PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-29-2001, 10:03 PM #22
Winnie
Team Inferno

has been a member for 10 years
on the excal there is a gap between the carriage & the inner wall so it'd have to be alot of dirt to effect it.
AKA "swirl" Excalibur #155
Factory Certified Excal Tech
http://home.kscable.com/theinferno/
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2001, 08:01 PM #23
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
Like I said before, I don't want to come off as bashing the Excal as a biased Angel owner. I'd love to get my hands on an Excal and really get a feel for it. The 10.5 ROF cap and lack of a quality stock finish are keeping me from going out and buying one. I played a tourney today. I didn't chop a single ball with peaks of 12bps and shot (272, 274, 272, 274) on the chrono all day long. If I get a day with an Excal and it performs better, I'd have my LCD for sale the next day. There isn't an AKALMP dealer all that close to here, and no Excal owners that I've met, so I'll just have to wait......
Old 07-11-2001, 07:24 PM #24
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
My worries are about the gun in the rain. Take the bolt out and notice the gaping hole there. Kinda scary, but i've heard of people playing the rain with no problems. I know that Angels are pretty much waterproof.

I did find out about Excaliburs not chopping though this past weekend. My Ricochet kept turning off due to battery terminals not making. Well I kept shooting, maxed out, and no chops. The bolt was slamming some of the paint but never broke one. Since i've had the gun the breech and barrels have been dry. Very very impressive.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:47 PM #25
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
I know of PLENTY of Angels that have gotten +/-2 fps or less over a chrono, as soon as the packing grease is shot out of the gun, takes 2 cases. I think the Excal has more potential, based on the design, but... let's keep things straight here. As for dirt in the hammer area... I can't see how, unless it was covered in sand, or if the breech was opened up while winds were blowing sand everywhere.. I've never seen that as being a problem with mine.

There will never be a "best gun." Different people prefer different guns. All high end guns shoot about the same, so it all goes down to how the gun feels to the user, and what little extra's they want. No sense in trying to prove that one high end gun is better than another, it'll never happen.