Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2004, 10:47 AM #1
SpNDz

has been a member for 10 years
Why'd they stop making tribals?

I always thought tribals were awesome

I got the chance to use one a year or two ago and it just ripped.
Why'd they stop making them again?

if they were still out i'd buy one.
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2004, 11:04 AM #2
warpedmephisto

warpedmephisto is a Supporting Member
They're still available, just not from any store. Look on this forum and you'll find some for sale. Basically the company went out of business cause the owner (Francois) was a scam artist and was only out to make a quick buck, then dissappear. Had nothing to do with the actual marker at all, just the money involved with it.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:30 PM #3
Chefmaster
2Face Industries

If theres one thing I hate more than anything...
it's the French.... or the Dutch... one of those... haha
sorry lame Austin Powers joke haha, but when you have Starz and they play the same damn movies over and over again... you are FORCED to watch them... and Austin Powers 3 is one of them...
HA... I need to get out more...
Old 08-10-2004, 06:12 AM #4
Izombie666
#1 in da hood-G!

"one thing I can't stand is peoples' intolerance for one another, and the dutch!" Austin rocks!
So what stopping someone from obtaining the rights to producing more as a seperate company? There are tons of people who subscribe to this forum who can do it!
"How 'bout a smoke and a pancake?"
we were playing in an old cow pasture, when we came across something that looked edible. My bro looks at me and dares me to eat them... needles to say, everything was extremely colorful during that day of play. We found ourselves, shooting eachother on purpose in the gogs, just to see the colors.
did you know YELLOW is more than one?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:08 AM #5
edwin247
You guys drive me nuts!!!

edwin247 is a Supporting Member
Nothing....
edwin@tribal-paintball.com
My Feedback on B/S/T
Old 08-10-2004, 10:44 AM #6
pump_shooty

Do you remember a Mel Brooks film called "The Producers?"
Old 08-10-2004, 01:24 PM #7
Chefmaster
2Face Industries

"cigarrette and a flapjack, cigar and a waffle, pipe and a crepe, bong and a blintz?"
haha...
Old 08-10-2004, 06:19 PM #8
Izombie666
#1 in da hood-G!

does anyone know how to go about gettin the rights? Anybody know anyone who was involved in that project? BLUE??? I'd like to get a hold of the engineer in charge
we were playing in an old cow pasture, when we came across something that looked edible. My bro looks at me and dares me to eat them... needles to say, everything was extremely colorful during that day of play. We found ourselves, shooting eachother on purpose in the gogs, just to see the colors.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:20 PM #9
Izombie666
#1 in da hood-G!

"are you sure you dont have a little clone in you, would you like some?" -mini me
Old 08-10-2004, 08:06 PM #10
edwin247
You guys drive me nuts!!!

edwin247 is a Supporting Member
The company is out of business, so there is no need to get rights!!! I didn't find any pantents for Tribals, and if they were it was only design patents and not utilities patent.

Copy away!!!

How can a company that is out of business sue anyone---anyways!!!

There is nothing special about a Tribal all it is, is a stacked tube electro-pneumatic marker, which probably a dozen others make them.

I would be more worry about Smart Parts as they have the patent on the electronic switch operated marker.

All it would take is an investment in Engineering, Marketing, Advertising, and Production. No problem for someone who has 250,000.00 to spare!!!

Come on Powerball!!!!

Opps I forgot to buy a ticket.
edwin@tribal-paintball.com
My Feedback on B/S/T
Old 08-10-2004, 09:09 PM #11
Artshark
Banned

Oldschool Shockers were double solenoided, I believe to fire and recock (not expert on SP, so...) so logically wouldn't only dual-sollied markers violate SP's patent?

Art
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 PM #12
Izombie666
#1 in da hood-G!

I just put my house up for sale! Hope the wife and kids dont mind living in my landcruiser. Mel brooks is my neighbor. Only, he's a 84yr. old black dude. And on the other side, in the alley, lives Tyrone Biggums! I want some crack!!

Last edited by Izombie666 : 08-10-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:39 PM #13
warpedmephisto

Quote:
Originally posted by Artshark
Oldschool Shockers were double solenoided, I believe to fire and recock (not expert on SP, so...) so logically wouldn't only dual-sollied markers violate SP's patent?

Art
Logically yes, Smart Parts no. The move SP made was bullsh*t anyways. Who the hell can patent a paintball gun that is activated by an electronic switch? You don't see telephone companies sueing eachother because the one claims they used the rotory dial first. I say we get the companies that produce the switches to sue SP because they are using their patented switches. Fight fire with fire. Or in this case, bad logic with worse logic.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:49 PM #14
mrjiggers
Better than you

*worser logic
Old 08-11-2004, 02:40 AM #15
Chefmaster
2Face Industries

do we really have to bring that whole 'f*ck smartparts deal here? It was already bad enough for me because I owned a tricked out shocker... so I heard it everyday... haha yes the company is retarded, we all know that... but hey, I can't complain about their products... that shocker was the most accurate gun I've ever shot in my life... of course... it wasn't stock
Old 08-11-2004, 08:23 AM #16
pump_shooty

well of course the shocker wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, It wasn't designed by smart parts. In all reality what has smart parts come up with that was original untill the 03 shocker and nerve (has anyone seen a nerve yet?). Some will answer this with the AA barrel or freak = wooptie doooo.

P.S. for those of you saying SP did come up with the shocker, Do a search on PVI, you can find them on www.vintagerex.com here check out this pic and read the small print http://www.vintagerex.com/pics/gunpi...y/shocker2.jpg

and not to start more sp bashing with this post but lets get back to talking about tribals.

Last edited by pump_shooty : 08-11-2004 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:09 AM #17
warpedmephisto

Yeah, my friend's dad has a PVI Shocker. SP ended up stealing the design from them and then went on to produce them as the Shocker Sport, 4x4, etc. Also, the Nerve isn't really anything new. Basically an Impulse with the solenoid above the ram like an Angel. But yeah! How bout them Tribals?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 AM #18
jakesak
**** Magic

jakesak is playing at Living Legends VII
jakesak is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jakesak plays in the APPA D3 division
Actullay, SP and PVI were both the creators, it was a joint operation. Then SP bought the design off of them and started to mass market them. PVI then went on to make the first LCD gun, which failed and they went under.
...I'm here for a good time.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:03 PM #19
pump_shooty

yes the lcd shocker also known as the warrior and cyber 9000, not that I remember. I just read it off that site I listed earlier. As for the Nerve I have no idea as I have yet to even see one in person or even really looked into it as I have no interest. I didnt mean to start a "how it really went down" between pvi and sp and would much rather discuse the tribals cuz as it comes down to it, they are some of the only electros I really care for. <--due to the fact they are fairly rare and newbies are like "who put flames on your impulse?" or "where did you find a single trigger bushy?" and I like to say things like "ah... your mom traded it to me for sex."
Old 08-12-2004, 05:45 PM #20
Izombie666
#1 in da hood-G!

MMMOOOMMMM!!!!!!! NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!! i like my tribal too. its purdy!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:28 PM #21
racing59pinto

Just to end the dispute about who created the first shocker, it was both of em. Both of their names are on the patent, meaning they both made it. Ask either 1 of them though and they will tell you different stories, thats why you go with the name on the patent.

pump-shooty, that was you with the singel trigger bushy? Man that was an awsome gun!