Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-08-2004, 05:43 PM #1
raymius (Banned)
250 Pounds of ATTITUDE

raymius is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Feedback for vIcToR sTaR

I will start a thread for vIcToR sTaR, as I need to ensure that people see his feedback. I want to post this quickly to prove that I have not had this barrel that long.

I bought a Dye ultralite barrel from vIcToR sTaR. Here are the details.

Link to barrel Thread:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=631791

If you click the link it says the barrel is:
"~Perfect cond, never used in a game, only taken out of the tube and screwed on my gun"

Packaging:
He unscrewed the barrel, as it would fit together, and put it in a padded envelope wrapped in a paper towel. I have bought lots of barrels, but have never seen anyone that used a padded envelope with no extra padding or protection around the threads. I recived the envelope on the 7th of September. He did not insure the package.

The barrel:
I removed the barrel and looked at it. It has numerous dings down to the bare aluminum, and chips off the tip (see pictures). There is also more ships on the shaft of the barrel and some scoring on the interior also, but I can get any pictures of that. The most disturbing thing was the dent that existed on the back of the barrel where it screws into the gun. The dent is so severe that it created a burr in the inside of the barrel that you can feel with your finger. If you can feel it with your finger the paintball will feel it when it passes by at around 200 FPS. This damage basically makes the back useless as the dent is actually so deep that it makes the flange slightly out of round.

His response:
I immediately sent him a message to let him know of my dissatisfaction. His response was that I caused all this damage and it was perfect before he shipped it. As you can see by the date he mailed it, I have only had this barrel for less than 24 hours. There is no way I did this damage. I did not drop it or do anything with it other than screw it together and take pictures of it. You would have to put for some effort to get a “Perfect cond” barrel to this state in 24 hours.

Summary:
There is not way this barrel was in "Perfect cond" when he shipped it. I am out over 50 bucks for an unusable back that has seen at least six months of use. There is no way this is “only taken out of the tube and screwed on my gun”, and if it is, then he bought this from someone else that used it for 6 months. He does not take responsibility for his words, and is a very poor seller. Do not trust his descriptions. He did ship it quickly, but getting something broken fast is not really a positive. I will not deal with him again, and you should avoid him at all costs.

Picutre of Packaging: (Notice the ship date)

Picutre of barrel front: (notice chips)

Picutre of dent on the back of the barrel:

Last edited by raymius : 09-08-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2004, 11:46 PM #2
vIcToR sTaR
Shootin Faces Since '88

has been a member for 10 years
My Response:

i have tried talking to him, showing him the pics i took, and my feedback. I DID NOT RIP THIS GUY OFF, IN THE PICTURES, THERE WERE NO SCRATCHES, NO DINGS, NO SILVER MARKS.

i have no feedback on this guy, besides the buyer-type feedback, like "fast payment," or "Quick Buyer A+++" i have no idea on gauging his honesty regarding internet transactions.

THIS BARREL LEFT MY HOUSE IN GREAT CONDITION, AND I HAVE NUMEROUS PEOPLE, INCLUDING FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT WILL VOUCH THAT THIS BARREL HAS DONE NOTHING BUT SIT, SCREWED INTO MY BLM WHILE IT HAS BEEN IN VARIOUS STATES OF DISREPAIR.

this damage is consistant with dropping and rough handling, not being screwed into a gun and laid down on carpeting for 2 months.

he has not bothered to put paint through the barrel to back up his alleged "bur" on the back.

i can supply pm's regarding the details of this transaction and the subsiquent conversations after he received the package, i have nothing to hide.