PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-31-2004, 06:21 PM #1
sotight91765

has been a member for 10 years
valve and ram

i was thinking since the o3 has an autococker body couldn't you use an autococker valve like a tornado or shocktech. Also could you drill a hole through the ram in the skinny part and maybe through the back.[IMG]http://www.**************/uploads/features/ram_assembly.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by sotight91765 : 08-31-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 PM #2
CornMonkey
Gonads and Strife

i'm more than certain that an aftermarket autococker valve would work. but efficiency may or may not be compromised. more than likely, you would also want to use a spring kit with a new valve...but i don't think an spring kits are available for the O3. all in all, i say stick with the stock valve.

as for the ram, i have no idea what you're talking about. the pic isn't working.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:35 PM #3
sotight91765

sry its because the image is on 68 caliber .com so it edited it out. would a cocker spring kit work in it. basically what i was talking about with the ram was drilling it to make it lighter.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:49 AM #4
CornMonkey
Gonads and Strife

will a cocker spring kit work? i have no idea but i highly doubt it.

what "skinny part" of the ram are you talking about? i don't see any part of the ram where you can/should drill.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:40 AM #5
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

I should have My o3 this weekend and i will see what fits and what doesn't.... cocker spring kits i doubt will fit. maybe something more like 2k3-2k4 piranha spring.

but who knows.

100% reason to remember the name
Old 09-01-2004, 06:37 PM #6
sotight91765

why do you think that the valve may not get better efficiency. is it because it would need a spring kit with it. and when i say the skinny part of the ram i mean the back of the ram that slides into the ram housing/casing.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:28 AM #7
CornMonkey
Gonads and Strife

if/when you swap your valve, you almost always want to do it in conjunction with a spring kit. stock springs may not be sufficient for the increase (or decrease) in flow of an aftermarket valve.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:36 PM #8
sotight91765

couldn'y you just cut the spring or heat and stretch the spring. and wouldn't a spring kit for cockers work since it uses the same body.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:05 PM #9
CornMonkey
Gonads and Strife

same body, but not the same internals. there are positives and negatives of cutting springs.

in terms of valves, just because their aftermarket upgrades doesn't mean that they're actually upgrades. for example, one of the best cocker internals you can have is the stock valve + orracle valve spring + stock hammer spring. this setup for cockers have been proven to have better effiiciency than most any other setup out there.

unless you're that desperate to try something different, stick with the stock setup. it seems to be working out for us fine. and i dunno about you but i don't have the time or resources to fool around with different parts and spring combos. that's why i'm waiting for people like dave to do the work for me.