PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-02-2002, 04:56 PM #1
JJGgvl320

has been a member for 10 years
Unhappy Bad circuit board?

Well, since I've had my Excalibur, I have not really been all that happy with it. It likes to chop. Luckily for me, Team static is close by and I have got the opinion of one of their players, he told me that it is probably a bad circuit board. It is killing the batteries(that is why it is chopping). I had this gun go through a brand new 9 volt in maybe 200 shots.It does vary though. I have gone through a whole week without taking the battery out and it didnt seem to even drain the battery in the slightest. I did a little comparison, we have 2 Excals on my team (#358-mine, and #370- a real pretty acid wash blue unmilled) in #370, it has had 8-10 cases of paint through it, and the owner did not have to change the battery once, that is about 8 weeks worth of use, I put 200 shots through #358 one day and it started choppin like a beast. So I figured Ill just change the battery, i was able to put maybe a case of paint through it before it started choppin again. So my question is this: is AKA coming out with a new board any time soon, if they are when, if it is not soon, should I wait to send my gun in so I can get a new board? Thanks a lot. Sorry if it sounds like im rambling, im really tired so i dont really know what im saying. lol
Green Acid Wash Excalibur #00358
14" Freak AA tip.
Centerflag Dynaflow 68/4500
Green Bushmaster LCD
12" Freak
Air America Armageddon 68/4500
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2002, 07:30 PM #2
Wizardry
Oldest AKA GunWhore

Wizardry is a founding member
Chopping?

Hi,

It could be battery or it could be that you are out running your hopper. Are you shooting it extremely fast when it starts to chop? Also, are you using the same brand batteries that your friend is using? At the field I play at, First Strike, there are four Excaliburs and all work flawlessly. It may be a bad board but it could be several other things. Remember not all batteries are 9v. I use the Planview rechargeables and they are 9.6v. I change my battery after each day of play.

By the way I live in Gainesville too. PM me if you want to talk voice.

Thanks,

WIZ

Last edited by Wizardry : 03-03-2002 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:59 AM #3
JJGgvl320

Well, we were using two completely different types of batterys, but he is using Walgreen special batteries... I was using brand new Energizer Max batterys. I am also going to be trying out a new hopper pretty soon. I will be ordering either a Richochet or a Halo, havent decided yet. I am quite fond of the Richochets. No, I was not shooting extremely fast. I was at maybe 3 bps. But that was not stop shooting.

Now, Wizardry, if you live in Gainesville, and play at FS, then I imagine you know Jim Q, and Luke -- I know that they both are shooting Excals. I play at a field in Lake Butler, its called Adrenalin Junkies. Is it true that First Strike had a couple of Air Ball fields stolen?

I have got the gun checked out by Jimmy Woods, Im sure that you also know him. He has done all the repair work, etc. to my gun. The LP is fine on the gun (75psi). I have had the gun go through batterys very fast on more than one occasion. It has done it to me with Energizers, Duracells, and Rayovac Rechargables. (i have no clue what they are rated at).

You may have seen me at First Strike before, I used to have a Black Spyder compact with an 18" Freak, and a 68ci tank on it. With no DF. It was rediculously long. You would have to think back a long time though. I only played at the original First Strike, I have yet to go to it since it moved to Newberry.
Green Acid Wash Excalibur #00358
14" Freak AA tip.
Centerflag Dynaflow 68/4500
Green Bushmaster LCD
12" Freak
Air America Armageddon 68/4500