Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-24-2004, 10:19 AM #22
Armorer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Xnuke
Why don't you get a real job. Your a professional student masquerading as someone who thinks they know something about firearms and ballistics. The only expanding gas around here is from your *** and your buddy has his head in the cloud.
This would be amusing were it not for the fact that there are a lot of people out there who believe what you say. They don't realize your just repeating information you find somewhere else and sometimes don't even get that right. YOU ARMORER ARE A FRAUD.
Just for info I was a comissioned officer and didn't swab decks. We had people who couldn't find themselves like Armorer doing that.
DISMISSED
I must protest the above statements as blatant flaming. I am a professional and the above remarks are made only for the point of trying to discredit me (defamation) and I consider them libel.
I dare anyone to check my articles line by line and check to see if they are plagiarized. As a college English teacher I can tell you right now that even a simple "Googling" of the phrasings will uncover whether or not the information has been written before. I stand by the originality and detail of the information I supply. If anything it exemplifies Xnuke’s complete disregard for administrative orders/requests/restrictions by both PBNation moderators and Ariakon. Furthermore, it is testimony to his belligerence and personal vendetta against Ariakon and myself.
I ask that this thread be closed due to the gross means by which it has been driven off topic by said hostile party. He has thoroughly failed to refute any of the information supplied by my companions and I, and is now only pushing the argument further to try and have us removed.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2004, 10:23 AM #23
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Why don't you get a real job. Your a professional student masquerading as someone who thinks they know something about firearms and ballistics. The only expanding gas around here is from your *** and your buddy has his head in the cloud.
I'd like to point this out...I challenge him to come up with evidence of his own and instead he results to personal attacks. Now, I know this was in part to Armorer's attacks on him...true... but the "your buddy has his head in the cloud" comment I'm assuming is directed at me.

Quote:

This would be amusing were it not for the fact that there are a lot of people out there who believe what you say. They don't realize your just repeating information you find somewhere else and sometimes don't even get that right. YOU ARMORER ARE A FRAUD.
Now, Xnuke, you were an arms master in the Navy? You delt with ordance and weapons testing, right? Oh, wait, no, that's not right, you were a Nuclear Propulsion Engineer. So what credentials does that give YOU for balistics testing? Considering Armorer's discussions on firearms with others who are trained in firearms on the Ariakon and THEIR acceptance of him as a knowledgable and credible source on firearms is enough for me.

You say all he's doing is repeating information he has heard elsewhere and this makes him a Fraud. So this means ANYONE with a PHd is a fraud since EVERYTHING they do/know/say they just got from somewhere else? Just wanting to clarify your definition of fraud.

As for where I'm getting my info on weapons testing...geee...let's see...oh yea...I'm getting it from the people I work with. And where do I work, a NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER. WE TEST WEAPONS FOR THE NAVY. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO. We are the ONLY independant weapons testing facility IN THE NATION. So, you know, when it comes to testing criteria and how you run a proper test and coming up with a purpose for the test...I'm going to go with them, not you.

Quote:
Your comparison with the Tippmann did not challenge the performance of the Flatline.
You mean did not challenge the RANGE of the flatline...it certainly challenged the accuracy of it under 75 feet...the purpose of the test.

Armorer's test was testing the perfomance of these barrels to hit their target at ranges under 75 feet. That's still testing the flatline's ACCURACY performance...not it's RANGE performance.

Quote:
How convenient; the results are comparable at 75 '.
Hence why they call it a comparison... Also, it wasn't convenient, that was the parameter of the test...to test accuracy at ranges where most paintball shootouts occure. You keep ignoring that.

Again, Tippmann owners say that the Flatline IS NOT ACCURATE at the ranges you wish to see the test.

Quote:
They would be for any paintball gun with a decent barrel.
I see some accuracy difference in that test that would be important to most people. I've seen major accuracy differences just from using different kinds of paint.

Quote:
You're the one doing the comparisons.
And you're the one saying they are flawed.

Quote:
Test the SIM4 against the Flatline was supposed to give you.
It's called a Direct Object...you left that out making this scentance a mess. Was supposed to give you WHAT? Anyway, if you're saying he needs to re-run the test again and include the longer ranges, no he doesn't. The argument here is whether or not there are enough shots taken at over 75 feet to make it a relevant test inclusion. Since the test was accuracy at RANGES WHERE MOST PAINTBALL SHOOTOUTS OCCURE (see a pattern here yet???) the longer ranges are not relevent criteria because those longer ranges are NOT WHERE MOST PAINTBALL SHOOTOUTS OCCURE. You want to disproove HIS test...YOU need to do a TEST OF YOUR OWN.

Quote:
Robotech admits Sniper rifles are silly except one being made by Scepter. So, buy it for looks , not performance. I'll remember that.
You need to stop putting words in my mouth. They way you're saying that it was like I said it wouldn't perform well. SINCE this marker isn't on the market yet who knows how it will perform. Considering it will use a WS style Hop-up barrel it should be very accurate and have range like a flatline since my WS already shows these charicteristics.

MY point was that just about EVERY marker I've seen marketed with the term Sniper (Sniper barrel, sniper rifle, et all) are no better at "Snipping" than any other similar marker. Perhaps the Sniper Barrel is more accurate than the stock barrel, but that can be said about many barrels that arn't called Sniper barrels.

Quote:
Just for info I was a comissioned officer and didn't swab decks. We had people who couldn't find themselves like Armorer doing that.
DISMISSED
Still doesn't make you a expert in firearms or performance testing. Besides, I've met Cheifs that have 10 times the common sense and knowledge that most officers have... Just because you were a commissioned officer doesn't automatically mean you know what you're talking about.

As is painfully obvious, and as very typical, you have your opinion and you wish to push it as fact. You have done NOTHING to prove your claim that the test is false. To do so would require you running the test and running it out to 200 feet to PROVE that the flatline is more accurate at those ranges. You do that, I'll listen. Until such time, you are all talk and nothing more.
GOOD-DAY cur.

Last edited by Robotech : 09-24-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:24 PM #24
Xnuke
Banned

You're both bringing tears to my eyes. BOO HOO
You apparently can't take the same treatment you give someone for simply pointing out inaccuracies in your posts.
Get over it.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:55 PM #25
Robotech

Yea...typical...

Apparently you can't come up with any actual responses when someone points out the inaccuracies in your posts.

First, I have no problems taking critisism...

Second, if anyone needs to get over anything its this hang up you have about including range into a test on accuracy.

Third, you really thought we gave a squat about your opinions? You did, didn't you...oh how cute...
Old 09-24-2004, 10:22 PM #26
Xnuke
Banned

ROBOTECH SAYS:
"As for where I'm getting my info on weapons testing...geee...let's see...oh yea...I'm getting it from the people I work with. And where do I work, a NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER. WE TEST WEAPONS FOR THE NAVY. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO. We are the ONLY independant weapons testing facility IN THE NATION.
IMPRESSIVE or sounds so

You make it sound as if that's what your involved in.

Here's a quote from Ariakon's web site:
"About the Author....Troy lives in California and started playing about 12 years ago as a stock class player. After a long layoff he recently got back into the sport, and plays regularly with his friends from the NAVY base where he works as a civilian contractor in charge of web design. Troy is also a regular contributor on our forums where he goes by the name "Robotech"."

WEB Design!!! You intentionally made it sound as if you were involved in Weapons testing. Nothing against web designers, but they're tripping over each other. Anybody can become a web designer taking on-line courses, community college or a few weeks or months at a computer school. Another FRAUD
Old 09-24-2004, 11:12 PM #27
WarHamster
Ablative Pointman

Umm yeah, You'll also notice that he never said he did work with the weapons himself. He said he got it from the people he works with... If it were a WEAPONS TESTING FACILITY I would assume that some of the people he works with probably do WEAPONS TESTING.

...Yet another failed attempt to attack and discredit someone rather then focus on their argument.

I'm done talking to you Xnuke. I'll be ignoring any and all future posts from you along these lines. It's impossible to win because once you get backed into a corner you just scurry off and either attack the people personally or start another argument...
Old 09-25-2004, 02:38 AM #28
Robotech

Quote:
ROBOTECH SAYS:
"As for where I'm getting my info on weapons testing...geee...let's see...oh yea...I'm getting it from the people I work with. And where do I work, a NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER. WE TEST WEAPONS FOR THE NAVY. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO. We are the ONLY independant weapons testing facility IN THE NATION. (following is part of the original post oddly left out by Xnuke in his quoteing me...) So, you know, when it comes to testing criteria and how you run a proper test and coming up with a purpose for the test...I'm going to go with them (as opposed to me if I were suggesting I was a tester), not you.
IMPRESSIVE or sounds so

You make it sound as if that's what your involved in.

Here's a quote from Ariakon's web site:
"About the Author....Troy lives in California and started playing about 12 years ago as a stock class player. After a long layoff he recently got back into the sport, and plays regularly with his friends from the NAVY base where he works as a civilian contractor in charge of web design. Troy is also a regular contributor on our forums where he goes by the name "Robotech"."

WEB Design!!! You intentionally made it sound as if you were involved in Weapons testing. Nothing against web designers, but they're tripping over each other. Anybody can become a web designer taking on-line courses, community college or a few weeks or months at a computer school. Another FRAUD
Thank you. Thank you for proving my point better than I ever could. Thank you for showing everyone here your true colors. Thank you for showing how you will go further to find information to defame and attack someone's personal charicter to make you look better than you will to come back with pertinant and relevent information to the topic at hand to defend, back, and prove your allegations. Thank you for providing a clear and accurate example of how poorly you can interpet clear posts written in the English language. Thank you for showing your mastery in twisting facts to fit whatever scenerio you want to present. Thank you for showing how when asked to proove your allegations your resort to these kinds of tactics. Thank you for showing us how you resort to childish behavior rather than acting like an officer and a gentleman that you claim you were. Thank you for prooving every one of the personal charicteristics people have mentioned about you as being absolutely correct.

But most of all, thank you for showing anyone and everyone who will read this thread that what matters to you isn't the players, or helping the new guys, or doing the right thing, or being reasonable, or working with others to make the sport better, or giving helpful, courtious, feedback in a possitive and non-beligerant way. Thank you for showing that the only thing that matters to you...is you.

I really have nothing more I can add to such a substantally wonderful quintisentially X-nukeish post or thread. As far as I'm concerned...there is nothing left here to discuss.

Last edited by Robotech : 09-25-2004 at 02:58 AM.