Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-26-2002, 09:44 PM #1
magman11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
freak jr.?

anyone no what a freak jr is and what guns you can get it omn.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2002, 11:03 PM #2
splatterpunx

its a less flashy freak that only fits on the m98 and the spyder

www.smartparts.com
Old 02-27-2002, 05:05 PM #3
Black Ice 72
Banned

Yeah, only one insert, that sucks. You could just get a CP or Bigshot or something.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:32 PM #4
splatterpunx

yea you could but then,to get another size barrel you would have to buy another barrel instead of just another insert
Old 02-27-2002, 06:12 PM #5
Black Ice 72
Banned

I suppose, but i really hate freaks. I'd rather have 8 barrels then 8 inserts with a tip and a back.

The freak just isn't for me. I had it for a while but sold it because I hated it.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:24 PM #6
splatterpunx

weather you dislike it or not is not the topic
Old 02-28-2002, 12:07 AM #7
donkeyz14

i would rather just get a new CP barrel for each bore size i need lol u can get them for less than 40 at places.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:16 PM #8
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by splatterpunx
weather you dislike it or not is not the topic
Did it just get g@y in here?
Old 02-28-2002, 05:29 PM #9
splatterpunx

yea i think you just brought the homo aspect to the message boards i think you would be better off posting on a NAMBLA board

at least there you would fit in
Old 02-28-2002, 09:26 PM #10
Black Ice 72
Banned

If you knew what NAMBLA actually was you would know that you are incorrect. Not only are members of NAMBLA homosexual but they are peadifiles so you are just stupid for posting... If you wanted a better word without makin yourself look stupid and trying to show off what you saw on an episode of South Park, I think you would refering to the word gay, the term that pertains to yourself.

Now, in my case how could I possibly be gay? I mean, your mom isn't a man or anything.

Last edited by Black Ice 72 : 02-28-2002 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:55 PM #11
paintballpimp21
Team Bloodhounds

since when did being gay have to pertain to what a freak junior is? people lay off each other it does you no good
Old 03-01-2002, 11:01 AM #12
splatterpunx

hmmm why would i send you to nambla?,yes i know what it is,no i dont watch south park,because your a young boy and you would fit in there fine,and if you took your dad's **** out of your mouth long enough to think about it it would all make sense,see the connection -lame *** spoiled teenager +greasy comic book store owners= your perfect life

and just as the last person posted,the topic was what was the freak jr,not that your bitter because you cant afford one or mommy and daddy wouldent buy you one or even you couldn't figure out what to do "with all the little colored things"

so if you cant understand a simple question in english who's the *******?,well that would be you
Old 03-01-2002, 01:15 PM #13
Black Ice 72
Banned

Dude, you were the first person to go off topic.

I'd honestly like to see you in person say that to my face. You are just a little punk who talks a lot, but doesn't say anything.

Ask pretty much anyone here, I post a lot. And most of my posts are not flames, they are to help the other person.

I said I don't like Freaks because I have my reasons. I think I was valid to post my opinion because he was asking about them.

Now grow up, because all you do is curse and make yourself look bad.

Don't you dare talk about my father or my family, either. You don't know me at all, and you never will because your little selfish mind thinks that you are the best, when in fact you aren't. Your comebacks are lame and you are immature.

Also, where did the comic book store owner come into play? Do you have ADD or something?

Thumper_Rush, delete our posts, please, if you wish. This thread is getting immature and it needs to be cleaned up

Thanks,
Alec
Old 03-01-2002, 01:42 PM #14
splatterpunx

hahah ok whatever, being mature is obviously not your specialty,and why did you start the flame?, "i hate the freak" is not the topic,and calling people you dont know "g@y" is a quick way to get yourself shutdown,and im sorry you cant understand when youve been insulted it's not my fault,your still sucking your thumb and wetting your pants,thats somthing you need to see a professional about

i have seriously no problem insulting you directly to your face
and i am not a little kid,who hides behind a computer,making threats,witch is what you have just done,compensating for a lack of somthing? and once again your the first to bring in the profanity
and insulting my family.

and if you really want to be mature then post why you hate the freak,why its a bad idea,good solid info for the person to base his buying decision on,what are these "personal reasons" the whole point of this forum is to give new players the info they need,and by your posts your not doing that,your showing your own stupidity,and not reading the post

so instead of wa wa wa i lost, mod please help, why not redeam yourself and once again answer the newb's question with solid useful info,youll see by my and my employee's post all over sevral message boards there are no flames just very useful info.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:24 PM #15
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:

i have seriously no problem insulting you directly to your face
and i am not a little kid,who hides behind a computer,making threats,witch is what you have just done,compensating for a lack of somthing?
You are just a punk, don't waste my time. You are all show, no go. You just have the secureness of the internet to back you up so you don't have to step up.

Ok, woman, here are my reasons for hating the freak:

Roughly 200 even give or take and you get 8 inserts, 1 tip, one back.

We can (for comparing purposes) say this is 8 separate barrels.

So 8 separate barrels with bore sizes:
.679, .684, .689, .693, .682, .687, .691, .695

Out of these 8 inserts, I honestly have used about 3 of them tops. The .684, . 689, .687. Ususally when people play they use the same paint or they use the paint they like frequently. So. thus, you will use inserts that are the same or close to the same. In no event have I ever used the .679 or the .695 so rule them out.

It's not the 8 random inserts that is disappointing to me, it's the cheapness of them. They are easily dented. When you dent them they are done, no more use. That's 25 bucks down the drain. If you get a CP Pro Kit, you get all backs, no flimsy inserts that damage if dropped. The Freak just doesn't do the job.

Freak Jr., fine. They are cheap and only come with 1 insert. Not expensive. There are better things for the money, but hey, it's your decision.

Now if you want to attempt to revive anything that's left of your attempt at a valid comeback, go for it.

Whatever I say, I can always back up. And I am man enough to admit when I am wrong if I am. I am not wrong, because it is my OPINION.

The originator of this thread said " anyone no what a freak jr is. " I'd say that beyond answering his question a personal opinion is necesary. After all, someone can ask what a Talon is, and I would only hope that someone would also explain their opinion about them.

Last edited by Black Ice 72 : 03-01-2002 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:33 PM #16
splatterpunx

ill end it by saying a few things,your silly attempt at insults and threats are,seriously weak,and very funny,just think about the fact that theres a whole room full of people NOT laughing with you,there laughing AT you.

im not sure were your all show no go idea came from,but im emplore you,i beg you show up at any of the fields here and i will personally whip your *** on or off,the field your choice.

im suprised at your little review,if you had somthing to post that actually had content why not do it from the start instead of slinging a insult at someone i seriously dont think "dude,it suck's"
is anywere on topic,nor did the person who posted this ask for a opinion,and if you wanted to give them some info why didnt you?!

and why do you feel your opinion or someone elses is required
to answer a simple question? are you seriously going to insult a newb when they ask what a talon is? are you the all knowing all seeing god of paintball? are you a week minded religous zealot
that decides what others need to think?

what do you think a newb is going to think of this sport ,when off the bat they get insulted for asking a question? or totally misinformed?

if they want to shoot a talon,or a freak or a blowgun thats there choice..not yours,but it is your responsability,by agreeing to the rules of most message boards to provide good solid info,not crap

so instead of acting your age grow up a little,and if you think your such a big man and all,then act like it,and promote this sport with the integrity and respect it deserves,respect the new players
they are the lifeblood of this sport without them ,we will loose ,fields,stores,everything!
Old 03-02-2002, 06:25 AM #17
Black Ice 72
Banned

Re: freak jr.?

Quote:
Originally posted by magman11
anyone no what a freak jr is
That, in my book, is asking what it is. But, moreover, I'd say he may be looking for something over the lines of just what it physically is.

I never made fun of talons, you, in your childish mind, created an aura for yourself making your mind believe in some way that I was against all low end pump guns. I never insulted talons in anyway. For the money, they are worth it. But, in your mind you saw the word talon and imediately connected it with your personal feelings. I could have put angel instead of talon and it would mean the same thing. It is just an insecureness and weakness that you have.

I never insulted the original poster for asking the question! I just let him know my opinion on the product. I would have said something along the lines of "This question is stupid". But, being the NICE guy that I am, no questions are stupid. There are just stupid answers.

This arguement is getting nowhere. Do you know why? I am the one that supported my arguement with sufficient evidence for my side and that is good enough for me. The least you can do is support yours without the half-assed response that you gave earlier.

You like the freak? Fine, i respect that. The whole world likes the freak. I just provided my opinion which happens to be on the contrary to most opinions.

:::: waiting for a mod to close this saying something like "Original question answered" ::::
Old 03-02-2002, 02:01 PM #18
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
just think about the fact that theres a whole room full of people NOT laughing with you,there laughing AT you.
Hmmm... If you were so mature you would think you could use mature grammer.. Looks like someone doesn't know the difference between their, they're and there...

Quote:
im not sure were your all show no go idea came from,but im emplore you,i beg you show up at any of the fields here and i will personally whip your *** on or off,the field your choice.
Hmmm another immature attack and childish provocation. [in a whinny, girly, high pitched voice] "Hey dude im gonna beat u anyday, anywhere, with any gun.. just meet me there.." This is what you are sounding like right now...

Quote:
im suprised at your little review,if you had somthing to post that actually had content why not do it from the start instead of slinging a insult at someone i seriously dont think "dude,it suck's"
is anywere on topic,nor did the person who posted this ask for a opinion,and if you wanted to give them some info why didnt you?!.
Quote:
Yeah, only one insert, that sucks. You could just get a CP or Bigshot or something.
Black's post is commenting on the fact that the ONE insert that it comes with is a negative aspect for the purchase. With this came his remark for THAT sucks rather than IT sucks.. "THAT" was reffering to the ONE insert that the Freak Jr. comes with.. Dont falsely accuse someone of saying something they didnt do.

Quote:
and why do you feel your opinion or someone elses is required
to answer a simple question? are you seriously going to insult a newb when they ask what a talon is? are you the all knowing all seeing god of paintball? are you a week minded religous zealot
that decides what others need to think?
Ummmmm... This is the NEWBIE FORUM which is a place where one's ignorant areas can be enlightened with the opinions/facts of others more knowledgeable in experienced areas.

Quote:
what do you think a newb is going to think of this sport ,when off the bat they get insulted for asking a question? or totally misinformed?
Please find a post in here where Black posted a negative comment or insult to anyone who asked a question (other than yourself).

****Now the elements of my negative opinions that are contrary to those who like or praise the freak(jr.)****

1) Inserts are very fragile and can bend or scratch internally rather easily. At $25 a pop they are pretty costly

2) The inserts are PAINTED rather than polished. This results in more friction which leads to a more restricted path of travel the paintball. At high speeds of travel, as in paintball, this can play a key role in accuracy. Polished and smooth is always the best route to go.

3)The freak Jr. is rather pricy for a single bored barrel... Yes other bore sizes are an option; however with the extra $50 you threw out the window here's what you could have. Two barrels with the same if not better performance with $20 left over.

4)Only three bore sizes on the freak are necessary, and even out of those only two will be used on a regular basis. Three custom products barrels with the same three bore sizes can be obtained for $120 versus the $150 with the freak jr. + 2 inersts... The freak can only be used by one user and is essentially one barrel, while the 3 CP barrels are individual.

5) The freak is a pain to clean when a ball is broken inside. Forget even trying to queegie or shoot through it. The only way to clean that sucker is with a water spray bottel and a heavy duty 5 disk squeegie.

A few more things but they excape my mind, and i have spent long enough on this response...

splatterpunx may i suggest you imbibe a libation and relax a bit... Come back in when you have something EVERYONE can benefit from.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Mag Master 21 : 03-02-2002 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:47 PM #19
Black Ice 72
Banned

Yeah, definitely listen to what Mag Master says. I am not just saying this because I agree with him in this situation, but he also knows his stuff really well.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:56 PM #20
Pxaxnxzxexr
Who me?

Exclamation Something about it "turning g@y in here"

Is it just me, or was it Black Ice 72 that started the insults?

Splatterpunx simply stated that this post was not about your opinion about the freak system, but what a freak jr is.

To answer that question, the Freak Junior is a barrel that uses the same insert technology as the full Freak Set. Different inserts can be bought, but I believe the stock insert is .689 (I don't know this for certain). It is probably a good choice for lower-end rec-ball players because a wide variety of paint can be used with decent accuracy by just purchasing different sized inserts.

As for the durability of the inserts, I have never heard or nor seen a freak insert break, bend, dent or deform. With basic care and maintainence they would be fine. They are color coded on the outside and lightly polished on the inside.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:02 PM #21
Black Ice 72
Banned

Re: Something about it "turning g@y in here"

Quote:
Originally posted by Pxaxnxzxexr
Splatterpunx simply stated that this post was not about your opinion about the freak system, but what a freak jr is.

It is probably a good choice for lower-end rec-ball players because a wide variety of paint can be used with decent accuracy by just purchasing different sized inserts.

As for the durability of the inserts, I have never heard or nor seen a freak insert break, bend, dent or deform. With basic care and maintainence they would be fine. They are color coded on the outside and lightly polished on the inside.
First off, the original question was answered i believe. And if I wasn't suposed to voice my opinion, then why did you? If you have never heard of an insert having a problem, then you have now. They bend much more often then you think. I know first hand because I have bent 2 or 3.

I may have started the initial flaming. But he opened the gas tank for it. I don't appreciate him saying that my opinion doesn't matter. I have used almost every paintball product out there, this includes pretty much every gun and barrel. I know my stuff about paintball.

I would think that I would be one of the better people to ask for an opinion on a paintball poduct.

Last edited by Black Ice 72 : 03-04-2002 at 06:24 PM.