read this, its pretty funny

ignorance runs rampant in the WDP forum
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6201
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2001, 03:31 PM #2
Poodie
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
I love the comment, "I do lots a low pressure work and my older LCD runs @ 280psi, and your excalibur NO WAY runs lower." That gave me a laugh. Meaning before arguing he didnt even go to the AKALMP website or look around anywhere to check his facts. They do all sound 13 years old.

I like this one too. "not to say the pros have all the answers, but what pros use excaliburs?" Given that there are only like 200 excals out in public like Senor said.

Xenon223 and Adrenalin Junkie have some pretty good arguments . I am sorry but they made themselves look stupid in their posts

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21380
Old 06-22-2001, 04:45 PM #3
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
My Lord is there no cure for retardedness?

Yochi.
Old 06-22-2001, 06:47 PM #4
Rizzo
Yep.

There is also like 13 pro teams in the US. FIgure that they are 10 man exact. That is 130 "pros." If there are 200 guns, you can do the math and see that the chance of every single one of them having one is slim.

Rizzo

Visit Team Wiseguys, the 2000 ICC/NAAPSA State Novice Champions.
E-Mail me at nvoils@indy.net
AKALMP, inc. Factory Certified Technician

Proudly Sponsored By:

AKALMP, inc.
Allen Paintball Products, APP
Animal Paintball
Gator Joe's Paintball
Paintball Fun
Paintball News
PaintballStickers.com
Unique Pro Gear
Old 06-22-2001, 07:04 PM #5
grinch
here we go........

I just put a post in their and went off on them..dont think it will matter though..you could hit those peolpe upside the head with a board and I dont think it make a difference.. God I hate stupid people..Its not that they like angels better its that they have dumb reasons.." well the pros use them""'..really.."'hey danny love just jumped in front of a moving truch..he,s a pro I gues I should do it too!"' I could care less if somone likes an angel over a excalibur just have you ***** together and give me a good reason why. you dont like the feel of the trigger or somthing ..what ever but man the reasons they had wher just dumb. " well they dont sponcer anyone...um.... I gues the gun sucks!" " hi Im a ratard!"
can you tell those people make me mad??
balling is our biss!
Old 06-22-2001, 07:35 PM #6
Rizzo
Yep.

Quote:
Originally posted by grinch
...um.... I gues the gun sucks!" " hi Im a ratard!"
Do you really need to call him a rat turd? I think that is a little out of line.
Rizzo

Visit Team Wiseguys, the 2000 ICC/NAAPSA State Novice Champions.
E-Mail me at nvoils@indy.net
AKALMP, inc. Factory Certified Technician
Old 06-22-2001, 08:24 PM #7
DuBri
F*** the police

Agree with youall, angel owners are sometimes a bit irational

A kid about 12 showed up at my field, showed off his new C&C LCD, then in the first game shot off everything in his 500 rd harness without hitin jack. He was using full auto, which the field does not allow, and it was ovious from his posture that he was just a rich newb. I love that post on the angel thread where the guy says angels are better because they have a higher ROF. Ya by 2 bps. Same argument is made against shockers. If you can pull the trigger 13 times a sec then sure do it but do you need an LCD screen and 26 modes of fire when youll just have to lock it all for a tourney anyway? Oh and I love how he said excals are a bit expensive but later that you can get real nice AA angels for 1750.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:33 PM #8
grinch
here we go........

well said dubri..And Im afraid of asking $1550.00 for our custom excaliburs!! this guy says 1750.00 when an excalibur costs like 1300.00 or somthing?
sorry rizzo..i gave in to the darkside and called him a rattard...I hope to have all my vowels memorized by saturday...DOH!
balling is our biss!
Old 06-22-2001, 09:36 PM #9
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
Hate the player, not the gun.

Yes I agree though, too many brats with Angels out there.
Old 06-23-2001, 12:39 AM #10
grinch
here we go........

love the gun..alot of players should be taken out of the sport...you never see people get that pumped about a stingray..now that would be funny!
balling is our biss!
Old 06-23-2001, 12:51 AM #11
DuBri
F*** the police

Well the hate the player not the gun thing works both ways for me. I usually hate angel owners(although I have met a few who are pretty cool guys) but when it comes to the BE stuff I really just hate the gun. While walking to a distant playing field last weekend I had a long conversation with a 10 yr. old w/stingray. I was using my friends semi tricked verticle feed shocker, a big nitro tank and all, and was getting some wierd looks from the other experienced and/or rich newbs. The kid explained how he didnt like the supair fields much because it gives all the "expensive gun people" to much of an advantage. I really dont mind angels much its just that they are way overhyped and people with them like to flaunt them a bit to much. While I'm at it I also hate people who yell "YOUR HIT YOUR HIT $&%$&&%$&" and or "REF CHECK HIM CHECK HIM!!!!" every 5 seconds until the ref just ingnores them. Maybe youall dont see many people like that but I do.
Old 06-23-2001, 01:46 AM #12
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
lol dubri... as an Angel owner.. I also hate all that crud, it's annoying. "My gun's the best cuz it's an Angel" it fits the same with cockers and some other guns "You're hit!!! Check him" "dude... that ball bounced off a bunker 8 ft away" There are idiots everyone... it only seems that paintball has more thant it's share.
Old 06-23-2001, 03:58 AM #13
DuBri
F*** the police

The only time I find it appropriate to yell your hit your hit is if you gog them or hit them in an inconspicious spot(back of the pack or mask visor). My friend used to pull that hollering crap and I could hardly resist shooting him in the @ss and yelling YER HIT YER HIT! I think its just amusing to yell your hit when you gog them though. I know they know but I have seen people try to wipe it
Old 06-23-2001, 04:44 AM #14
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

LOL or if a friend is being a jerk.... you yell that while they're walking off, lol, but only in a scrimmage.. where other people aren't gonna get annoyed, then there's the ever-so-annoying "check it ref.. on your foot"
Old 06-23-2001, 02:43 PM #15
grinch
here we go........

your both so correct on everything..I love my angel as well and hate the "YOUR HIT!! OH MY GOD REF CHECK HIIIIIIIIM!!"
people as well and I play tourneys..in a tourneys sittuation its called for but in rec ball?? comon man world cups not on the line here...Its an adrenalin thing i gues..it just gets pumping and the mouth just gets going.
balling is our biss!
Old 06-23-2001, 09:12 PM #16
Skyssx

I dont consider myself an ******* and I use a LED. While I like my angel im not so biased I cant see its flaws. The new angels from WDP have thin anno and scratch like crazy, on a 1200 dollar gun that is unacceptable. My LED uses more gas than I would like, I have a series 2 eclipse LED with stock govnair vertical reg, AKA LPR, and a 68ci 4500 PSI hyperflow. I get around 200-300 shots per thousand PSI of air, while that equates to 800-1200 shots per tank, the last half of those go 50 feet and drop. How many EFFECTIVE shots can an excal get on a 68/45... say not dropping below 250 FPS. If your claims of 2000 per tank are true I would guess 1000? I like the simplicity of the angel and you can find parts for it anywhere. The metal used in angels is a little too soft for my tastes but its a tradeoff for weight. As for the design of the angel not being well thought out, it is pretty much identical to the excal but minus the independant bolt. The LEDs have a little more kick to them than the LCDs which I like, I can ride the trigger into a quasi-FA state. I dont mind the trigger side to side play, I really dont notice it. I may spring 15 bux for the andrenalin trigger play removement job so I can shorten my trigger as much as possible.

Are any of you going to the Michigan monster game at Hells Survivors this july? I would LOVE to meet you and try out your gun as I have not shot an excal yet. Unlike most people I dont form solid opinions about a gun until I have shot it for a while.
Old 06-23-2001, 10:05 PM #17
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

sky.. that's weird.. I'm using a 99 SE Angel with an 88/4500 HyperFLow, stock valve, LPR and reg, with a cobra bolt, and it gets the equivalent of 3500 from a full 4500 psi fill (yes, it IS true... I have a few witnesses to this, my gun is just "enchanted" or something) And those are all at the same velocity, too. Generally.. all but that last little bit of air, where the tank pressure drops below the operating pressure, will be at the same velocity
Old 06-23-2001, 10:38 PM #18
grinch
here we go........

see their are intelegent angel owners out their. why cant everyone be like that.
I,ll be at the monster game..I,ll be hanging with the aka guys and the topstitch pack guys.
I,ll have my excalibur their as well..used it today..I love that gun..then I got a tricked out bushy in my hands...god I love those guns too..that died so I had to shoot my adrenalin angel..god I love that gun ..Im a *****.........
balling is our biss!
Old 06-24-2001, 02:53 PM #19
fuzzboxvoodoo2k

idoits in paintball

there reason paintball has more than it's fare share is you have to be crazy enough to be shot at. some of that crazyness derives from stupidity. so dont expect much and to all you so aclaimed genuios players please do not take offense although i would like you to rember at one time or another you have done it atleast once.

I leave you with. "ref check him! Check him!!!"
Old 06-24-2001, 03:33 PM #20
GhettoVampyre

Actually, the "check him, check him" I feel is more that appropriate in tourney ball...many people try to wipe nowadays. Plus, when you yell "got him" that informs the rest of your teamates that a player from the other team has been eliminated. This is not neccessary in rec ball...but I really don't play rec that often anyways.

Silver 2.1 2k2 dark angel lcd - pred on the way
68 ci 4500 hyperflow 201
"Ignorance is not an excuse"
"I Hate Stupid F**king People"
My Feedback
Old 06-25-2001, 12:06 AM #21
Sully
What Would Charon Do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyssx
My LED uses more gas than I would like, I have a series 2 eclipse LED with stock govnair vertical reg, AKA LPR, and a 68ci 4500 PSI hyperflow. I get around 200-300 shots per thousand PSI of air, while that equates to 800-1200 shots per tank, the last half of those go 50 feet and drop. How many EFFECTIVE shots can an excal get on a 68/45... say not dropping below 250 FPS. If your claims of 2000 per tank are true I would guess 1000?
The Excal can run the tank down to below 300 psi and still be shooting 275. At my store, we hooked an Excal up to a air compressor (150 psi output) and it chronos at 210-215. So effectively, I guess you could get over 2000 effective shots off of a Full 68/4500 (Assuming that you lost 500 psi after the tank cooled, and you don't run the tank down to less than 500 psi) Auctionjunkie or Rizzo should be able to back this up, they have used theirs more than I have.
As far as your Angel is concerned, I have a series 3 Eclipse w/AKA LPR, Valve, Bolt Reg and running a 68/4500 I'm getting 1500-1700 easy. You might want to have it checked/tuned up for optimal performance.

Quote:

Are any of you going to the Michigan monster game at Hells Survivors this july? I would LOVE to meet you and try out your gun as I have not shot an excal yet. Unlike most people I dont form solid opinions about a gun until I have shot it for a while.
Auctionjunkie, Rizzo and a couple more Excal usere will deff be there. I believe that AKA will be settin up a booth, and I might be there also. It depends on what the $$$$situation is at the time.

Hope it helped.