PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-24-2004, 03:46 PM #1
SonicWeasel

Torid X Breaking Balls

How can I tell if my Ball Detent is bad. My torid x is breaking balls bad, someone said it could be my ball detent letting in like a ball and a half. Is there a way to tell? I cant seem to get service on the phone.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2004, 05:29 PM #2
syphenfilter

has been a member for 10 years
Curious....where did you purchase this marker?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:04 PM #3
Tainen

Remove your detent with the allen keys that came with the gun. If you can press on the ball bearing and it springs back with good pressure, then the detent isnt your problem. Don't screw it back in too far, it will pop apart.
If you have the stock bolt, then you shouldn't have problems with the bolt being too far back.
Make sure the eyes are on, and check to see if it chops at slower rates of fire. If it doesnt, then maybe the eye is seeing your bolt and letting you fire when theres no ball chambered, causing you to chop at higher rates of fire.
You can get an aftermarket bolt to help this, or refer to my sharpie mod with a nylatron bolt. Or, the best and easiest way to fix chopping, is get a faster loader!
I had a couple problems until I colored in my bolt and used a ram bumper to move my bolt up, and then I still got a halo for the heck of it, and I haven't chopped since... its been about a month.

Old Feedback
New Feedback

Odyssey gun w/ extras
Old 08-26-2004, 11:30 PM #4
SonicWeasel

I got it off of eBay. Why?? does it make a difference? Did I get a good one? Why did you ask?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:30 AM #5
Tainen

He asked because not a lot of people are selling them yet, and they are pretty rare so far.
Good marker though!

Old Feedback
New Feedback

Odyssey gun w/ extras
Old 08-27-2004, 09:24 AM #6
bimm3r

are you guys sure you got the noew torid x? because theirs also tes b which look like the torid x except it has plasic frame and it has no eye