly is comprised of a ton of loose pins and there are tiny springs and other various pieces all over the place.
  • Drop forwards don't help much - The addition of a DF on a M98 doesn't really shorten the amount of space YOU take up. You still have to wing your front arm to grab the front grip.

There are probably a ton of other things that I could list. I tried to keep it right down the middle (this is coming from a Spyder beeotch) I know this is going to generate some negative discussion towards me. Just remember, I'm only trying to help and move the discussion along.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:27 PM #32
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Thumbs up I overlooked that...

Gigante is right. When it comes down to it... Just go out for a little while and just use them. Borrow them from a friend(s) and see how it feels when you are running around with each one.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:22 PM #33
sp|2ay & P|2ay

trust me the tippmann is ten times better then a Sonix. Soo listen to me i shot both before. Sonix isnt that really accercy but when i shot the tippmann it hit the same spot twice over lepping eachother.
Only Angels Shall FLY!!!!!Woot
Old 03-06-2002, 06:24 PM #34
sp|2ay & P|2ay

Also tippmann custom 98 is more for players around the field. Mid, Back, Front if you ask me because you can upgrade the gun into them spots on the field!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:48 PM #35
gigante

not to be a jerk, but this test has no value. you shooting both guns, not mounted to anything, getting two tippy shots that overlap. it doesnt amount to much. all the accuracy comes from barrel to paint match and air pressure consistancy. since i assume we are talking both markers stock, neither has a regulator and would be basically from paint to barrel match. i know you may now believe that the tippy shoots better and thats fine for you to believe, it just shouldnt be taken as absolute truth. if you took the sonix and the 98, used the same barrel and paint, mounted them, and still got results (with many shots from both, which it seems you didnt do with your 'test') that were heavily favoring the tippy, i would give your test more value. just my opinion

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
Old 03-06-2002, 06:51 PM #36
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

lol same with spyders
Old 03-06-2002, 06:51 PM #37
gigante

also, you can upgrade a spyder to be for front middle back also. probably more so if only because the stacked tube makes it more compact for those front players

edit: i just type to slow. pbwannabe has got it

flickr

Last edited by gigante : 03-06-2002 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:02 PM #38
sp|2ay & P|2ay

but thats where your wrong buddy i shot brass Eagle balls and shot with the stock barrel. i was standing about 30 yds. and the two,.. iam sry 3 balls that i shot where not a inch apart.
But no hard feelings on your opinion tho! =P
Old 03-06-2002, 08:04 PM #39
sp|2ay & P|2ay

lol you guys type to fast what i am talking about is the one where you are talking about : not to be a jerk, but this test has no value. you shooting both guns, not mounted to anything, getting two tippy shots that overlap. it doesnt amount to much. all the accuracy comes from barrel to paint match and air pressure consistancy. lol
Old 03-06-2002, 08:16 PM #40
gigante

it still isnt very reliable since they werent mounted to anything. maybe you can shoot the tippy better than the spyder, but i am not convinced it is any more accurate because of what causes accuracy. up to my other post if you dont remember. (not just you sp|2ay & P|2ay) there isnt anything different about the way the two work that affects accuracy.

(3 shotsis not a significant number for an accuracy test)

oh and i left out on my other post to have a good comparison, you would need a regulated air source

flickr
Old 03-07-2002, 09:33 AM #41
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

One thing to add with the mix...

All the info I stated above to help out was for STOCK config markers. Either one, the M98 or Spyder. Spyder-wise, I'm talking about the starter Compacts... Not the higher end ones. My Spyder (BEFORE my RAIL kit upgrade) was shooting on the supposed miracle accuracy of a 'Cocker. All my friends that I play with rip on me all the time because I shoot with a Spyder, I just remind them who plays back/tape for them and who covers their *** while their at the 50 unjamming their 'Cocker. The main reason my Spyder shoots with the best of them is because of how much TLC I've put into my marker. It fits my style of play and I'm happy with the performance. If, for some odd reason, I pick up an M98... I'd be able to get the same results out of it. The key player in the whole debate is the face that (MY PERSONAL OPINION) I don't like the long feel of the M98. It doesn't fit my style of play. I have other firends/teammates that run with some chopped down M98s (we call them Micro-98s) and they play a mean game of SpeedBall! It fits their style of play. We swapped markers and we all played like ***. Give us some time to get to know the markers and things would be better... Anyway, I'm rambling. You guys get ther idea.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:04 PM #42
WakaWaka11

unjamming their cockers, wutever, they must not know how to time it, or take care of it. Id trust a cocker over a spyder anyday.Much more reliable