PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2014, 09:54 PM #1
jekl

has been a member for 10 years
Blind NYX Matrix

I had a Tri-Fade NYX Matrix when they first came out...many moons ago. Now I want one again.
My question is, did it have eyes back then?

And what would I need to do to put eyes in if I bought one.

Thanks
Justin
jekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2014, 10:20 PM #2
Scatlm
equilibrium

All NYX's came with eyes. The very early NYX's came with the externally wired eyes, which were prone to tear and wear. If it's a first gen NYX, then you'd need to drill it for internal eyes. The original external NYX Egi eye-sets are next to impossible to find...

So that being said, your best bet is to go internal. In the case of the first gens. you'd have to drill two holes, get a set of NYX Egi eyes, a vision breech, and an eye-carrier. If it's a later-model NYX, then just skip the part about drilling the holes as they already come factory ready. You would just need the parts.

Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 PM #3
MaToCa
www.FXAnodizing.com

MaToCa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Did you know the team actually shot unmilled Gen E prototypes. The ones I saw were gloss black.

Marty Garrison sold 2 to our teammates. I think there was 20 total, they were always going down, so they had a bunch of extras.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3998482
Anodizing
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3719499

War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
MaToCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:31 PM #4
jekl

I got the Tri-Fade that I wanted. I did not have a hopper or paint in the gun. I turned the gun on, the light turned on solid green and when I pressed the trigger it blinked green and the gun cycles. It has external wire for the eyes

. Can someone tell me if the eyes are broken and what I need to do to fix this issue.

The board says v3.4 on it.

Thank you in advance
Justin

Last edited by jekl : 08-15-2014 at 10:51 PM.
jekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:21 PM #5
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekl View Post
I got the Tri-Fade that I wanted. I did not have a hopper or paint in the gun. I turned the gun on, the light turned on solid green and when I pressed the trigger it blinked green and the gun cycles. It has external wire for the eyes

. Can someone tell me if the eyes are broken and what I need to do to fix this issue.

The board says v3.4 on it.

Thank you in advance
Justin
Hey, I think you PM'ed me on eBay regarding the Matrix breech w/ the external NYX eyes. I messaged you back, but just to reiterate; if you're getting a solid green light, that means the eye-sensor is not working properly. It lost contact at some point in the eye-assembly. It could be either a loose/broken wire at the board-connector end, or a broken contact at the opposite end where the actual eye (sensor) is. Determine which end is the culprit, if it's the external eye-wire end, then yes. The breech with NYX eyes will fix your problem and give your NYX vision again.

Hope that helps a bit more

Last edited by Scatlm : 08-17-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2014, 12:47 PM #6
Scatlm
equilibrium

When you turn it on it's supposed to be a solid red, BTW. Which means the eyes sensor is ready, but there is no ball in the breech. And if you pass your finger through the feeding-end, then the light should turn green showing a registration. To dry fire it, turn the eyes off (blinking red)

But a solid green is a no-go

Last edited by Scatlm : 08-16-2014 at 05:32 PM.