Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-01-2002, 01:21 AM #1
Sexcalibur

has been a member for 10 years
BD Problem

hoping someone can help me out here...

My brother recently picked up a Black Dragun, the problem is is that he cannot get it to any decent velocity. I have tried turning the thumb velocity adjuster all the way in, out, etc..I also tried turning the reg up, all to no avail. It seems to be shooting about 120 Fps would be my guess. Anyone know what could be wrong? Fresh battery in it, im running out of idea's...

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2002, 09:54 AM #2
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

This one should be pretty straightforward. You need a stiffer striker spring. Purchase a Maddman or 32 Degrees Spring Kit (for a Spyder) from somewhere, and try the different springs. The velocity adjuster on the BD has about 7 full rotations, give or take, so ideally you want to use a spring that gives you the desired velocity in about the middle of the adjustable range.

The second cheaper option is to go to the store where you purchased the marker, and they should be willing to give you a stiffer mainspring. That might get you up and going the fastest.
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ
Old 03-03-2002, 11:24 PM #3
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
What gas source are you using? N2, co2? What's the output pressure? or is the tank cold? did you remove the valve?

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 03-06-2002, 10:15 AM #4
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

There definitely are several potential causes, but one of my BDs had the same issue, and from your description, I am fairly confident that the culprit is a hammer spring that is too weak.

I'd still suggest your first step is to either have the shop give you a stiffer spring, or just buy the Maddman Spring Kit. And to turn your reg back to ~800psi.
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ