PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-06-2004, 12:51 AM #1
Rubberneck

has been a member for 10 years
Angry CRAP! Accidentally reset my O3's settings!

So I finally got my gloss red O3.. very happy with it so far.. I go to take it out on my first day of play and while trying to find the full-auto setting on the gun in bright sunlight, I see that I'm now in the reset settings option and it's blinking..... So.. I panic and decide to just power the gun off, hoping it will not accept the reset. No such luck.. turns out the power button is also the select button..

So yeah.. the gun fires horribly now.. The dwell is reset, so it just lays on the valve wayyyy too long... I blew through 4000 psi in my 68ci angel air within 500 shots (not dry fires..) On top of that, it's now much louder and won't fire quickly without hiccupping and breaking paint.

It fired so beautifully before this.. I was very impressed.

So, the question is.. am I pretty much screwed? Do I have to send this back to get properly "re-timed," or do I have to wait for the infamous data cable to be released to set my dwell?

My question is, why didn't they make the "reset" option bring it back to the way it was when I got it? Why does it go to a setting that doesn't even fire correctly? It's way too easy to reset this.. and now it's going to be extremely hard to get it back to where it was originally.

Any help/info would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

Old Feedback +4/-0
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2004, 02:26 AM #2
medicman5000
PM5

medicman5000 is a Supporting Member
Hmmmmmm sounds like you need to give odyseey a ring a ding. Also sounds like you need to read the owners manual. First thing I did was learn how not to reset the marker. That was after hearing some horror stories here. Id be willing to bet your going to have to send it in. That sucks!
Old 09-06-2004, 03:29 AM #3
CornMonkey
Gonads and Strife

oooh, sorry to hear that man.

i know nothing can be done about it without a data cable...perhaps you should call odyssey just to see what they say.

and i have no idea why odyssey isn't getting the cables out asap. i mean, if the programming is accidentally reset, the marker becomes almost unusable. i know the world cup is the time to debut all the nifty new stuff but this is obviously an ESSENTIAL piece of equipment of the O3 marker that current users NEED.

get the cables out now odyssey!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:52 AM #4
tex1

Thumbs up O3 Fix

There is a backdoor solution that seems to help.

In going over to Taiwan, there are a lot of projects that were found to be lacking. There was no progress in this department with our former partner but now that I'm over here we are pursuing these products as promised.

The easy solution is to plug the solenoid wiring into the top plug marked "sol". Remove it from the "val" plug and replace it in the top plug. This output will bring your gun back to life. Be careful not to damage the wires or the plug. This is the best alternative to sending your gun into us. It appears that this output never had the variable changed in the original software.

DATA cables are making progress and I should have the initial new software tested by the end of next week. I'll keep you guys informed.

TEX
Old 09-06-2004, 10:11 AM #5
Rubberneck

Re: O3 Fix

Quote:
Originally posted by tex1
There is a backdoor solution that seems to help.

In going over to Taiwan, there are a lot of projects that were found to be lacking. There was no progress in this department with our former partner but now that I'm over here we are pursuing these products as promised.

The easy solution is to plug the solenoid wiring into the top plug marked "sol". Remove it from the "val" plug and replace it in the top plug. This output will bring your gun back to life. Be careful not to damage the wires or the plug. This is the best alternative to sending your gun into us. It appears that this output never had the variable changed in the original software.

DATA cables are making progress and I should have the initial new software tested by the end of next week. I'll keep you guys informed.

TEX
So this should technically bring it back to the same specs as they were when I pulled the gun out of the box? I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks,
Mike

Old Feedback +4/-0
Old 09-06-2004, 07:27 PM #6
Rubberneck

Angry

UPDATE:

I did exactly what you suggested, tex... It did absolutely nothing.. the gun sounds a lot louder and kicks a lot more than when I took it out of the box... I calibrated my angel air to it.. it told me I had 700 shots left on a 4000 psi fill in my 68ci tank... What is this, an automag? =)

I shot about 20 rounds and it's down to 3700psi...

I'm fine with sending it back in to get fixed if that's possible.. I'm going out of town on Wednesday and I would like to send it out tomorrow.. Who should I contact to get an RMA?

Another thing.. my manual simply says that firing settings will be reset if you do a full reset in the menu... This needs to have a big warning slapped on it saying "DO NOT RESET SETTINGS!" I knew this already, but as I explained, this was an unintentional mishap...

Any more info would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

Old Feedback +4/-0
Old 09-06-2004, 09:17 PM #7
bandityo
Hi.

how did you adjust your dwell in the first place?

david
Old 09-06-2004, 09:42 PM #8
tex1

O3

Send it to the Dallas location and we will get it fixed.
No RMA number is needed.
www.odyssey.tv
Old 09-06-2004, 09:44 PM #9
tex1

O3

www.odyssey.tv
Send it to the Dallas location. No RMA is needed.
Name
Phone Day & Night
Address

TEX
Old 09-06-2004, 10:20 PM #10
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I will take this time to ask how you unlock the fire modes for the 03. a breif explanation would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:07 AM #11
Rubberneck

Re: O3

Quote:
Originally posted by tex1
www.odyssey.tv
Send it to the Dallas location. No RMA is needed.
Name
Phone Day & Night
Address

TEX
Thanks a lot.. I'll get it sent out tomorrow.. do I need to put the bottomline reg back on and take off my angel air bracket? I'm not sure if it'll even need to be gassed up to be reset.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old Feedback +4/-0
Old 09-07-2004, 05:59 PM #12
Rubberneck

Well.. I sent it out today.. priority mail insured w/delivery confirmation... I'll let everyone know how it works when I get it back. which is hopefully within a couple of weeks.

Old Feedback +4/-0
Old 09-08-2004, 12:56 AM #13
medicman5000
PM5

medicman5000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
how you unlock the fire modes for the 03
Made this thread just for you.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=638274