Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-23-2004, 03:37 PM #1
HOLLYW00D

HOLLYW00D is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PSI question

what are the positives and negatives of setting your inline reg high (~300 psi) and your bolt pressure low (~50 psi). essentially, i'm trying to find a balance between no kick what-so-ever and consistency. obviously, the lower the bolt pressure the lower the kick and the less chance of chopping (if that was ever a problem to begin with), and the higher the inline the louder it will be, but i know there's a lot i'm missing. please enlighten me. thanx.
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2004, 04:46 PM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
A) a higher inline isn't necessarily going to be louder
B) with a higher inline, the valve may close faster because of the increased pressure behind it
C) If your LPR is set lower, you may have a problem with FSDO
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 08-23-2004, 05:10 PM #3
HOLLYW00D

HOLLYW00D is a Supporting Member
what about consistency, do you think it (higher inline) would affect it? cos everyone's boasting about 200 inline and 50 lpr, but that only gets me to about 235fps *shrug* if i leave the inline at 200 and adjust the lpr to get ~290, my lpr pressure ends up at like 80ish psi, so i figure if i leave the lpr at 50 and just bump the inline untill i reach my desired fps, maybe that'll get me to where i want to be: no kick & consistent (without sacrificing efficiency). any thoughts on this theory?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:32 PM #4
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
That'll work fine and possibly be more efficient as well. If you get FSDO, you may want to turn the LPR up and the inline down a bit and see if that helps, but you shouldn't run into any big problems. Consistancy shouldn't be a huge difference, it's largely determined by reg quality and paint/barrel match.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 08-23-2004, 06:04 PM #5
BobbyesGuapo

You could try sweetspotting the reg's. I used to do it on my bushmaster so it will probably work here too.
Take your gun to the chrono, turn the lpr to 190ish and keep turning it up until there is a decrease in fps, do the same w/ the lpr...should work.