PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-01-2002, 03:52 PM #1
blackrob3801

has been a member for 10 years
Question spyder tl plus (to buy or not to buy)

my friend is sellng a fairly new spyder tl plus for $80 but he said that he thinks the co2 is freezing up in his gun because when he fires it rapidly it makes the sound as if it has run out of c02 but then the next shot it is fine, my questions are 1)is this the problem? 2)how can it be fixed? 3) how much would it cost to fix it? 4)and is it a good deal? Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2002, 05:47 PM #2
MarbsMan2715

ok

ok i have had the problem on my TL plus Cost: 0$ Price is good so buy it. The problem is his co2 tank isnt screwed in all the way and even if that isnt the problem u can recock it in like 2 seconds its not that big of a deal or u can go online and buy one for 130 u choose ide much rather get a 80$ gun that u have to recock every once in a while with a new CP one peice barrel than have a new stock TL plus. Thats just me, what do you other poeple think

PS: thats not the problem rapid fire would not cuase ure gun to freeze up from co2 and plus that almost impossible if not that it would freeze it so badley that it would need to recock. Lets just say its very unlikely. anyways take the gun but dont tell him thats the problem cuase then he will be like o never mind i will keep it, it has happend to me, this noob was going to sell me a gun for cheap because it wouldnt work right or something and i knew the problem so i told him...big mistake didnt get a Shutter fo 45$ thats SS hose came loose. rofl suks for me

Last edited by MarbsMan2715 : 03-01-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:08 PM #3
CommandoPaintballer

Exclamation Tl +

The problem sounds like he has the velocity set wrong, or way to high. If you get a regulator it should fix the problem. Also, I recommend having or buying a tank with a anti syphon tube. That would help or basically stop all problems with the liquid c02 getting in the gun. for $80 ? sounds like a good deal. If it is a tl+ that is a tourny level gun. I suggest using N2 if compatible. Also, check all the O-rings inside the gun. Sometimes they will break or be totally missing! But, they wont leak and they will still cause the gun to burp while shooting large amounts. My shutter did it once and it was the regulator and also a o-ring was cracked.
Old 03-03-2002, 02:01 PM #4
TeamDynamic
Your Gone Thank U!!

just get a cheap electrio
get like a bushy or em1 i heard they are like the same thing.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:30 PM #5
Kincobra1

TL pluses suck. All Spyders stink except for the EM1. Spyders=Bad. Piranhas=good. Get a Piranha. They are better .My friend has a TL plus...and his looks hella ugly now after the upgrades he put on it. He is in love with my basic Piranha. Get a Piranha, they r more comfortable and lighter.

"You Know Your Paintball Addict When..."
Quote:
Originally posted by DYEkidDJ
when u get in a sleeping bag and roll around ur house yelling "i'm a mummy...i'm a mummy.....and i want to nibble on cookies"
Old 03-03-2002, 08:26 PM #6
sp|2ay & P|2ay

Piranhas sux *** dude i dont know what the hell you talking about. I rather have an Spyder then a piece of **** piranhas!!!

Plus it is a good gun for 80 i would get it then tune it up and sell it for even more.
Only Angels Shall FLY!!!!!Woot
Old 03-03-2002, 09:02 PM #7
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

pirahnas are nice guns dude... but u cant beat $80 i seen the gun it looks nice dont know how it performs personally but the kid didnt seem to have a prob with it today
Old 03-04-2002, 02:57 PM #8
MarbsMan2715

lol

Your dumb Pirahnas are nothin compared to spyder and yes i have plyed with both so dont go pissin on me I like my TL Plus better than the Pirahna. My gun look tite after a PMI Drop SPAA and all the other suff in my sig i dunno wut you talkin bout but you need to stop. Go buy it its nuthing substansial to the gun
Old 03-04-2002, 04:43 PM #9
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

i aint gonna go on and flame u (which i could with ease) but all i sed that pirahnas were not bad i never sed anything about spyder's i have 1 myself
Old 03-04-2002, 05:57 PM #10
sp|2ay & P|2ay

qiut all the conmotion and get on the subject yes Black Rob i would definetly buy that gun!
Old 03-04-2002, 06:54 PM #11
Black Ice 72
Banned

Re: lol

Quote:
Originally posted by MarbsMan2715
Your dumb Pirahnas are nothin compared to spyder and yes i have plyed with both so dont go pissin on me I like my TL Plus better than the Pirahna. My gun look tite after a PMI Drop SPAA and all the other suff in my sig i dunno wut you talkin bout but you need to stop. Go buy it its nuthing substansial to the gun
I'll bet you everything I have that your TL has more money into it than the Pirahna that you shot. That is the reason WHY it shot better.

Little grammar wouldn't hurt...

Last edited by Black Ice 72 : 03-04-2002 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:24 PM #12
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

ty black atleast some1 has a brain around here
Old 03-05-2002, 06:04 PM #13
sp|2ay & P|2ay

Pbwannabe you are right that dude Marbmans or what ever the FFFFFUUUUCCKKKKS his name is a fricking idoit he comes and tlka stuff like he knows what the hell he is t;laing about!!!
Old 03-06-2002, 03:27 PM #14
MarbsMan2715

er right

um yeah i do know wut im talkin about and yes the one i did shoot did have much more money into that the Pirahna but that was just your point. You said the Pirahna you had shot better than his Fully upgraded TL Plus. This is a Thread about a TL plus and a problem with it, not about if its good or not so lets get back to the subject.

If i were you i would go buy that thing rite away. It will be a good gun for the same amount as a Compact 2k? nice..go buy it
Old 03-06-2002, 03:30 PM #15
MarbsMan2715

lol your stupid look what you put

Spray you need to be quite. Look what you put

Quote:
Piranhas sux *** dude i dont know what the hell you talking about. I rather have an Spyder then a piece of **** piranhas!!!
don't even act like you haven't done anything.

O ya dont act like you know all this stuff about Spyders when you have a Tippman. Nothin agaist tippmans or anything but they are totally different guns and i doubt you would know about them when you have a Tippman and yes i do know lots of stuff about spyders...becuase i own one and i have shot a Tipmann (with alot more money into than my spyder) and i like my spyder better still. So just Stop the flames

Last edited by MarbsMan2715 : 03-06-2002 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:32 PM #16
blackrob3801

how bout u get back on the subject

like you said the subject was about what is wrong with the gun dipsh**. yes i am going to buy the gun but that doesnt solve the problem of whats wrong with it
Old 03-06-2002, 03:35 PM #17
MarbsMan2715

sorry

Sorry man i got off topic. I dont know what would be wrong with it if it is doing that. Hmm i have never had that prob, you might try next time you go and play talk to the airsmiths at your local field and see if they can find out what is wrong with it. I cant think of anything