Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 PM #1
baldusi

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Mayhem only vents!

Dear Leon or sniperf1,
My Mayhem has suddenly developed the bad habit of venting air but not shooting. I've tested it with CO2 and Air, upping the pressure and lowering, I even tried changing the batteries. Nothing has work.

When I let it rest for a while, it will shoot a few shot, then it's venting air until I let it rest. I'm really puzzled. Here is 60F, but that's not that cold. I might try to play with the regulator a bit more. But I'm relly lost here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2004, 02:24 AM #2
dEATh

Sounds like a lube problem from afar and off the bat.
Possibly an Oring problem.

Just guessig though.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 AM #3
baldusi

I've disassembled and everything seemed fine and lubed. Specifically, I had been puting lots of oil trough the ASA ehn this got worst.
Two quesion only:
1) There's a piece of black hose running transfersaly in the Popet seat agains the Valve Housing. My understanding is that this is normal.
2) There's an Oring between the bolt and the Valve housing. Should it go between the Breech and the Mainspring?

If I wanted to relube just to test it. Should I use marker oil, marker oil mixed with lithium grease or Dow33?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:43 PM #4
baldusi

I've put Dow 33 all though it. But it keeps having this trouble. The difference is that this time I've notice two bad things:
1) scrathes on one side of the body, like if the bolt was strucking against one side.
2) when a firend of mine shoots, the breach moves op and down considerably. The to screw (the one of the sighing rail) is loose. The threads are partly stripped. Could this be the reason?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:07 AM #5
M_Laver

V1 RULES

loose, stripped screws and the wrong feed neck (my problem) will cause the body to shift to angles they are not supposda go. Wrong feed neck allows the breech to shift to a downward angle causing the bolt to hang on the feedport.
First off find so one to put a heli coil in the valve housing where the screw is stripped. Disassemble, clean, lube (dow33) reassemble, and trouble shoot again.

I though I had a bad solinod, HA, I just needed to move the little o-ring to where it should be.