PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-02-2002, 03:06 PM #1
Ares146

has been a member for 10 years
Question I have a question about a BrassEagle Avenger and a Tippmann model 98

Does a guy with a BrassEagle Avenger have a chance against somebody with a Tippmann model 98 custom if they are battleing with em?????

(if they have the exact same tacktics and experiance)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2002, 03:45 PM #2
Black Ice 72
Banned

1 on 1 is usually purely about luck. Of course some aspects of it require skill, aggression, etc. Also, the gun DOES indeed play a role. A gun that has a higher rate of fire and is less likely to mess something up or break paint will also be an advantage. A good paint to barrel match will keep the balls accurate ensuring a nice chance to get a hit on him when he is most vulnerable.

Let's say for instance that indeed you and another player went one on one and you were equally skilled, like a clone.

I would put my money on the Model 98, but that is just because I like them.

The TRUE winner will be the person who has better accuracy that day, better consistency, and better situations.

A teammate and I go one on one quite frequently and it is always back and forth. It all depends on how our guns are operating and the position we initially take on the field.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:26 PM #3
Ares146

Question

Well......less say that the person with the BrassEagle Avenger had a little bit more skill....and had a After market barrel on it....and the guy with the Tippmann model 98 had a stock barrel.....then will the guy with the BrassEagle Avenger have a chamce against the guy with the Tippmann model 98?????
Old 03-02-2002, 07:06 PM #4
Black Ice 72
Banned

Yes, of course. This is because he will have better accuracy (assuming that the new barrel fits the paint well and the model 98 stock barrel doesn't).

But, like I said, one on one has a lot of luck in it.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:56 PM #5
paintballpimp21
Team Bloodhounds

some days i feel like i would rather be lucky than good anyday! but i agree its all in the player. cause i heard about on one of the paintball videos out that Team Avalanche was beaten in a tourney with a team that shot Spyder extra's. they were paid to play with them and they beat an awesome team! so really its all in the person pulling the trigger!
Old 03-03-2002, 03:18 PM #6
SGT BiGGiE

i's assumeing your talking about Bad Company,i know hey did pretty well last year(4th place at world cup,and man was they fun to watch,favorite game i watched was bad company and aftershock),but back to the topic,as long as both guns are running smoothly and a good paint to barrel match it will depend on who gets the better position for the shot and who has the best lucky charm
Old 03-03-2002, 05:17 PM #7
Black Ice 72
Banned

yeah, definitely. The gun's performance that day plays a HUGE role.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:41 PM #8
sp|2ay & P|2ay

i think it all depends on the type of sitaution. like where are the two at and stuff but since iam a custom 98 user i would say it doesnt have a chance unless the dude with the avanger has a grenade to hit him with!
Only Angels Shall FLY!!!!!Woot